Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7th night in haunted house and still no Guidry...

I expected to be guided by Guidry much earlier. My sim already maxed the Medium skill. She communicated with green, blue, yellow and red specters. She had arms and plants and spooky marks on floor. She summoned on Bonehilda many times, and she hosted several group séances etc. She even spent some time viewing Guidry's painting on the wall, in case that should trigger something (the painting has been changing color at least twice).

I wonder why Guidry is still not showing. Tonight my sim is extremely scared from a doll on the floor. What more does it take to meet him?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Try buying the hand statue in buy mode, then turn Guidry off and back on.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Try buying the hand statue in buy mode, then turn Guidry off and back on.

Thanks, but it says when pointing at the hand that "it seems currently unresponsive"...
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Do you happen to have any other ghosts showing up? If so, click on them to see if they have the Guidry chat options. That was my issue, NPC mod was interfering with him being spawned. He should show up on roughly the second day.
    I hope you find out what the problem is.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Do you happen to have any other ghosts showing up? If so, click on them to see if they have the Guidry chat options. That was my issue, NPC mod was interfering with him being spawned. He should show up on roughly the second day.
    I hope you find out what the problem is.

I don't have other ghosts showing up, except the specters. But I read numerous threads in other forums and I wonder if this is caused by me playing rotationally and not being on this lot two following days at exactly 9 PM. It says nowhere that you need to be on the lot at 9 PM, but I will try if it might solve it. Also read that the hand sculpture is supposed to be unresponsive until Guidry activates it by showing up the first time.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So it's not just my mud puddles that have failed to show up. :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think James Turner had that problem in his Let's Play, he wasn't on lot at 9pm so things weren't getting triggered. Inconvenient for rotational players but hopefully the issue is that simple to fix for you.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Also took me almost one week for him to show up.
  • Options
    Problem solved. I had to be on the lot at 9 PM sharp. Arriving the lot 9:05 PM would probably be too late and Guidry would not visit. Glad it was this simple, I'll check if this will be needed for all his visits or just to get him activated.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Problem solved. I had to be on the lot at 9 PM sharp. Arriving the lot 9:05 PM would probably be too late and Guidry would not visit. Glad it was this simple, I'll check if this will be needed for all his visits or just to get him activated.

So if my sim stayed out every night and returned home after 9pm, they would never witness any paranormal activity? Interesting.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yeah, if you’re off lot at 9pm he won’t show at all.

—T
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »

So if my sim stayed out every night and returned home after 9pm, they would never witness any paranormal activity? Interesting.

I think you will reduce the activity, the least. In one case my family slept all through the night in a haunted house because I was playing another house at 9PM. I don't know if it is needed to switch active house, or if it is enough to visit the park next door. Also, there might be a difference once Guidry has been activated, but basically I don't think he trigger lots of activity unless your sim actively use the séance table etc.