Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help deciding which pack to buy

I've decided to take advantage of the current sale on Origin to buy another EP. Of the ones I don't have, I'm torn between Discover Uni and Get Famous. I've studied both packs on Sims VIP and Carl's Guides, and even watched a few videos, but I still can't decide. Which of these two should I buy, and why?
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Tough call. Depends on your style of play.
    Discover University has alot of excellent "stuff", like portable "laptop" computer, bicycles, small fridge, but quite honestly I've never played in the world yet.
    Get Famous has an decent world and great "stuff" too. Like movie props and costumes.

The GF pack though adds "fame" to the game which can be annoying at times. But you can set if for new sims to opt out of fame as default but still go for fame at any time manually on a Sim. The NPC Celebrities are actually quite fun to encounter.
    Playing the careers that go for fame could be fun too, though I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The DU is focused on mostly a campus style play. It could be fun doing "Post Secondary" College/University things. In a Sims way though of course.

Of the 2 packs, I would go for Get Famous first.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    hard pick would really depend on play style

I really love the combination of these packs

with get famous I swoon at premades interacting with my sims

like aw imagine being celeb and being fangirled by Lilith Pleasant brb I'll just go cry happy tears in corner my guy has succeeded his life as rock star

but also like lilith pleasant is university sim so like don't you just wanna play queen herself

but then also like i don't personally really vibe with school play like thats not really what i thrive with but i like the new careers and all

+ discover university build buy and cas are absolutely amazing

but so is get famous cas and b/b

puzzled truly

I guess i would still probably have to say get famous because i play vampires a lot and that makes the university itself very dangerous to play especially if I try to stay in dorms and all cause it takes them so long to route to classes

but also like ive really enjoyed all the side features of university pack sooo...

idk???
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I just got Discover University (and Snowy Escape and Strangerville) and all I’ve done is play around in CAS so far, but I’m in love with so many items from DU already. Even if I end up hating gameplay for some reason, I will not regret buying this pack since I love the CAS stuff so much already
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Usually i would be all for university cause i'm a scholar myself but i prefer Get Famous. The fame system is very well implemented and can be used in every save, even if your sims just get to be mildly reconigzed for some career or skill they work on...
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    i personally would pick get famous gameplay-wise, but that's mostly because i find university a bit too grindy for my tastes (a lot of it is just rushing to classes and doing homework, which is realistic, but coupled with how long university lasts it can get a bit tedious)

however discover university has some of the better CAS and BB items, so if you're really into those, i'd recommend that pack over GF (don't get me wrong, GF also has great CAS, but a lot of their items only work with certain sims/storylines, whereas DU's CAS is more universal)
  • xAlaska0xAlaska0 Posts: 6 New Member
    Well, I like them both, but you can buy whatever you feel it's more good for you.😄
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I think I'm going to go with Get Famous this time, and maybe I'll pick up DU during the next sale. I really liked all the stuff and the new careers with DU, but I found playing uni so booorring in 2 and 3 and no reason to think 4 would be different. I think going with GF might be more right for me because the gameplay interests me more. Thanks for helping me decide!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think Discover University has more of an impact on the game as a whole. It really depends how you play. As a family player I get more use from having my sims do university features than I do anything that came with get famous. Get famous is a fun pack but it’s more of a niche thing that I will do occasionally with a sim if I’m feeling like a change from the normal game play style that I like.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd say Get Famous, DU has always been on the lines of Strangerville for me. I played it once and enjoyed it but then haven't touched it or anything with it since.