Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t mean to set the cat amongst the pigeons but I don’t think trailers usually release on a Wednesday they usually realise on a Tuesday with the teaser on the Monday.

Eco Living's trailer released on a Wednesday, with the trailer on Tuesday. I just double-checked it.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I don’t mean to set the cat amongst the pigeons but I don’t think trailers usually release on a Wednesday they usually realise on a Tuesday with the teaser on the Monday.

Eco Living's trailer released on a Wednesday, with the trailer on Tuesday. I just double-checked it.

Expansions don’t count as they release EPs on Fridays. It’s a different schedule from GPs/SPs which are released on Tuesdays.

No teaser on Monday means it’s unlikely that they’re making an announcement this week.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I go with the romantic GP.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited February 2021

If it's a romance pack, next Monday would be the best time to tease it, since it'll be the day after Valentine's Day.
  • Options

If it's a romance pack, next Monday would be the best time to tease it, since it'll be the day after Valentine's Day.

Totally agree. I was only saying above I don't think it's impossible they'll do it this week. But if it's romance, which I'm guessing it is, I'd actually expect the teaser on Valentine's Day, honestly, and the trailer the following day. I'm sure there's a lot of technical, financial stuff about Maxis I don't understand, but honestly I think they can do what they want. And they love theming packs around a time of year.
  • Options
    They actually released a quarterly teaser on a Sunday once (Oct-Dec 2016), so a Sunday teaser isn't impossible.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    Based on last releases, I don't see them announcing it this week. They seem now to tease a pack, at least GPs, one week or two prior to release. Sooo if the patch is on 25th, I think the trailer comes out next week or maybe even the patch week. :|
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mrkingv wrote: »
    Based on last releases, I don't see them announcing it this week. They seem now to tease a pack, at least GPs, one week or two prior to release. Sooo if the patch is on 25th, I think the trailer comes out next week or maybe even the patch week. :|

Nothing this week for sure. There was no teaser again Today so next week is looking more likely.
  • Options
    Just thought of something and this probably won't happen but with Paranormal SP they dropped the Teaser on Wednesday and had the full trailer and announcement on Tuesday the following week. What if they do that Tomorrow with the Next GP? SimGuruLydnsney did say they were going to be more transparent.
  • Options
    NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    Why do you guys think the next pack is romance? This is just my opinion I don’t think it will be for one most likely the next pack is a game pack and I don’t see them doing a romance pack as a GP it’s going to be an expansion pack I can see the next pack being something related to childhood/school with a better baby being patched in later this month preparing for a March release. Going to back to the niffy knitting trailer we got snowy escape but what we haven’t going we’re the other bubbles that the elderly woman was reminiscing about what do you guys think?
  • Options
    Nicolea wrote: »
    Why do you guys think the next pack is romance? This is just my opinion I don’t think it will be for one most likely the next pack is a game pack and I don’t see them doing a romance pack as a GP it’s going to be an expansion pack I can see the next pack being something related to childhood/school with a better baby being patched in later this month preparing for a March release. Going to back to the niffy knitting trailer we got snowy escape but what we haven’t going we’re the other bubbles that the elderly woman was reminiscing about what do you guys think?

Next Gamepack could also be Resorts and Hotels.
  • Options
    Nicolea wrote: »

I feel like they've been hinting at romance for years, since putting Love Day on the calendar in Seasons but not holidays like Easter or Halloween (despite containing all the traditions you need for those holidays). And having special clothing for Love Day in that pack as well, even though there really isn't any 'traditional' outfit for Valentine's Day. I just think romance is definitely coming, and has been coming for a while, and in Snowy Escape there were a lot of references to romance in the item descriptions - countertops that mentioned relationships and break-ups, lots of references to snuggling with a 'significant other' in chairs, a two-part saga of a chair and rug having a Bonnie and Clyde type relationship. And in Paranormal there were even more, which I listed in a thread elsewhere - Guidry being a 'beloved flirt' and 'serial romantic', and lots of descriptions of his romantic furniture, and then a random reference to a separate couch that apparently followed its owner around beyond the grave, with 'now that's true love' being the final line in the item description. So I just think romance is coming, and with there being so many references lately, I just think that means it's coming soon. And having a romance pack coming out around Valentine's Day would fit for them - they love to theme packs with times of the year (Island Living in summer, Snowy Escape in the winter, etc).

I would like to see Romance be an expansion pack really, but I think a game pack would also work. They fit plenty of content into Jungle Adventures, for example, and there's a fair amount of romance gameplay already in the game, so they just need to add to that. To be honest, I have a wild crazy thought that it might be coming next and be an expansion pack - if they really wanted it to fit Valentine's Day, it doesn't seem impossible to me that they'd just shift their release schedule around a little bit, as long as they still have the same amount of game packs and expansion packs coming out in the year. But that's probably not going to happen. But the only difference between a game pack and an expansion pack really is the amount of content they put in - a lot of people would like to see schools, like you mention, be an expansion pack rather than a game pack, or be part of a wider Generations expansion pack. So I don't think there's much point trying to guess what will be the next theme based on whether we think it'll be a game pack or an expansion pack, personally. I think it's the right time of year for a romance pack, and I think they've been hinting a lot at a romance pack lately. ::shrugs::
  • Options
    I hope we get a Gamepack Teaser Today or Tomorrow.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    If we're getting a GP this week then the teaser should be dropped today since it's Monday..

Finger crossed for pack info to be leaked from origin..
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    p_p i want to know EA
    give me the announcement at least pretty pls
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    If we're getting a GP this week then the teaser should be dropped today since it's Monday..

Paranormal was teased on Wednesday and the trailer didn't release until the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Next year.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Today is a holiday, pretty sure they’re off
  • Options

askdljnkaslfhnkjlas
  • Options

Origin leaks for Stuff Packs/Game Packs are very unlikely, as they don’t go on sale until the release day. I’m pretty sure only Jungle Adventure and Paranormal Stuff had info leaked by Origin.

And yes everything is usually pushed back by one day when Monday is a holiday. StrangerVille for example was teased on Tuesday & announced on Wednesday because Monday was Presidents Day.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

Yes President's Day I forgot. Nothing Today.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Yes President's Day I forgot. Nothing Today.
    Well that's OK! I'll make sure they'll show us the teaser, cause I totally need a game pack this time
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

Ok my apologies I thought it was released on a Tuesday usually most packs are. I think if there is a gamepack it will now be mentioned this week or next. The issue I have is I don’t know when the USA Monday bank holidays are and someone has mentioned today is a bank holiday so I have no idea someone when a pack will be announced.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Ok my apologies I thought it was released on a Tuesday usually most packs are. I think if there is a gamepack it will now be mentioned this week or next. The issue I have is I don’t know when the USA Monday bank holidays are and someone has mentioned today is a bank holiday so I have no idea someone when a pack will be announced.

If they're going to tease a new pack this week, likely teaser tomorrow (Tuesday) and trailer Wednesday.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

If they're going to tease a new pack this week, likely teaser tomorrow (Tuesday) and trailer Wednesday.

that would be so nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please