Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brave trait

I have a spellcaster. Level 5 medium and a paranormal investigator. She has over 8000 satisfaction points and I am trying to buy her the brave trait but it's greyed out. She doesn't have it yet so that isn't the problem.
I am wondering if it conflicts with other traits and that's why she can't get it. The only trait I can think of that she has would be the squeamish trait. Which I guess to some extent would or could make sense. If that's the case this is going to make living in a haunted house and doing investigations much more difficult. She's terrified most of the time.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I have a paranoid sim who's living in a haunted house right now.

Should be easy to imagine how that's going for her LOL
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Lol and for that reason I didn't give this sim the paranoid trait. I want to ease into that level of chaos slowly.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Just type:
    Traits.Equip_Trait Brave

That should give your sim the Brave trait.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited February 2021
    My squeamish sim can't buy brave either. Some one on the stuff pack team confused 'brave' with 'foolhardy' as far as I'm concerned. Bravery is going ahead in to the situation despite being squeamish, scared, etc. It's the self assured or confident sims that should be banned from buying it.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    My squeamish sim can't buy brave either. Some one on the stuff pack team confused 'brave' with 'foolhardy' as far as I'm concerned. Bravery is going ahead in to the situation despite being squeamish, scared, etc. It's the self assured or confident sims that should be banned from buying it.
    This! So much this!

The sims devs also like stereotypes too much and disregard character development. Amassing 8,000 satisfaction points represent a lot of growing and life experience that my Paranoid sim would have done since her 14th birthday. I don't want to re-trait her, because her personality didn't change, she only learned to live with her quirk. And also as a paranoid sim her first impulse would be to say See, I told you spooks are real!. If anything she'll be MORE paranoid now, not less. But also more corageous, again, arguing something like I prepared for this for years, now my day has come.

But, yeah, looks like equip.trait cheat to the rescue it will be.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I thought Sims with Brave trait never get any scared moodlet but they still do. Is it a glitch? However, the confident moodlets are prolonged.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    I thought Sims with Brave trait never get any scared moodlet but they still do. Is it a glitch? However, the confident moodlets are prolonged.

The trait doesn't prevent scared moodlets, but instead makes them last a short time while making all confident moodlets last longer.
  • Options
    Furied FateFuried Fate Posts: 14 New Member
    I feel like their description and interpretation of the trait is leaving us a bit confused. Also, I think the 8k point cost is way too high.