Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Issues

I have a stigmatism in my eyes. So this is my problem. When I go to build mode about half the time the screen will float all over the place. I try to get a little closer to the room I'm adding things into and instead of going where I want it shoots way above or way down or to the left or right. It all depends what area I'm trying to get to. I can't focus on it and it makes my eyes go nuts. Sometimes it works fine and doesn't do that. Another think, in lets play's I watch I see them ordering different food for each sim. But when I try I can only order the same thing for both. example: Two coffees yup, 1 coffee and 1 wine nope. 2 steaks yup, 1 steak and 1 fish nope. Is there a trick to it? And my sim had a baby and she keeps wearing the hospital gown everywhere. She's a Scientist and she wears it to work. I make her change but have no option for her to wear work clothes. The floating screen is my main issue it really bothers me. Thank you in advance for any help. Please don't tell me to use cheats because I don't know how. I'm hopeless on a computer. All I do is play sims on it. and maybe google and facebook, and email but thats it. I once took a test. It tested you on logic, business , mechanical ( how thing like computers work) etc. On logic I scored 97 out of 100. In 3 others between 92 and 95 but in mechanical I scored 27, yes 27.

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Which camera mode are you using? The default TS4 camera mode? If so, try the TS3 camera mode, it might work better at staying more focused where you're wanting to look.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Which camera mode are you using? The default TS4 camera mode? If so, try the TS3 camera mode, it might work better at staying more focused where you're wanting to look.

Thank You I will try that.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The hospital gown issue is a glitch, and there isn’t much you can do other than to change her clothes. In my experience it does go away on its own eventually. In dine out, you need to click on your Sims little picture that shows once you click a food item, once you select a food and drink click the check mark, you can then choose a different food item to assign another Sim their food choices. Not sure how clear that is.. essentially pick order for Sim one, click small check mark, pick order for Sim 2, click small check mark, then you can click to place order from the bottom right of the menu screen.
  • Options
    suoicipseussuoicipseus Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey there! I really have an issue that I hope can be solved with some help. I've been looking everywhere :(

The thing is - I can't change the color of my lights anymore (intensity,color) .I'm not using any ui cheat! If I try to click on the lights,in live mode,nothing happens. I tried repairing the game twice,remove the latest mods (open world and new cc) but nothing helped.

If this happened to someone elese,or you may have an idea how to fix it,I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advane <3
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Hey there! I really have an issue that I hope can be solved with some help. I've been looking everywhere :(

The thing is - I can't change the color of my lights anymore (intensity,color) .I'm not using any ui cheat! If I try to click on the lights,in live mode,nothing happens. I tried repairing the game twice,remove the latest mods (open world and new cc) but nothing helped.

If this happened to someone elese,or you may have an idea how to fix it,I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advane <3

Whenever I have any issues with the game, I always pull my entire TS4 folder out of My Documents when the game is not running and place it on my desktop. Then I start the game so it generates a new folder and test to see if the problem is still occuring. If it appears to be fixed, I close the game and then move my mods, screenshots, saves, and tray files back into the newly generated TS4 folder and then everything should be good to go.
  • Options

I did try and it is better. I thank you and my eyes thank you.
  • Options
    Sim19kSim19k Posts: 3 New Member
    I can no longer see relationship names when i scroll over people on the social menu, names like "friend, brother, sister, daughter etc". Is there a way i can somehow enable this again?
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    The hospital gown issue is a glitch, and there isn’t much you can do other than to change her clothes. In my experience it does go away on its own eventually. In dine out, you need to click on your Sims little picture that shows once you click a food item, once you select a food and drink click the check mark, you can then choose a different food item to assign another Sim their food choices. Not sure how clear that is.. essentially pick order for Sim one, click small check mark, pick order for Sim 2, click small check mark, then you can click to place order from the bottom right of the menu screen.

I never tried that. I think I know what you mean. Pick my sims drink and food then click like I'm done , but then order again for my guest. Is that right? I'm going to try it next time they go out. Thank You.

