Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance, Faries, Veronaville?

Does anyone else think it's likely that we'll see a romance pack include fairy occults, and fair Veronaville from Sims 2? (Veronaville would be ideal for romantic activities, arts, music, even gondolas... plus the Monty and Capp families!)

Comments

• Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Imo they'd try to stretch that into two or three packs. It sounds nice though. :blush:
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd be surprised if fairies come in a romance pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't know much beyond the wiki about Veronaville, but despite A Midsomer Night's Dream, I don't really see that much of a connection between Romance and Faeries. (And honestly, Romeo and Juliet is not a healthy relationship model anyway.)
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't know much beyond the wiki about Veronaville, but despite A Midsomer Night's Dream, I don't really see that much of a connection between Romance and Faeries. (And honestly, Romeo and Juliet is not a healthy relationship model anyway.)

If we get a romantic world it will probably be something like an Italian or French World.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What do fairies have to do with romance? or is this a question I do not want to have answered...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2021
    Veronaville makes perfect sense, since we got Strangerville. May I plug my discussion?
    My post kinda goes in a different directions than fairies/romance. But a Veronaville-inspired world would be awesome no matter what it comes with.

• Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’d rather they do veronaville or any classic town in sims 5, not because they couldn’t do it here, but they’d honestly have a shot to eventually do it justice in sims 5 where in sims 4 they couldn’t (and veronaville had 3 families).

But a town outside of veronaville where the Summerdreams to move to fully express their fairy haritage could work and be amazing...

But odds are we’ll just get fairies in a tiny world and a Summerdream house hold made by EA separately that requires 50 packs with no place to put them in the world.

Sometimes I love plopping those sims in houses though out the worlds when they make the premade sims from previous games but other times I wish the premade families came with a house.

Remember when they released the Grunt household for Sims 4 it required 50 packs, they could of just made a regular pair of camo pants and patched them into the base game before releasing the Grunts but they instead thought that tacky pair of camo pants from the Get Famous game would work.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Preferably not since I can already see Fairies getting the Aliens and Mermaids treatment, and just be sims but with glittery wings.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Preferably not since I can already see Fairies getting the Aliens and Mermaids treatment, and just be sims but with glittery wings.

Exactly this!!! Fairy sims should have their own game pack, if they are ever being added.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would want the actual fae of legends that I grew up with, not this winged glittery midget princess rubbish spewed by Disney and their ilk. So no, as the only thing they'd have in relation to romance would be stealing husbands or wives away and substituting babies with a changeling.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I’d rather they do veronaville or any classic town in sims 5, not because they couldn’t do it here, but they’d honestly have a shot to eventually do it justice in sims 5 where in sims 4 they couldn’t (and veronaville had 3 families).

But a town outside of veronaville where the Summerdreams to move to fully express their fairy haritage could work and be amazing...

But odds are we’ll just get fairies in a tiny world and a Summerdream house hold made by EA separately that requires 50 packs with no place to put them in the world.

Sometimes I love plopping those sims in houses though out the worlds when they make the premade sims from previous games but other times I wish the premade families came with a house.

Remember when they released the Grunt household for Sims 4 it required 50 packs, they could of just made a regular pair of camo pants and patched them into the base game before releasing the Grunts but they instead thought that tacky pair of camo pants from the Get Famous game would work.

agreed
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    stealing husbands or wives away and substituting babies

i could totally see fairies doing that, after all they're usually portrayed as mischievous almost evil creatures
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    To me fairies would have as little appeal as plantsims (that I never ever touched in any literation). I hope those wanting fairies will get them, but if they come in a separate game pack as an addition, we can all grab the romance EP without ignoring a third of its content. And to be honest, there are lots of features I'd see fitting better with romance than fairies. This is why I love that additional content is split on numerous GPs and SPs, it allows for more detail and each simmers can mix and match content as desired :)

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks romance and fairies go well together?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options

no, for example has nobody seen Cinderella with the fairy godmother??
  • Options

I mean, if you want to ignore hundreds of years of fairies being depicted as human height evil creatures that steal family members, then sure. Modern media has a lot to answer for. Mythological fairies were so much more interesting :/
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    They go fine together enough for me. I've read about both good and "bad" fairies, and it was usually some kind of romance theme involved.

Good - a supportive fairy that would help the character find love.
    Bad - a fairy that more or less led a person to his or her death after fooling them with promises of love.

