Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

This looks amazing actually! It kinda reminds me of my half finished 1920s Egyptian Revival resort that I built in TS3 using World Adventures and Roaring Heights items. I’d love to try and remake/finish it in TS4!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

of course it is it seems like free play always gets the good stuff before we do
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Sadly Freeplay gets better content than Sims 4 but all the microtransactions they put into that mobile game I see why.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sadly Freeplay gets better content than Sims 4 but all the microtransactions they put into that mobile game I see why.

The microtransactions aren't really that micro. Some of them are as expensive as SPs and GPs for PC and there even is one close in price to a EP.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The microtransactions aren't really that micro. Some of them are as expensive as SPs and GPs for PC and there even is one close in price to a EP.

True! They are ridiculously priced but I think thats why they pump out better content over there. Hotels would have been a lot of fun in Sims 4...
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

A bit off topic. I do not care much for hotels yet I'd kill for a saxophone (and more instruments, group performance) in sims 4.

On topic. At the pace things are going now I'm starting to think February patch is just a patch not that pre-pack patch. With free stuff (which is always cool of course) and I really hope more bug fixes.
    I hope it wont end up like last year with a 3 month no pack thing going on
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

It was 4-5 months. I was excited when Tiny Living was announced, thinking we were getting an extra stuff pack. Then nothing from that in January until Eco Living in June.

That Freeplay hotel update looks amazing, especially with the jazz singer, but Freeplay had a French Romance update a year or so ago and that hasn't turned up in the main game yet. On the other hand, didn't they get skiing right before we got Snowy Escape? I'd love to believe we'll get everything that looks cool in Freeplay in Sims 4, but I don't really know if or how the themes link up across games. But an art deco hotel (among other themes) would be cool.
    Reedfish wrote: »

It was 4-5 months. I was excited when Tiny Living was announced, thinking we were getting an extra stuff pack. Then nothing from that in January until Eco Living in June.

That Freeplay hotel update looks amazing, especially with the jazz singer, but Freeplay had a French Romance update a year or so ago and that hasn't turned up in the main game yet. On the other hand, didn't they get skiing right before we got Snowy Escape? I'd love to believe we'll get everything that looks cool in Freeplay in Sims 4, but I don't really know if or how the themes link up across games. But an art deco hotel (among other themes) would be cool.

I agree
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

True! They are ridiculously priced but I think thats why they pump out better content over there. Hotels would have been a lot of fun in Sims 4...

Hopefully we ll get hotels in the Sims 4. They were in a survey.
    well at least we will get the update in about a week
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    So no gamepack for this month, guess probably in first weeks of March, highly doubt they'll release it in April..
    graventhe wrote: »
    So no gamepack for this month, guess probably in first weeks of March, highly doubt they'll release it in April..

well I didn't think they'd put a pack out this month I thought they might announce one though
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2021
    I highly doubt that the upcoming patch has anything to do with a Gamepack at all..

Frosty said on Twitter that they 'postponed' the anniversary thing because they are focusing on Black History Month first.

That was said in reply to someone who asked though. Can't expect transparency on a community wide scale (ofcourse).

No, I think this year will be a carbon copy of the previous one. Nothing until June, because that's probably when the next EP drops.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I highly doubt that the upcoming patch has anything to do with a Gamepack at all..

Frosty said on Twitter that they 'postponed' the anniversary thing because they are focusing on Black History Month first.

That was said in reply to someone who asked though. Can't expect transparency on a community wide scale (ofcourse).

No, I think this year will be a carbon copy of the previous one. Nothing until June, because that's probable when the EP drops.

They we're hiring a voice editor for an expansion pack. The job ad was in december and it had a 3 months lenght...
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2021
    telmarina wrote: »

No, I think this year will be a carbon copy of the previous one. Nothing until June, because that's probable when the EP drops.

They we're hiring a voice editor for an expansion pack. The job ad was in december and it had a 3 months lenght...

That does not mean that they will release the next EP in a matter of weeks. They always claim to have no real pattern, but in reality they do.

Also, if a pack is 'done' they don't have to release it right away.

Nothing is impossible, but 7 years in we should know to not get overhyped, because they will surely never fail to disappoint.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Looking back at this, it seems I was more right than expected about the wait. They seem to really plan to sit on it.

I am not expecting the update to be tied to a pack anymore, though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited February 2021
    hnngngng its okay if its EP and only arrives in June but plz give some fun very elaborately complicated but official hint community can speculate over asap

little grey cells want to party
    not sit in silence
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm hoping the next set of content interests me. Last year I opted out of Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape and this year, Paranormal.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Maybe this time they finally will pay some attention to fix existing packs. I see some room for improvements. Especially in Get Famous, Seasons or Get to Work.
  • jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm hoping the next set of content interests me. Last year I opted out of Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape and this year, Paranormal.

Tiny and Paranormal are good.

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Also, if a pack is 'done' they don't have to release it right away.

According to Graham, GPs and EPs are shipped as soon as they’re finished.
    I should reiterate that Stuff Packs are the only type of pack we do this with - Game Packs and Expansion Packs are scheduled such that they ship soon after they're finished.

Release dates are scheduled very far in advance. They literally have a team of development directors whose sole job is scheduling and managing each employee’s schedule. They would never magically finish a pack months ahead of schedule.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png

No, I think this year will be a carbon copy of the previous one. Nothing until June, because that's probably when the next EP drops.

I was confused why they would create something for an anniversary, and then not release it on the anniversary, just an oddly significant (21 days, to go with 21 CC creators, and the 21st anniversary) amount of time later. But I guess that explains it. I really thought it was all falling into place, but I guess not. I've said this elsewhere - it would be nice to know what to even expect from the devs at this point, even just the number of packs in a year. But we don't. I guess it doesn't matter to them, as long as people still buy the packs when they do release them. Back to waiting.
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Maybe this time they finally will pay some attention to fix existing packs. I see some room for improvements. Especially in Get Famous, Seasons or Get to Work.

There has always been room, and almost never improvements. I wouldn't get your hopes up.