Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do to make your sim famous?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
I'm trying to make my sim famous. Last time i played with fame intentionaly was years ago, i didn't remember how hard it is πŸ˜…

What is your strategy?

I've bought the video station and have been checking the trends. If i get, for example, a trend in "logic" i record a video of my sim playing chess using the drone...
Do you do the same? Has anyone used the recording cameras?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Write and publish books. Paint and sell those (not through Plopsy or Retail) Enroll in the Actor career. Go to space...
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'm trying to make my sim famous. Last time i played with fame intentionaly was years ago, i didn't remember how hard it is πŸ˜…

What is your strategy?

I've bought the video station and have been checking the trends. If i get, for example, a trend in "logic" i record a video of my sim playing chess using the drone...
    Do you do the same? Has anyone used the recording cameras?

painting a masterpiece, or write a best-seller
    sing
    act
    play guitar, piano, violin
    tell jokes
    befriend famous sims
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    I usually buy the streaming drone and make sure it is following me 24/7
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thanks for the tips 😊
    @Globiddle23 does the live streaming raises fame? I have used and i noticed that it raises fans but haven't noticed it raising fame. Recording a video with the drone does raise game a lot. What is your expeeience?
  • Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for the tips 😊
    @Globiddle23 does the live streaming raises fame? I have used and i noticed that it raises fans but haven't noticed it raising fame. Recording a video with the drone does raise game a lot. What is your expeeience?

I'm pretty sure streaming with the drone definitely raised my fame, as I've used this method exclusively while I go about my regular activities with my sim. It isn't exactly the fastest, but it doesn't take much effort haha
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm the boring kind when it comes to fame. I love the fame system, and use it by cheating for my nobility and Council etc. Then there are a few regular famous artists, and I mostly do the acting gigs to build fame. I think painting might be the easiest and also well paid, in fact I think fame comes a bit too easy for someone painting but not actually wanting the fame. I know there are options when selling, which helps a bit.

I started making videos with a couple sims, but I kept mixing the online thing that came with City Living, and the Media Production thing that came with GF. I can no longer count the sims who has a media profile by mistake.

PS: I think meeting fans and attending community lots helps building fame, might need to be on a certain fame level for it to tick in, though. Perks can be useful, too, but I never paid enough attention to them.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I use the Road to Fame mod, because I wanted my Sim to become a singer. Then I enabled both the GF star-system and the RTF one. I had him play and sing in front of audiences at the Orchid A Go Go, capturing the moment on his drone. I also had him sing at the karaoke bars and compete as often as possible. Before he was out of high school, he was a Global Superstar. RTF allows your Sim to record albums. I would have him model, too, so that photoshoots (again via RTF) would put him on the cover of magazines. I had him interact with his fans often, signing those autographs and taking Selfies with them. When he gained enough hit points (100/100) he started being invited to throw concerts. He did this a lot. I also had him keep up with his Simstagram, updating it all of the time, uploading pictures from his phone. (A Sim gets fame+ points for this.) Just keep working it and get that first star, Notable Newcomer. Then work like the dickens and fill that bar. Use the perks you get once your Sim achieves a star. Be strategic in the purchase of the perk. Take whatever path you wish your Sim to excel at and go for it. Best of luck!
    dJwPwr0.jpg
    The one in the middle is used by the RTF mod, for a gold medal Meet & Greet
    cM3zQvU.jpg
    Teen Star:
    67MOFCe.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I have an actress sim who also does make-up videos on the side.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I mostly reserve fame for actors/singers/musicians.

Reading this thread though, I now want a famous author and painter. I didn't really know that was possible.
    @DaWaterRat @marcel21 @Globiddle23 @Simmerville @GalacticGal @crocobaura @elanorbreton Thank you so much for your very valuable insight!!

My sim is a teen. He has the extrovert and loves outdoors traits. I've randomized an aspiration and he got the "be famous" one. My goal is to make him complete the aspiration.

I thought let's make him an influencer. But i now think it will be easier if he has another way of getting famous and do the media producing on the side... he worked in the creative aspiration as a kid, so even not being creative (per trait) i think i will make him follow his child dream and pursue painting. He will stream his painting sessions for his fans too. He already has 1000+ fans (just not fame stars yet 😒)...
    Thank you! 😊
  • CayleyCarlsonCayleyCarlson Posts: 18 Member
    My sim got the initial 2 levels of fame pretty quickly as she had the social media career from City Living, and she was at maybe Level 7 (Meme -Maker). I guess her amount of followers alone gave her fame? Took a bit for that initial number of followers but as soon as she hit the next level of her career and could Stream Let’s Play Video Games she started getting boatloads of followers and fame.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    @DaWaterRat @marcel21 @Globiddle23 @Simmerville @GalacticGal @crocobaura @elanorbreton Thank you so much for your very valuable insight!!

My sim is a teen. He has the extrovert and loves outdoors traits. I've randomized an aspiration and he got the "be famous" one. My goal is to make him complete the aspiration.