Though in all honesty, I think a 'romance' pack will include: Possibly, a new world (with those gondolas people have mentioned), some romantic furniture, and some decorations that gives the flirty moodlet a boost. Maybe, and just maybe, a new interaction.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We have a holiday for love and fairies in my country. And witchcraft. :smiley:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sânziană
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I noticed they have been replacing vamps as love interests in fantasy novels in the past few years, so you are not alone in feeling that XD
    I think fairies can have whatever type of portrayal you want them to, just like vamps, so if you think they go will with sweet romantic themes then that goes.
  • Options
    I'm not saying that they can't go together. It's just that the sort of romance I think of when I think Faerie isn't a natural part of the sort of romance I think simmers who want a romance pack are asking for.

Tam Lin? Has romance in it, but grabbing your lover from the back of a horse and holding tight as the evil elf king turns him into all sorts of monsters isn't exactly analogous to slow dancing.
    Darby O'Gill? There's romance in the B-plot, but the A plot is a friendship between an old man and a leprechaun.
    The Green Children? No romance there.
    Cinderella? Well, in the original Grimm tale, it was the ghost of her mother and not a fairy godmother.
  • Options
    If we get fairies I hope we have the option to make them tiny like in TS3 and get back fairy houses.

That said however I think a romance pack needs to be dedicated to romance since so much in that area is missing from TS4.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm not saying that they can't go together. It's just that the sort of romance I think of when I think Faerie isn't a natural part of the sort of romance I think simmers who want a romance pack are asking for.

Tam Lin? Has romance in it, but grabbing your lover from the back of a horse and holding tight as the evil elf king turns him into all sorts of monsters isn't exactly analogous to slow dancing.
    Darby O'Gill? There's romance in the B-plot, but the A plot is a friendship between an old man and a leprechaun.
    The Green Children? No romance there.
    Cinderella? Well, in the original Grimm tale, it was the ghost of her mother and not a fairy godmother.

regarding the Cinderella bit, it was Charles Perrault who decided to make her a fairy, anyways i highly doubt ea will get inspired on older tales of Disney adaptations especially cuz most of them are not made for kids lol

fairies on ts4 doesn't necessarily mean they will be all glittery sparkly pastel shiny, yes there's a big chance given the disneyesque mermaids, but if we got fairy statues on the vampires pack it may be a hint for "darker" fairies right?
    and love doesn't have to be cheesy pink, it can be like the Addams love, dark & elegant
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I would want the actual fae of legends that I grew up with, not this winged glittery midget princess rubbish spewed by Disney and their ilk. So no, as the only thing they'd have in relation to romance would be stealing husbands or wives away and substituting babies with a changeling.

Oh I agree on that. The Faries depicted in the original tales of the Arabian nights (the kind that the author of Sherlock Holmes grew obsessed with) are much more interesting, I mean, they were very similar to Jinn in regards to their powers and antics. Except that one Peri Banu (I think that was the original translated name) she fell in love with the human after he struck her portal with an arrow. And even the Shakespearian fairies of midsummer nights dream came from India. But let's face it, sims is always cliche so I figured the Disney style Faries would be more likely.
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »

Oh I agree on that. The Faries depicted in the original tales of the Arabian nights (the kind that the author of Sherlock Holmes grew obsessed with) are much more interesting, I mean, they were very similar to Jinn in regards to their powers and antics. Except that one Peri Banu (I think that was the original translated name) she fell in love with the human after he struck her portal with an arrow. And even the Shakespearian fairies of midsummer nights dream came from India. But let's face it, sims is always cliche so I figured the Disney style Faries would be more likely.

I'm not Arabic, I grew up with the english stories of faeries that live in the dell and do untold harm unless you appease them with gifts every night. Not to mention the nasty business of convincing yourself that your disfigured in some way baby must be a changeling and tossing it in to a fire to make the faeries give the real one back....

As late as 1895 we had a case of a man being charged with murder for setting fire to his wife in an attempt to 'drive the faerie' out of her. Faeries stole your loved one and replaced them. I'd love all the dark stuff to be including as an antithesis to the romance but I know it won't happen D:

Being put under 'the influence' or a spell is NOT love or romance in any sense. The Addams family were weird, but they truly loved each other and were consenting. A faerie victim is having their mind controlled, they have no free will.
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »

I'm not Arabic, I grew up with the english stories of faeries that live in the dell and do untold harm unless you appease them with gifts every night. Not to mention the nasty business of convincing yourself that your disfigured in some way baby must be a changeling and tossing it in to a fire to make the faeries give the real one back....

That was the other one I wanted to reference. The one where the woman didn't want to harm the child in case it wasn't a Changeling, so she starts miming brewing beer in eggshells, which confuses the Changeling and tricks it into talking and revealing itself. I just couldn't remember the name of it.