Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I don’t mean to set the cat amongst the pigeons but I don’t think trailers usually release on a Wednesday they usually realise on a Tuesday with the teaser on the Monday.

Eco Living's trailer released on a Wednesday, with the trailer on Tuesday. I just double-checked it.

Ok my apologies I thought it was released on a Tuesday usually most packs are. I think if there is a gamepack it will now be mentioned this week or next. The issue I have is I don’t know when the USA Monday bank holidays are and someone has mentioned today is a bank holiday so I have no idea someone when a pack will be announced.

Next week the Patch is out so it should probably be announced this week.
    Hopefully we get the teaser Today. Cross your fingers.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hopefully we get the teaser Today. Cross your fingers.

Really hope so. Otherwise we may have to wait till June until the next pack. I HATE long gaps between releases.

Got nothing else to do at home with this covid thing lol

No teaser Today. They could tease Tomorrow and announce on Tuesday.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    No teaser Today. They could tease Tomorrow and announce on Tuesday.

While unlikely, it is only 8:30am in California right now. There's a lot more day left (and I thought they went up closer to 10Am California time)
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I'm at a point today where I don't think we'll get a game pack anymore... The patch next week will be just a cute surprise. :/:/
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    mrkingv wrote: »
    I'm at a point today where I don't think we'll get a game pack anymore... The patch next week will be just a cute surprise. :/:/

This.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, it doesnt seem like the next patch is a pre pack patch at this point. They most likely dont wanna show all their cards at once, so they dont overshadow each other like some other poster said.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I would take a bizarre 'roadmap' image to analyse at this point.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Unless the next gamepack will be in March and this upcoming patch is a specific one for whichever gamechangers have worked on. Has any gamepacks been released in March before?
    Unless the next gamepack will be in March and this upcoming patch is a specific one for whichever gamechangers have worked on. Has any gamepacks been released in March before?

Apparently the Get To Work expansion was released in March 2015, which surprises me. No game packs have been as far as I can see, but plenty have released in February and we did just get Paranormal, so to slip a few days into early March really wouldn't surprise me. Honestly the main reason I was expecting a pack around now is because I think romance is coming, and around Valentine's Day would be a good time to announce or release that. But nothing's ever actually been promised or hinted at. Possibly I'm just going to be disappointed again.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    They did announce another patch in late March. That’s probably the last chance for a game pack. Otherwise this year could very well be a repeat of last year (January SP and June EP with nothing in between).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    They did announce another patch in late March. That’s probably the last chance for a game pack. Otherwise this year could very well be a repeat of last year (January SP and June EP with nothing in between).

I know there's a lot of complaints about the Sims 4 nowadays, at least on the forums, but at the moment I'm not even sure whether to expect content from them, and that sort of sucks.

There's still time in the day for them to tease it late, for a trailer tomorrow, or to tease it tomorrow and do a trailer next week, but it's not looking good at this point. Went to the Sims twitter to see if there'd been any announcements, and just got a tweet about pancake day, asakdjaskl.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited February 2021
    Apparently the Get To Work expansion was released in March 2015, which surprises me.

Now think about it, maybe they will surprise us and this will happen again this year? There was a job listing in December for a voice editor helping them ship the next expansion.

Capture.png

Last year a similar listing was posted at the end of February and Eco Lifestyle was released in early June (so a bit over 3 months)

Capture.png

This means an EP could come as soon as late March, since it would be more than 3 months from the job posting by then. We were all hoping for a game pack but what if a new EP is coming in this quarter instead? 🤔

In the last two years of TS3 they had 3 EPs a year (for example in 2013 they released University Life in March, Island Paradise in June, and Into the Future in October). The same thing could happen to TS4 too.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would take a bizarre 'roadmap' image to analyse at this point.

Yes, please. It's so cool to read all the crazy things we think of 😅
    Apparently the Get To Work expansion was released in March 2015, which surprises me.

Now think about it, maybe they will surprise us and this will happen again this year? There was a job listing in December for a voice editor helping them ship the next expansion.

