Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wish they had something plan for Mother's Day so we can celebrate the mothers in the game on Mother's Day. Maybe they have something for Mother's Day in their summer line-up.
    And to all the mother's out there. Happy Mother's Day! Hope your Mother's Day celebration is going very nicely! :)
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I wish they had something plan for Mother's Day so we can celebrate the mothers in the game on Mother's Day. Maybe they have something for Mother's Day in their summer line-up.
    And to all the mother's out there. Happy Mother's Day! Hope your Mother's Day celebration is going very nicely! :)

To be fair, Mother's Day seems to be different in different countries, so it's hard to time it to an actual day. We have Mother's Day in March in the UK (so your comment was very confusing). Happy Mother's Day to any mother currently celebrating it though.
    Reedfish wrote: »

To be fair, Mother's Day seems to be different in different countries, so it's hard to time it to an actual day. We have Mother's Day in March in the UK (so your comment was very confusing). Happy Mother's Day to any mother currently celebrating it though.
    True, but with a Mother's Day celebration Pack added to your game. You can celebrate Mother's Day when ever it comes around in your country. On the fact that Packs for this game do not know dates and time. You can even celebrate Mother's Day in the winter or any of the other three seasons in your game with this pack. You can do this by creating your own Mother's Day holiday in your game with this pack. Providing that you have Seasons installed of course. So you don't even have to wait for the holiday to come around in RL in order to celebrate Mother's Day in your game with a Mother's Day celebration pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    1 week left. This will be the longest week.
    You never know CLP, the week just might go by faster than you think. ;)
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

One week left until what?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

One week left until what?

They are going to announce their ''Summer line-up'' on the 17th.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

True, but with a Mother's Day celebration Pack added to your game. You can celebrate Mother's Day when ever it comes around in your country. On the fact that Packs for this game do not know dates and time. You can even celebrate Mother's Day in the winter or any of the other three seasons in your game with this pack. You can do this by creating your own Mother's Day holiday in your game with this pack. Providing that you have Seasons installed of course. So you don't even have to wait for the holiday to come around in RL in order to celebrate Mother's Day in your game with a Mother's Day celebration pack.

This doesn't seem like something for which you really need a new pack, though. I already made a Parents' Day holiday using the Seasons pack. It's on a Sunday in the spring; the kids give their parent(s) flowers and gifts, there's a special holiday meal, some of the families attend services, and they tell stories. I don't know what else you could possibly need to recreate Mother's or Father's Day. I guess you could add carnations to gardening, but (a) I think that's a very specifically American thing, and (b) frankly, carnations are ugly AF. I'd much rather have any number of other flowers... both in-game and IRL. :D
    Amapola76 wrote: »

This doesn't seem like something for which you really need a new pack, though. I already made a Parents' Day holiday using the Seasons pack. It's on a Sunday in the spring; the kids give their parent(s) flowers and gifts, there's a special holiday meal, some of the families attend services, and they tell stories. I don't know what else you could possibly need to recreate Mother's or Father's Day. I guess you could add carnations to gardening, but (a) I think that's a very specifically American thing, and (b) frankly, carnations are ugly AF. I'd much rather have any number of other flowers... both in-game and IRL. :D
    But what about Spooky Day SP? That too doesn't seem like something that you would need a pack for. But they made one for Spooky Day anyways.
    The problem with Parenthood is its missing a lot of Generations gameplay and interactions. It mainly focuses on being a good parent.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

But what about Spooky Day SP? That too doesn't seem like something that you would need a pack for. But they made one for Spooky Day anyways.

The Spooky pack added costumes, gameplay objects like pumpkin carving, etc.

I suppose what I'm asking is, what exactly do you think the game is missing that is a normal part of Mother's Day that could be added in a full stuff pack? I'm not saying there isn't anything, I just can't think of a single thing. But if you have specific ideas, definitely share them!

I suppose what I'm asking is, what exactly do you think the game is missing that is a normal part of Mother's Day that could be added in a full stuff pack? I'm not saying there isn't anything, I just can't think of a single thing. But if you have specific ideas, definitely share them!
    Yes, but still no different from a Mother's Day stuff pack as far as a holiday stuff pack goes. Or a Holiday stuff pack for that matter. And yet they still make holiday stuff packs.

Yes, but still no different from a Mother's Day stuff pack as far as a holiday stuff pack goes. Or a Holiday stuff pack for that matter. And yet they still make holiday stuff packs.

Last year we didn't even get any Christmas Content in December.

Last year we didn't even get any Christmas Content in December.
    I was referring to the Holiday Pack that they had released for Sims 4 a couple of years ago. The down side to holiday packs is once one is released for a particular holiday, that's it. Unless someone gets really creative with holiday decor, wear, food, and so on.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This feels like the longest wait ever for a pack lol. 4 days to go until we (hopefully) get a trailer... Hoping it'll be a quicker release though as I need some new content to get back into the game.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2021
    What does everyone think of this? Apparently this text string leaked in todays patch.

Possible bands or hotels game pack?

Edit: they deleted the tweet :(

Basically it said "Promoting bands is too stressful, trash a hotel room instead"
    Post edited by simmietime on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bands would be great. Werewolves would be great. Faeries would be great. Hotels...

About the only things I wouldn't get excited about are Farming and Zombies. And even farming I could probably find something about it to like enough to go ahead and get it.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    simmietime wrote: »
    What does everyone think of this? Apparently this text string leaked in todays patch.

Possible bands or hotels game pack?

Edit: they deleted the tweet :(

Basically it said "Promoting bands is too stressful, trash a hotel room instead"

They deleted it because it's a string that has been in game for a long time, it's from the Social Media career. No hint at all.

I do hope we get bands and hotels at some point. I wouldn't mind bands coming with the active school GP as an after school activity (like a playable after school activity, similar to organisations in DU).
    edited May 2021
    2 more days till we find out what the Next Gamepack will be!!!!!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    This is the longest wait tbh. Please be worth it lol
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    This is the longest wait tbh. Please be worth it lol

well at least we are almost there
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Tuesday right?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Tuesday right?

Monday. The Kit drops Tuesday.

Hopefully, we'll get a 9am PDT notice of a 1pm PDT live stream that will then go over what's in the kit, and what's coming up for the summer.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if we just get a teaser trailer for the gamepack and a single image road map for the rest of the summer either.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Tuesday right?

Hopefully, we'll get a 9am PDT notice of a 1pm PDT live stream that will then go over what's in the kit, and what's coming up for the summer.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if we just get a teaser trailer for the gamepack and a single image road map for the rest of the summer either.

I'll take almost anything at this point
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Tuesday right?

Oh so the summer line up is monday! Cool! I hope it's a full line up with themes, like they did with rom. Not just one gp, one ep...