That never happened to me. But when I have those kind of issues I go into build mode put it in inventory and take it out again like I changed my mind. Sometimes that works. Or just buy new lights. Hope it gets fixed for you. Issues are such a pain.
  • Options
    Sim19kSim19k Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Sim19k said:
    > I can no longer see relationship names when i scroll over people on the social menu, names like "friend, brother, sister, daughter etc". Is there a way i can somehow enable this again?

any advice?
  • Options
    Behappy1st wrote: »

I never tried that. I think I know what you mean. Pick my sims drink and food then click like I'm done , but then order again for my guest. Is that right? I'm going to try it next time they go out. Thank You.

Yeah, you don’t want to click done and place a second order, that will sort of reset everything (it would be why only one Sim gets served). Order a food and drink for each Sim, and then click done :)
  • Options
    Sim19k wrote: »
    > @Sim19k said:
    > I can no longer see relationship names when i scroll over people on the social menu, names like "friend, brother, sister, daughter etc". Is there a way i can somehow enable this again?

any advice?

It’s due to the new sentiments feature, so I don’t think you can change it back. If you open the Sims profile it will show the relationship to your selected Sim.
  • Options
    I've been trying the tips you all gave me but it sadly didnt't realwork. BUT I alsodisabled script mods and GUESS WHAT? IT WORKED! I can change the color of my lights again and even change my clothes ,by clicking on my sim. That was disabled therefore. The only script mod I have (?) is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so that may be the issue - Unless there are still remainings of the open world mod.

TYSM!!!
  • Options
    > @suoicipseus said:
    > I've been trying the tips you all gave me but it sadly didnt't realwork. BUT I alsodisabled script mods and GUESS WHAT? IT WORKED! I can change the color of my lights again and even change my clothes ,by clicking on my sim. That was disabled therefore. The only script mod I have (?) is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so that may be the issue - Unless there are still remainings of the open world mod.
    >
    > TYSM!!!

edit : I meant wi/cked wh/ims (no idea why it turned into hearts tbh haha)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have a stigmatism in my eyes. So this is my problem. When I go to build mode about half the time the screen will float all over the place. I try to get a little closer to the room I'm adding things into and instead of going where I want it shoots way above or way down or to the left or right. It all depends what area I'm trying to get to. I can't focus on it and it makes my eyes go nuts. Sometimes it works fine and doesn't do that. Another think, in lets play's I watch I see them ordering different food for each sim. But when I try I can only order the same thing for both. example: Two coffees yup, 1 coffee and 1 wine nope. 2 steaks yup, 1 steak and 1 fish nope. Is there a trick to it? And my sim had a baby and she keeps wearing the hospital gown everywhere. She's a Scientist and she wears it to work. I make her change but have no option for her to wear work clothes. The floating screen is my main issue it really bothers me. Thank you in advance for any help. Please don't tell me to use cheats because I don't know how. I'm hopeless on a computer. All I do is play sims on it. and maybe google and facebook, and email but thats it. I once took a test. It tested you on logic, business , mechanical ( how thing like computers work) etc. On logic I scored 97 out of 100. In 3 others between 92 and 95 but in mechanical I scored 27, yes 27.

You have to order the drinks twice, if you want each Sim to have something different. For instance, Erik wants a glass of wine. Click on the type of wine and select the check-mark. His wife, Kayleigh wants Chamomile tea. Select that one and click the checkmark. Then move down the menu if they're planning on eating.

As for your vision, I, too suffer from astigmatism (in fact saw my Ophthalmologist just yesterday). Every now and again in build mode the arrow won't go where it's supposed to go. But, then I usually exit the game go into my documents folder and delete the localthumbcache.package. Or repair the game altogether. I hardly ever have this problem, yet I've got all kinds of astigmatism going on, according to the doctor. Add to that the near-sightedness and I now have a cataract going. :open_mouth: Yeah, yesterday was rough. I've yet to have my screen go all wonky on me, as you've described. Yikes, my motion-sickness would kick in!