Capture.png

Last year a similar listing was posted at the end of February and Eco Lifestyle was released in early June (so a bit over 3 months)

Capture.png

This means an EP could come as soon as late March, since it would be more than 3 months from the job posting by then. We were all hoping for a game pack but what if a new EP is coming in this quarter instead? 🤔

In the last two years of TS3 they had 3 EPs a year (for example in 2013 they released University Life in March, Island Paradise in June, and Into the Future in October). The same thing could happen to TS4 too.

Ohhhh 🤓🤓 this looks sooooo good!!
    But... if it is an expansion pack, do you think
    the romance theme makes sense...?

Most of the eps we have are fan favourites (pets, university, city living, tropical living, fame, seasons, vacation in winter destination, active jobs...).
    But we also had 2 innovative ones: get together and eco lifestyle...

What do you think it could be?
    A mix of farms with historical play maybe?
    Something out of the box?
    telmarina wrote: »

Most of the eps we have are fan favourites (pets, university, city living, tropical living, fame, seasons, vacation in winter destination, active jobs...).

If it's an EP it will probably be Generations.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021

Maxis have said that they are divided into three larger teams I think, I wonder if there is some way to find out which team that makes the next pack. I have noticed that some packs feel more focused on innovation than others. It's probably not the same team that made Snowy Escape, and it's definitely not the same team that made Paranormal which means that it could be the same team that made...Journey to Batuu...

And I guess that pack was pretty innovative...in a sense, so maybe this pack will be innovative as well.

Or, they listened to the feedback from Journey to Batuu and decided to play it safe with this one. So maybe it will be a pretty standard Generations or Romance pack.
    edited February 2021
    logion wrote: »

Maxis have said that they are divided into three larger teams I think, I wonder if there is some way to find out which team that makes the next pack. I have noticed that some packs feel more focused on innovation than others. It's probably not the same team that made Snowy Escape, and it's definitely not the same team that made Paranormal which means that it could be the same team that made...Journey to Batuu...

And I guess that pack was pretty innovative...in a sense, so maybe this pack will be innovative as well.

Or, they listened to the feedback from Journey to Batuu and decided to play it safe with this one. So maybe it will be a pretty standard Generations or Romance pack.

I think JtB had it's own restrictions because of disney. I don't think, or at least hope, that we won't get something so restricted again.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Lol jtb was released last September. Packs aren’t made that fast, the talk for generations and romance was heightened recently. They don’t work that fast, look how long it’s taking for them to fix the afro.
    I’m surprised they haven’t made the farming pack though, that had lots of talk in the past and they know. Guess we’ll find out
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member

If it's an EP it will probably be Generations.

I really hope we get a generations pack this year!
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member

Lol jtb was released last September. Packs aren’t made that fast, the talk for generations and romance was heightened recently. They don’t work that fast, look how long it’s taking for them to fix the afro.
    I’m surprised they haven’t made the farming pack though, that had lots of talk in the past and they know. Guess we’ll find out

People have been asking for romance and generations for years. Not just in the last few months.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24

Capture.png

Capture.png

I remember that job listing, and wondered about it for romance, I just wasn't sure if that made sense with their quarterly revenue, to release another EP before the end of the 2020 tax year. But then, they missed a game pack last year, so maybe they wouldn't mind something to top things up. If the next pack is romance I would hope it was an expansion, just because they could put so much into it, and I think they would have enough content for an EP especially if they added a new world, and paired it up with other things - bear in mind that Snowy Escape wasn't just about snow sports, they added zen gardens and mindfulness and Japanese culture as well. I feel like they've been hinting at France lately, which would work with romance - although I think it would be a good setting for a farming/food pack too - and if they decided to pair romance with Paris and went in on the cultural side of that setting as well, adding in some new crafts so you could give your LI a handmade gift, or expanded museums and crime, so you could run a gallery or rob one (which would fit romance with a Bonnie-and-Clyde type vibe as well) - then I think they'd definitely have enough to fill an EP. It's all just speculation at this point though - although I do feel like they've been hinting at crime, art, and food lately. But all we can do is speculate when they keep schtum. The good news is, if it is a EP and due in March, they generally announce those a month ahead of release, so we ought to hear about it pretty soon. If it's not, well...back to scouring forums.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021

Ah well, you are probably right. It was worth a try. It's difficult to speculate about this because they probably have way longer development times for different packs. Right now they are probably in the planning stages for the packs for 2022...

But yeah, they have been pretty quiet about what they would like to make next.