I thought let's make him an influencer. But i now think it will be easier if he has another way of getting famous and do the media producing on the side... he worked in the creative aspiration as a kid, so even not being creative (per trait) i think i will make him follow his child dream and pursue painting. He will stream his painting sessions for his fans too. He already has 1000+ fans (just not fame stars yet 😒)...
    Thank you! 😊

Hello, you are very welcome. if you paint on the digital painting device you can paint very quickly, place them on the wall and sell to a collector for the most cash and fame gain.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Acting has always worked fastest for me, but I also do a lot of painting.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2021
    While my sim was a SimTuber, I befriended a high star actor using the Simder Dating app (you can find it here: SIMDER DATING APP

It didn't take long since he had to go to the dates for them to become friends (and he couldn't back out even though at first all he did was roll his eyes and groan. lol) I think it took two or three dates for him to warm up. Of course they couldn't have romance for a while but that was fun because eventually they did become boyfriend/girlfriend and she got VERY famous then.

This app is so much better than anything in the game because you can meet random people or choose from a list.

I've also had my sim become an actor and gradually rose in fame that way.

Giving money and paying attention to your social media can help. One of my sims rose her fame by being a stylist. I love that new profession.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    I tend to have the opposite problem; My Sims tend to become one star celebs all the time despite me not wanting them to, to the point of me not bothering using their fame points since they will keep losing and gaining celeb status since i don't care about maintaining it.

For the couple I am currently playing, however, I am making them famous on purpose. Getting a social media account and keep posting selfies and whatnot keeps your status from going down, so that is always a good idea. On top of that I find getting the celeb perk that just randomly give you fame for just being good at something is useful even if you don't want to pursue the rest of that perk tree at all.
    Also, of course, do things in front of other Sims like juggling footballs, play instruments, just go to the karaoke bar and sing your heart out...
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Right now i am playing two sims who are seeking fame, but both are through different means. One of them is an actress while the other is an influencer. It is fun playing two sims trying to achieve the same goal but with varying methods like this.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have my sim "register with the ministry" as a Painter, a stay-at-home painter, so it shows she at least works :D My sim will also write books, but it doesn't give you fame much at all, so she will paint 1-2 paintings a day to keep her fame going or move it up a little (while writing a 2-4 hours a day).

Sometimes I use the video station, but I try to avoid climbing the ladder of perks (or whatever you call the ones that you can pick for your sim) by just not using my fame points. I usually don't have them create a social network (whatever you call it) on the computer till they are about 2-3 star status. I have never threw one of them meet-n-greets either. Yes, my sim makes it to the top without doing all that stuff. Writing and painting is easy for me because it gives my sim time to go clubbing or care for the kids at home :D

I find the Actress Career takes a while to get any fame unless you do paint, etc on the side. I make it to level 4-5 of Actress Career and then I am done playing that sim B)
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2021
    i made my sim famous by livestreaming games through the tech guru career, while also simultaneously livestreaming her livestream with a drone. (there are also certain fame perks that help boost fame, and i've found that buying those (even temporarily) tends to help as well)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I usually only use music or acting for famous sims.
    So the musicians obviously write and publish songs, go on tour (visiting bars/lounges and perform a couple of songs there), record and publish composing sessions and sometimes livestream a private concert or composing session.
    They also update their social media whenever they got a new song out or are about to go on tour.

I also had a photographer sim take shots of the famous sims for them and then have the famous sims sell those to a publisher and/or post on simstagram, in my mind those were either photoshots for magazines, albumcovers, tourposters or movies.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

edited February 2021
    Remember, too, that it easier and easier to uphold your fame the more famous you are; remember to use the new interactions available like "posing for pictures" with townies, and signing autographs and taking selfies. Also if your Sim is a good one, get the perk that makes them able to an "hold Inspirational Rally" in front of strangers. Far less likely to make other Sims annoyed than the usual "Start a cheer" interaction.
    Sorry, one more tip:
    If you really want to cheese it, buy a drone. You don't even have to own a video editing station, just constantly livestream everything you do. EVERY. THING.

Livesteam cooking. Livestream working out. Livestream yourself programming. Livestream yourself posing for pictures. Livestream yourself Livestream ;).
    You can earn fame for every boring task in the universe. Livestream yourself cleaning the toilet. Livestream yourself complaining about lack of privacy. ;)
    Sorry, one more tip:
    If you really want to cheese it, buy a drone. You don't even have to own a video editing station, just constantly livestream everything you do. EVERY. THING.

Livesteam cooking. Livestream working out. Livestream yourself programming. Livestream yourself posing for pictures. Livestream yourself Livestream ;).
    You can earn fame for every boring task in the universe. Livestream yourself cleaning the toilet. Livestream yourself complaining about lack of privacy. ;)

This is great! Thanks for the tips :)
    Sorry, one more tip:

This is great! Thanks for the tips :)

Oh. One thing: it is REALLY a good idea to upgrade the drone. Especially the battery.