What I am trying to say it it's not your eyes. Sometimes the game gets a tad clogged and once you get it unclogged it should be fine. Make sure you've exited your game FIRST. I recommend that you delete that pesky localthumbcache.package every single time before you play. This holds memory from the gaming session before hand. Go into your Document folder, select Sims 4 folder and open it. Scroll down below the yellow file folders and find the file. localthumbcache.package. Select and delete. Hope this step-by-step helps you. I was once in your place, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I've been trying the tips you all gave me but it sadly didnt't realwork. BUT I alsodisabled script mods and GUESS WHAT? IT WORKED! I can change the color of my lights again and even change my clothes ,by clicking on my sim. That was disabled therefore. The only script mod I have (?) is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so that may be the issue - Unless there are still remainings of the open world mod.

TYSM!!!
    That’s an adult mod, and it’s not allowed to be discussed on these forums.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Sim19k wrote: »
    > @Sim19k said:

any advice?
    @Sim19k
    The new patch came with a "Sim Profile" feature. If you hover over their picture there should be an option to open sim profile. If it's not there that's a mod problem.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    Not again, please not again. When I send my sims on a date it gets stuck in the loading screen. I can't exit, I can't even exit out of the game. I have to shut my computer off and then load up the game again. I am soo sick of those loading screens.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

Very much this! I too have astigmatism and Sims 4 camera mode gives me a massive headache at times but Sims 3 camera mode helps a great deal which is good because while I enjoy playing the live mode, I'm a builder at heart and it just isn't easy to do in Sims 4 camera mode!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    OMG what is going on in this game. I was playing with a save and she traveled to another world. But it was empty. So I went to another and yes that was empty to. So I checked and ALL worlds are empty except city. I have all the packs.
  • Options
    Also fill empty houses is on.
  • Options
    Simmer1983Simmer1983 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey is anyone else having trouble connecting to the in-game gallery, because whenever I try to connect it always freezes and the says "could not connect". I'm just curious because that is an issue that I think needs to be addressed. :) :# 🙃
  • Options

You have to order the drinks twice, if you want each Sim to have something different. For instance, Erik wants a glass of wine. Click on the type of wine and select the check-mark. His wife, Kayleigh wants Chamomile tea. Select that one and click the checkmark. Then move down the menu if they're planning on eating.

As for your vision, I, too suffer from astigmatism (in fact saw my Ophthalmologist just yesterday). Every now and again in build mode the arrow won't go where it's supposed to go. But, then I usually exit the game go into my documents folder and delete the localthumbcache.package. Or repair the game altogether. I hardly ever have this problem, yet I've got all kinds of astigmatism going on, according to the doctor. Add to that the near-sightedness and I now have a cataract going. :open_mouth: Yeah, yesterday was rough. I've yet to have my screen go all wonky on me, as you've described. Yikes, my motion-sickness would kick in!

What I am trying to say it it's not your eyes. Sometimes the game gets a tad clogged and once you get it unclogged it should be fine. Make sure you've exited your game FIRST. I recommend that you delete that pesky localthumbcache.package every single time before you play. This holds memory from the gaming session before hand. Go into your Document folder, select Sims 4 folder and open it. Scroll down below the yellow file folders and find the file. localthumbcache.package. Select and delete. Hope this step-by-step helps you. I was once in your place, too.

It worked, thank you.
  • Options
    Has anyone else come up with this issue. I'm playing Not So Berry and Rose is a teen so I started her serial romantic aspiration. Everything was working fine she had a full romance with her first boyfriend. She invited him over and there was NO romance option. It's starting to lower because I can't do romance if it's not there. I have repaired and it did not help. Are they making this a E for everyone game. Don't they know that a lot of adults play too.
  • Options
    Has anyone else come up with this issue. I'm playing Not So Berry and Rose is a teen so I started her serial romantic aspiration. Everything was working fine she had a full romance with her first boyfriend. She invited him over and there was NO romance option. It's starting to lower because I can't do romance if it's not there. I have repaired and it did not help. Are they making this a E for everyone game. Don't they know that a lot of adults play too.

Did the boyfriend age to young adult? Teens only have romantic interactions with other teens.
  • Options

Did the boyfriend age to young adult? Teens only have romantic interactions with other teens.

I just saw that on someone else's lets plays. When I go back into my game I will check. It just didn't occur to me.