Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia - An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story (Rebooted)

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Royal Decrees (1.27)

Good news for the tribe!
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Good news indeed! It's cute that Marcella is so excited for Gorgophone to come live with them, but then again, children just love smaller children. I don't know, it seems to be some law of nature :joy:
    Well, it isn't a surprise that Anikka will be a scholar. She has shown all the interests already. However, I'm glad that Molpe promised to find her a final project and that Anikka has something she is passionate about. She's right, the first scholar will be just as important as the first queen (almost). Future generations will refer to her and her work.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney

I'm really excited for Anikka to become the first scholar, to be honest! I'll be able to refer back to her work way, way down the line, and I think also that it gives her a very important role. Otherwise, she would simply have been a princess who wasn't an heiress, sat off to the side. Thanks for reading!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

I think you'd like Circe. It was enjoyable and well written, with good characters. I enjoyed reading Ariadne as well. I think books like that are different from some of the other books I've read before. I love The Firebrand and always will, but MZB went into it with the same persistence as she did the Mists of Avalon and really leaned heavily on the Man=BAD trope (... I mean, she's not exactly wrong, but ...) I liked how Ariadne was written, it really made me feel more connected towards the protagonist rather than want to smack her every so often like I wanted to do with Kassandra.

I'll definitely give it a go. I really liked how it was blatantly made clear that it was society/the gods' tendencies at fault, and that Dionysus could empathise with that due to his mother.

Everything is always the gods' fault. :D especially Zeus. One of my favorite memes is that one of the two books. The big fat one that's titled "Greek Mythology" and the little tiny thin one titled "Greek Mythology without Zeus' [using romance as a substitute for another word] Life"

Have you read any of Rick Riordan's books? I like how he started with Greek Mythology, moved into Egyptian Mythology and then Roman Mythology and is now roaming around Norse Mythology last I heard, and how it's all connected in one single world.

Hurrah for more story. May Molpe finally get her heiress.

(*goes back to writing* ... dude, I've got a prologue and a chapter and a half)
    Baby Steps (1.28)

Gorgophone arrives at the Provider's hut.
    Everything is always the gods' fault. :D especially Zeus. One of my favorite memes is that one of the two books. The big fat one that's titled "Greek Mythology" and the little tiny thin one titled "Greek Mythology without Zeus' [using romance as a substitute for another word] Life"

Have you read any of Rick Riordan's books? I like how he started with Greek Mythology, moved into Egyptian Mythology and then Roman Mythology and is now roaming around Norse Mythology last I heard, and how it's all connected in one single world.

I read a lot of Rick Riordan, and I love the Magnus Chase books! I really like the Trials of Apollo too, and he's recently done a story about Captain Nemo's descendant that I'm thinking of buying. Who's your favourite character from the books?

I read a lot of Rick Riordan, and I love the Magnus Chase books! I really like the Trials of Apollo too, and he's recently done a story about Captain Nemo's descendant that I'm thinking of buying. Who's your favourite character from the books?

That's like asking people who their favorite child is. :D I love them all. Well, almost. I wasn't terribly fond of the Kane siblings.

If you held my feet to the fire though, I'd probably say Hazel ... because ponies!

That's like asking people who their favorite child is. :D I love them all. Well, almost. I wasn't terribly fond of the Kane siblings.

If you held my feet to the fire though, I'd probably say Hazel ... because ponies!

Hazel was amazing! I also really like Piper, she's a lot of fun. I loved her reaction to the Aphrodite cabin, and the way she dealt with the mean girl leader (Drew, I think?)

Timandra (1.29)

Two new arrivals come to the tribe.

Hazel was amazing! I also really like Piper, she's a lot of fun. I loved her reaction to the Aphrodite cabin, and the way she dealt with the mean girl leader (Drew, I think?)

