Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forward Portability

A wise man once said the only constant in the universe is "change."

Now, while change can be good, The Sims needs to be careful, going forward, that what one can do now, in-game, they can do in future releases. The player base has grown a great deal since version 1, and I, for one, am tired of not being able to recreate certain builds due to building features being left out, or changed entirely, or not being able to remake a sim because certain careers or traits are no longer present. Adding new features is always a plus, but please, for the love of all that's good, removing something should be an absolute last resort. Players can be fickle, and with the base growing as it has, changing too much between versions 4 and 5 could cost the company in terms of player loss.

Just my opinion, but I believe it's fundamentally sound.

This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    I might agree with all that, but I think EA and Maxis won't worry about if they get the TS4 player, either. Just like they didn't care (once TS4 got rolling) if they retained TS2 or TS3 players. They were always chasing the new player who had never tried this series so I don't think they are going to worry too much about the TS4 player, either. I think they believe there is always a new player (who will gush over all the changes that older players wouldn't) under a rock somewhere to buy their new game. I think TS4 players are going to find out pretty soon EA/Maxis won't hear their feedback either, and or ignore for years just like they did to TS2 and TS3 players. TS5 players will eventually be those who never played and older players ignored just like it was in TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.