Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEED HELP WITH SIMS 4

Cant Load My game on Sims 4 - Not sure if its because of the new format with EA PLAY - where you have to pay to play - could someone help me with this issue? Need to know why it won't load - please help with explanation
Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I don't think it's the EA play format.

Did you make sure you have enough storage space in your hard drive? Was there a mod or CC that you recently installed that could be causing some kinda glitch?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    hi i have tons of space on my pc - the only issue i had was i got new modem over the weekend - i did uninstall everything - i read somewhere that ea play was replacing origin though - and you have to pay to use ea play which means you eventually have to pay to play

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    I guess my other question would be is ea play replacing origin i read it online somewhere because maybe thats why i am having the issue with my sims 4?

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    edited February 2021
    I don't think EA Play is replacing Origin. Would not be fair for people who have bought the packs thru Origin.
    832XG3D.gif
    EA Play is only a subscription type of thing if you don't want to buy specific games and just want to play via subscription.

Not sure why you have a problem with the game. Does the game show up in your My Library at all?
    832XG3D.gif
    Also, I did open The Sims 4 game a few days ago and I could open it so I don't think it's EA Play causing the issue.
    832XG3D.gif
    ahhh so it might just be me - good call :D heres what i thought and read on the internet :EA has announced in September 2020 that it plans to retire Origin in favor of a new EA Desktop client for its EA Play service in the future.
    which to me meant they were getting rid of it all together - for ea play which meant if you tried to play your game it would block you from doing so, which is why i came to my conclusion that maybe just by some weird thing that i couldnt open up my game was because i had to buy ea play to play sims 4 - i am reinstalling sims 4 now and hoping by some weird way everything works

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    The game is there in my library but when i clicked on it - it when back to the home screen - and said was already playing the game - which was my first sign i was having trouble - it didnt even load for me - so i am reinstalling everything now - to see if it fixed the issue

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    still having issues after reloading every game - it wont let me load the sims 4 - it says I AM playing the sims 4 - but the game does not come up on my pc just origin is there i have the latest origin version - and everything i re installed everything and cleared everything

~ WestCoastGirl34~
    So I have a link as to why its not working its something with the game not EA PLAY - thank god - i just guess i have to wait for another update i gather and be patient cause i tried everything and i uninstalled and reinstalled and took my game off but left the files there for now i got frustrated https://windowsreport.com/sims-4-wont-start-fix/?unapproved=41343&moderation-hash=136286914b93655edc6e7d06c0702667#comment-41343

~ WestCoastGirl34~