And I liked how Drew showed up in the Kane Chronicles too. He's got them all interwoven together you kind of have to wonder why the Greek Gods didn't step in when the Norse Gods were having issues and vice versa or the Egyptian Gods didn't get involved either. Unless there are Rules That MUST Be Followed Or ELSE! And the unmet Mesopotamian Gods or Hindu Gods are the ones regulating all that. The Annual Godly Convention in Riordan's world must be fun though.

Awwwh, shucks. Another boy, huh? Buck up there, Molpe. You'll get the girl. At some point. Just pick your next sacrifice... err, baby daddy.

And I liked how Drew showed up in the Kane Chronicles too. He's got them all interwoven together you kind of have to wonder why the Greek Gods didn't step in when the Norse Gods were having issues and vice versa or the Egyptian Gods didn't get involved either. Unless there are Rules That MUST Be Followed Or ELSE! And the unmet Mesopotamian Gods or Hindu Gods are the ones regulating all that. The Annual Godly Convention in Riordan's world must be fun though.

Awwwh, shucks. Another boy, huh? Buck up there, Molpe. You'll get the girl. At some point. Just pick your next sacrifice... err, baby daddy.

I think the idea of a Godly Convention is quite a fun one, except for perhaps the gods like Hera/Juno who have to switch their aspects! I did enjoy her role in the Roman books quite a bit.

Yep, Molpe will have to pick another, ahem, willing participant quite soon. The only question is, who?
    Handmaiden (1.30)

Marcella's life changes.
    Princess Anikka of Hesperia (1.31)

Anikka is older, and has been training to be a Scholar.
    To Be Nobody (1.32)

We read from Odysseus' point of view.
    Elsewhere, Again (1.33)

Some older characters return.
    Troubled Waters (1.34)

Molpe's thoughts catch up to her.
    The Last Link (1.35)

Molpe summons Timandra to ask for her advice on the situation.
    The Hidden Moon (1.36)

Timandra counsels Molpe about her worries.
    Just got all caught up. Was out of town for the Star Wars convention on Saturday and was wiped out like whoa on Sunday (so much walking)

Wondered if Pallas was going to be the next one. G'luck to Molpe.
    Just got all caught up. Was out of town for the Star Wars convention on Saturday and was wiped out like whoa on Sunday (so much walking)

Wondered if Pallas was going to be the next one. G'luck to Molpe.

I hope you had a great time at the convention! Updates are going to stop for a couple of days due to being pretty busy myself. I'm sorry to see Pallas go myself, also, as he's been around not just since the start of this game, but in the previous two where I tried to run this. It's the first time he's ever had to go.
    I just got caught up. I've been enjoying it so far! :)

