Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlights February 5 - A Week on the Sims Forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

And welcome to our first Friday Highlights in February! :)

This week, we have been celebrating the birthday of our favourite franchise - The Sims is 21!!! 🎉
And in honour of Black History Month, we have also been recognising and highlighting Black Simmers. Why don't you check out the Twitch live streams scheduled over the next few weeks and join the fun? 🖤

Alrighty, and now let's get to the Highlights!

dxbsjski0gna.png
This lovely screenshot by @Sepia features a sweet daughter-and-dad moment and ice cream - need I say more?? You can find it here.

And these are this week's thread choices:
  • Since the release of the last Stuff Pack is still pretty fresh, let's keep the spirits for a bit longer (ha, see what I did there?) and kick things off which a nice "Paranormal picture thread"! This one was started by @alanmichael1 and it's a lovely place to share your favourite paranormal or spooky screenshots. 👻
  • Okay, okay, I know that pre-mades don't usually get a lot of love. But maybe 2021 is the year where we should start changing that a bit! Having said this, @purplexbutterfly asks "Which pre-made is your Sim dating?" and I think we should absolutely talk about this. ;)
  • I, personally, love me a nice bit of kaching in my games so I use money cheats, more than I'd like to admit. What about you, "Money cheat. Yay or nay?" Vote in @NRowe's poll and share your thoughts on this topic! 💰
  • After all the gameplay and poll highlights, it's time for some building, right? So, why don't you pop over to @SarahTheRed's thread "SarahLaCroix's Gallery Showcase" and check out those lovely creations? (Congratulations, by the way! :heart:)
  • And last but not least, something light-hearted! If you are in the mood for something entertaining, then maybe @Charlottesmom's thread "Goofy, Funny, Happy, etc...Sim Expressions" is exactly what you need today. :smiley:
  • And a bonus shout-out goes to @DeanXeL's thread "DeanXeL's basegame builds", again, due to the linking issue last week. :relieved:

I hope you find today's Highlights entertaining and enjoyed the picks. You know by now how this works - if you have any recommendations for future Friday Highlights, please send them on!

Have a fantastic weekend and take care! :heart:

- Leeloo

Comments

• PandaCutiePandaCutie Posts: 2 New Member
    Where would go to reccomend an idea? Is this possible? I make a lot of houses in the sims. I don't know if others would find this interesting but say that you put a wall down but you dont want to put a whole wall down. Instead make an indent as a part of the window or door! Like make a half wall and I don't mean horizontal walls; I'm talking about a vertical half wall! I play on console and i honestly can't type a whole bunch of cheats in. Its the only thing i have to enjoy the sims. Anyways thank you to whoever reads this. I would like to recommend this as a new update. Is it possible?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    PandaCutie wrote: »
    Where would go to reccomend an idea? Is this possible? I make a lot of houses in the sims. I don't know if others would find this interesting but say that you put a wall down but you dont want to put a whole wall down. Instead make an indent as a part of the window or door! Like make a half wall and I don't mean horizontal walls; I'm talking about a vertical half wall! I play on console and i honestly can't type a whole bunch of cheats in. Its the only thing i have to enjoy the sims. Anyways thank you to whoever reads this. I would like to recommend this as a new update. Is it possible?

@PandaCutie, you can post over in The Sims 4 Feedback section. I've provided a link for you but being a new member, you can't start new threads until you have reached 25 points, 15 posts and have an account that's 24 hours old to do so... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    PandaCutie wrote: »

We have a PC version of this, but it might have been one of the features that has not been ported over to console yet. Also, the game does treat half-walls like full walls, though half-walls are what show up in game. It also seems to be difficult to put in a single wall without adjoining walls because the game complains about the room being incomplete and gets stubborn about letting it go in. However, even a half wall would have to be TALL enough to put a window in it, plus the space at the top would tend to make a window redundant. A "door" on the other hand would seem to be more like a gate. The game, by the way, treats fences like walls too.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I want cars back, or at minimum, bus stops (or buses, cabs, and trolleys) and subway stations that Sims disappear into. It turns me off seeing Sims disappear in midair while I am watching them walk off. This goes for elevators too: couldn't our Sims wait to disappear until at least the elevator doors close? I miss carpools too. At least bicycles are a good start.

I also miss the custom art, wall, rugs, and floors tools we used to have for Sims 1. They were separate programs. At least Sims 4 studio (sims4studio.com) does a good job of replacing the functionality those tools did. Plus, batch fixes for custom content make it a necessity for me after most patch updates.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Congrats @DeanXeL on being mentioned!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    Could you please showcase a Sims 2 thread next week? I only play The Sims 2 right now, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Sims 2 thread highlighted. It’s usually mostly Sims 4 with one Sims 3/Sims franchise thread.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Thanks again for sharing all these wonderful threads with us @EA_Leeloo
  • BraveCESIE_1324BraveCESIE_1324 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi from the Philippines 😊
  • HollyEttaHollyEtta Posts: 2 New Member
    I want different named grapevines to plant, for Nectar; the one activity that was worth working on The Sims 3.. A saleable product,
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    HollyEtta wrote: »
    I want different named grapevines to plant, for Nectar; the one activity that was worth working on The Sims 3.. A saleable product,

You'd better post this in the Sims 4 ideas corner.
  • simmervibes4simmervibes4 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys! I cannot see any of my sims 4 DLCS that I downloaded. Today I downloaded some mods and CC for my sims game. I made my sims 4 person I could not see the cold weather or hot weather option (yes I do have seasons.) If I go to my packs they are all there, but If I go in CAS they are not. Please help! o:)