Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Tips & Tricks!

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
I know it can be super easy to get stuck building the same sort of house again and again, or wanting to try something new and not being sure how to do it.

Or maybe you discovered something super cool that you love to put in all your builds and want to share it with other simmers.

So... what are your best building tips and tricks?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    If you build your second floor one size taller than normal, you can raise the floor four increments and be left with the same space inside as the original height, but allows more room for porch roof pitching without obscuring windows.

k0zljNl.png
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2021
    If you enable free placement and bb.moveobjects on cheat, then you can place (and size down if you want) the basic round plant pot inside or on a deck. Then, size down and place larger outdoor trees and/or plants in the plant pot to have a wider range of plants and decorations in your builds!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Using the MOO cheat and resizing cheats, you can make some cool photo collages to add some personalized decor to your sims home.
    ejGJSOx.png

If building a tiny home, you have to be creative if you're not trying to raise the tile count, so I like using creative objects, like windows, to build a "fence" for a porch.
    pNynPRo.jpg

Also if you use the bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects cheats, you can find a ton of cool free items!
    Hanging garden made out of debug items
    J4vAWmL.png

A handful of outdoor live edit objects I stumbled upon
    LRHo2Hk.jpg
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2021
    Also if you use the bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects cheats, you can find a ton of cool free items!

Another thing I’ve found in debug mode is free invisible ceiling lights that come in loads of different shapes and sizes - they are great to use in bigger builds so you don’t end up spending lots of money on lighting or waste time having to size every single light down to fit well.