Glad you've enjoyed reading along!
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    1.28 Aw man, poor Gorgophone. It must be confusing to be thrown into an unknown situation with so many unknown people, and your mother isn't there. I hope she adjusts soon and can find friends. On top of that, I'm super excited to see the children all grown! I wonder what they'll look like
    1.29 Timandra is beautiful! What an addition to the tribe. I just laughed at the "I would like to join you and pray for you but also, I'd rather be on my own" :joy:
    1.30 I guess this is the ancient version of "BFFs forever" :smile:
    1.31 I find it a bit hard that Molpe thinks Anikka wouldn't be able to write a book. Why? Because nothing has happened to the tribe yet? I am sure Anikka, as a scholar, can think of something to describe those first days of Hesperia. There's always the chance to weave the Goddess into it :grimace:
    1.32 Lol for Icarius and Diana having matching clothing/hair colors :joy:
    1.33 Poor Odysseus! No one is paying attention to him. He's old enough to care for himself (largely) and the other ones need an education, after all. If he hadn't been the queen's son, he would have to help already, I think. This way, he might still have a little more time at hand to play and a little more freedom.
    1.34 So... I guess this must be Diana's sister. The one who's left to bear all the weight on her shoulders her two (?) sisters left her with.
    1.35 Goodness gracious, Timandra does speak like a priestess. Smart to insist that she isn't a seer, though, that only brings bad luck. You can never be wrong. In any case, she chose her words wisely, even securing herself for the case that this child will indeed be another boy. We shouldn't underestimate her.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    1.28 Aw man, poor Gorgophone. It must be confusing to be thrown into an unknown situation with so many unknown people, and your mother isn't there. I hope she adjusts soon and can find friends. On top of that, I'm super excited to see the children all grown! I wonder what they'll look like
    1.29 Timandra is beautiful! What an addition to the tribe. I just laughed at the "I would like to join you and pray for you but also, I'd rather be on my own" :joy:
    1.30 I guess this is the ancient version of "BFFs forever" :smile:
    1.31 I find it a bit hard that Molpe thinks Anikka wouldn't be able to write a book. Why? Because nothing has happened to the tribe yet? I am sure Anikka, as a scholar, can think of something to describe those first days of Hesperia. There's always the chance to weave the Goddess into it :grimace:
    1.32 Lol for Icarius and Diana having matching clothing/hair colors :joy:
    1.33 Poor Odysseus! No one is paying attention to him. He's old enough to care for himself (largely) and the other ones need an education, after all. If he hadn't been the queen's son, he would have to help already, I think. This way, he might still have a little more time at hand to play and a little more freedom.
    1.34 So... I guess this must be Diana's sister. The one who's left to bear all the weight on her shoulders her two (?) sisters left her with.
    1.35 Goodness gracious, Timandra does speak like a priestess. Smart to insist that she isn't a seer, though, that only brings bad luck. You can never be wrong. In any case, she chose her words wisely, even securing herself for the case that this child will indeed be another boy. We shouldn't underestimate her.

I'm so glad you're back, and that you enjoyed the chapters! I'm working on some more stuff for the time being, and we're soon to be back on our regular upload schedule (which means I'll be putting the time in today to work that out) but first, I'll respond to all these lovely insightful comments!

1.28 - I'm also excited to see what the kids will look like as they age! Due to how I've played this, we're going to have a large-ish tribe, and so the next generation will be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure exactly what will count as the 'next' generation and what will count as part of this, but I suppose we'll see on that front. But yes, Gorgophone will be having a rough time for a little while.
    1.29 - Timandra is a Sim I'm particularly proud of, honestly. The CC really just looks so beautiful on her, and I knew the sort of personality I wanted her to have - more on that later.
    1.30 - Yes, exactly! I really adore the friendship between Anikka and Marcella, and how it's grown between them. I intend for the two of them to remain close!
    1.31 - Anikka in her own time is compiling enough for books etc, and her research will be invaluable to future Scholars. However, Molpe does indeed think that a book isn't possible because of how short the history of the tribe is currently. I have it in my mind that Anikka will write books anyway, and partially it's also because Molpe is worried that she won't be able to bear a daughter. It's a little bit of an excuse for her, to be honest.
    1.32 - I was gobsmacked by how much Icarius even as a toddler looks like his father! Yes, he matches Diana's red colour scheme. And yes, Odysseus and Icarius as the queen's sons will be treated slightly differently, but I'll go into that later. I actually am pretty torn on how that should really work myself, but Odysseus is already feeling the weight of being treated differently.
    1.33 - Wilhelmina's sisters have left a lot of weight on her shoulders, indeed. It's hard for her, because she does truly love Alexander, but this was also a political alliance for both families, and she is now the only viable heir to her mother's kingdom, which most people view as the Goethes trying to expand their lands and power.
    1.35 - Timandra has been taught many things as a priestess, and one of those is how to speak properly. Claiming to know what the Goddess will do is a dangerous game, and not in the job description at all. She's an interesting character and I enjoy writing her - and yes, she shouldn't be underestimated.

Oh yay! I’ll have to read.

I’m sooooo torn. I want to write more, but now I’m half unsure if I want to wait and see what the game pack’s world looks like because it might be total wilderness.

But I have a plot and characters and am trying to do things a bit differently this go around.