Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with default baby skin

Every time I put a new custom skin for babies in my game (I've only tested one save file for now), the default skin still shows. I've looked through my entire mods folder and it shows no other skins besides the ones I put in. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance.
New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most default skins are outdated since the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. Are you sure the one you wanted to use is up to date?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    @83bienchen It has to be updated because I had downloaded it before I tested it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Not necessarily.There are a lot of baby default outfits that have not been updated.

For instance, I choose not to update my own baby defaults because I'm okay with the outfit choices that came with Nifty knitting and don't see a need for a default replacement anymore.

Moreover, I have heard that it's rather tricky to get the default baby skintones and clothes to work with the current version of the game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @83bienchen Is that the reason why the CC skin tones I put in don't work on the babies?
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    @mcrudd could probably help. She makes a lot of really good baby defaults.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    @mcrudd could probably help. She makes a lot of really good baby defaults.

Wow wish I could help BookBear, but I only do the little clothes part. Nifty knitting has split the actual skintones from clothes now. That is why a lot of unupdated skintone replaces don't work for babies anymore. I do however know its possible. A friend @permanentrose has a beautiful little default skin that she uses and it works with all my little outfits as well, so they are seperate from each other. Perhaps she could share her link with you @jms62511.

If not then I could make you an old fashioned before niftyknitting outfit where the baby wears their skintone as clothes. BUT that would mean it would be one skintone colour per package. So for eg you would have light skintone and all the babies ingame will have light skintone no matter what skintone parents are, then I could make dark skintone and so on and on. Then you must just put the correct package in the game depending on which skintone baby should be. Its a lot of hassle for you, but I don't mind doing it for you. This is a bit silly but could work.

OR

Sent me the package and I will l play around with it and see if I can fix it. I am not a very good cc maker (just make baby outfits) but I can always give it a go and google for tutorials and things ;)

Here is a beautiful photo @permanentrose sent me of her little one and its little default skin wearing one of my little pj onesies. So it is possible, we just need to find a way for you. Happy simming :)
    2x0TDAl.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    This is the skin replacement I use. It's been updated for the Nifty Knitting pack.

https://martinessimblr.tumblr.com/post/635625015883317248/little-lamb-20-i-finally-updated-my-little

So it will work with CC outfits like @mcrudd's, as you can see above, the default maxis outfits, and also with the Nifty Knitting outfits! The skin tones will not necessarily match what the baby will age up to look like though. There are only 3 skin tones in this overlay I use, as you can see in the link. There is some kind of genetics used to determine which of the 3 skin tones it will use, so it's not totally random. Most of my sims babies seem to get that middle skin tone I guess, looking at these pictures haha. Hope this helps!

3HZCGme.png
    51yqppT.png
    Thanks for sharing @permanentrose :) Your babies are super cute <3 Hope this help you @jms62511 ;)
    @mcrudd @permanentrose Thank you so much for your help! That baby is so beautiful! And thank you so much for sharing your link with me <3 I will download that right away :)
    And thank you @BookBear for referring them to me!
    @mcrudd I would love some of your baby onesies. Do you have a website I can get them from?
    edited February 2021
    jms62511 wrote: »
    @mcrudd I would love some of your baby onesies. Do you have a website I can get them from?

Yay I am so glad you came right @jms62511 :) I have a dedicated thread here on our sims forums where I showcase my little clothes and link to downloads for them. They start from page 2 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960146/baby-outfits/p2

If you want to go to them directly I have a page on TSR here https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/mcrudd

I found that simmers that don't have VIP membership at TSR finds it easier to use the forums links as it goes directly to the outfit they want ;) Then they can bypass all the advertisements while searching through outfits.

Enjoy your little custom skintone babies and new little outfits :) Happy simming <3
    mcrudd wrote: »

Yay I am so glad you came right @jms62511 :) I have a dedicated thread here on our sims forums where I showcase my little clothes and link to downloads for them. They start from page 2 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960146/baby-outfits/p2

If you want to go to them directly I have a page on TSR here https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/mcrudd

I found that simmers that don't have VIP membership at TSR finds it easier to use the forums links as it goes directly to the outfit they want ;) Then they can bypass all the advertisements while searching through outfits.

Enjoy your little custom skintone babies and new little outfits :) Happy simming <3

Thank you so much! I shall enjoy them very much :)
    @mcrudd Something I want to ask: do you require having one outfit in the mods folder only?
    @mcrudd Something I want to ask: do you require having one outfit in the mods folder only?

Yes. You can only have one outfit package at a time. Each package has 3 outfits. Boy, girl and alien. I name them so they are easy identifyable if you want to have a few and change between game loads.

Yes. You can only have one outfit package at a time. Each package has 3 outfits. Boy, girl and alien. I name them so they are easy identifyable if you want to have a few and change between game loads.

Okay got it! I love all of them! I’ve downloaded some from the link @permanentrose has mentioned. If I put yours in the game, will it mess things up?
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @jms62511 You can only have one outfit package at a time in like @mcrudd said. Kind of a bummer that ALL boy babies have to wear the same clothes (same with all aliens and all girls, just the nature of the game). So you would have to take out each outfit package each time you want to try a new one, since only one can work in the game at a time. You can, however, edit the packages on S4S to have just one outfit from that package be in your game. I'm find it hard to explain this well, but basically with editing the package, you can just choose to have the male outfit from one package and delete the alien and girl outfit. Then you can add a different package with just a girl outfit and a third package with just an alien outfit. Am I making any sense haha?

Okay got it! I love all of them! I’ve downloaded some from the link @permanentrose has mentioned. If I put yours in the game, will it mess things up?

If you use the default skintone with my outfits all will be good, but you can't use outfits from there with my outfits, they will conflict.
    You can if you are known with sims4studio edit my packages as @permanentrose mentioned above. I actually did a little tutorial on how to do it on my baby outfits thread. I will put it for you below in a quote so you don't have to search for it. This way you could edit the outfits as you would like them, for eg you could delete alien and girl from one package and then only have boy outfits in that package, which would allow you to have another package that has the deleted boy outfit in your game. So if you really want too you can have three packages, but they must each only have one clothing option, boy, girl or alien. If its too confusing for you, just let me know what combo you would like and I can make one up for you as a request, no problem, since I have all my outfits saved on my computer :)
    Hi there Simmers. I have been contacted by a fellow simmer asking if its possible to remove the alien outfits from my packages because they prefer to have the default alien outfit. So I made a quick small little tutorial to show you guys how to do it. Just incase some other simmers out there would prefer it too <3

jUY9HQK.png
    Here you go. I found it easiest to paste the package on my desktop.
    Open Sims 4 Studio
    Click on My projects
    A pop up will come up, select the outfit by double clicking on it.

aSBz2Cs.png
    The package will then open on S4S
    Select the middle one, the one that starts with 46A2... That is the alien outfit
    click on delete

R6dRDJL.png
    a pop up will come up, click on ok
    It will then delete
    click on save

2Dt931G.png
    a pop up will come up to say its saved. Click on ok and exit S4S
    Your package will now only have the outfit for the boy and girl babies. The alien babies will be maxis default in every way ;)

wfm3k8H.png

I hope that helps you guys out, happy simming <3
  • KennethArteagaKennethArteaga Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I have tried using the Martines' skin and it's not working for me. My baby is born, but it still looking bad. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.