Sul sul Simmers! Join the celebration and tune into our Twitch live stream today, Feb 25th, @11 AM PT / 7 PM UTC! 🎉
Feburary 25: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
February 26 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Should players be able to adjust the size of the properties, instead of having preset sizes?

What do you guys think?

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 95 Member
    Depends largely on how the neighborhoods are laid out. In a lot of places, there's plenty of room to stretch the edges of a property plot in order to create buildable area, but in others (Newcrest comes to mind), they're already packed in fairly closely and there's no room to move or resize them even if you wanted to.

Nooooooow, if EA brought back the system in Sims 2 where you could have naught but a road layout and decide for yourself how many and how large the plots you wanted (either with blank plots to build on or, if you're not the builder type, with Maxis premade and Gallery-supported lots), then what you'd have there is a strong selling point if they made that part of the focused feature list in Sims 5.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,369 Member
    Yes. Period.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,733 Member
    YES. I'd want to have the sim I control have the option to have the largest plot of land in town...as well as adding to the land by buying up lots around it...to add to the square footage of the lot and increase the size of his property.
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 3,128 Member
    Yes, but first we need properties to adjust. I have more buildable lots in Pleasantview than I do in all of TS4. I also have lots that have yards available, not ones where the house hogs the entire lot space.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 9 New Member
    In a future Sims game? Yeah, I would love to see something like that added! Anything that could help us personalize the worlds/towns/neighborhoods more is always welcome in my book! Imagine dragging a property line closer to the water for a private beach. Or dragging it closer to the road so there's no awkward space between the lot and the road.

In Sims 2 and Sims 3, I had a mostly positive experience with the world building. I liked that we could place lots anywhere and decide what type of landmarks we would like in the town. But...there has been a handful of times where stretching the lots would've been useful. (I mean, really, placing a lot in the Sims 3 can be soooooo finicky sometimes!) And with world building basically non-existent in the Sims 4, it would be cool to see the next game step it up with a never before seen feature like that!