Sul sul Simmers! Join the celebration and tune into our Twitch live stream today, Feb 25th, @11 AM PT / 7 PM UTC! 🎉
Feburary 25: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
February 26 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Boringtown from The Sims 2

LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
I've been building Boringtown for some time. The neighborhood that will be composed of family nuclei of people who follow my channel. It has been magical and transformative to return to The Sims 2 after so long and get such incredible captures!
1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=JVBMeJXiuw6ZOfJTVj7Vk2G_siCxJsVaNVkfNDJg9sg%3D

1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=wYBOKOVHz5sYuLb075csIr2szrUpIDao9MN6ef9Ye5g%3D

1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=TF-7al244AKQZayFZYoGlBFx4vxk7DmEmUf9qDW5CmU%3D

With Reshade to change a little bit the color gradient
1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=kgiiIB1xI6_tKTCW3gaAO7VFwXAuJBJfkTTaKU0zwlA%3D

1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=T75Y3JO4PKE6AoJpjunY22q58BVFbuOBVsnTn7pCfkQ%3D

Thank you to see, and I hope see you playing The sims 2 again, because this game is amazing!
I share a little of the creative process to build this world in my channel on Youtube (Boring Bones Tv)

Comments

  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,379 Member
    @Liverick

    Your pics are awesome :) The neighborhood looks so realistic and shows just what can be done with the S2 series. I started with the 3 series so it's always going to be a big love of mine but then I started to play 2 when UC came out and I love this series now too and find myself missing little touches that would have been great to have in 3 too..Please post more pics when you can :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,974 Member
    Love the builds! The reshade looks great
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Liverick

    Your pics are awesome :) The neighborhood looks so realistic and shows just what can be done with the S2 series. I started with the 3 series so it's always going to be a big love of mine but then I started to play 2 when UC came out and I love this series now too and find myself missing little touches that would have been great to have in 3 too..Please post more pics when you can :)

    Thank you very much!! Yes, The Sims 2 has been amazing in the last few months with the insane amount of personalized content it still receives. The creators are getting better! If you started on The Sims 3, I think you would love to see the world I build in it! I posted some pictures HERE.
    As you asked, here are some more pictures !!

    1.png?token-time=1613598520&token-hash=zkATfetIOqhvpNbjHMBe6J5BtFgyVV3vDNQ5ZkzzaTw%3D

    1.png?token-time=1613598520&token-hash=DKLc96kAxLSch0PdxqB2ghG5afnbOHUK-FlEbDwnzrI%3D

    1.png?token-time=1613598520&token-hash=3IXX0Mk2MlJqFnghytx9omCFomJgd7uclMacjdqVCuo%3D

    Love the builds! The reshade looks great

    Thank you!! <3
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,379 Member
    @Liverick

    Thank you for the extra pics a few of us like looking at pics of players creative works :) The railroad adds and extra touch and the use of criquette's bridges ( I am presuming they are-) easily separate different areas on the map. I am a terrible builder but I have enjoyed playing 2 developing/creating good looking neighborhoods which is not really as possible in the same way as other series of the game.

    Thank you for the link to your 3 world as well I have commented over there too :)
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    Yes !! I love The Sims 2 for that. It is all very simple and intuitive and how much gratitude I owe eternally to the criquette. Without its incredible content it would be difficult to achieve such a charming and profound look!

    I'm glad you liked the extra photos and thank you for commenting here and on my other topic!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,369 Member
    Are those just models or homes Sims can live in? Either way, I would like some in my game. If they are real builds then great job! If not and just models where can I down load them? And I agree Criquette's bridges, trains etc. are great. Not familar with Reshade but yeah, it sure changes Maxis trees if those are Maxis hood trees.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,379 Member
    @Liverick

    You are very welcome I love looking at great creativity in action :)

    @Cinebar

    I kept a link to a list of neighborhood lit up at night deco lots on the following link..some are downtown but other are rural hopefully you might be able to find something you like.

    https://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-612992.html

    these are maxis lit up default lots

    https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/tagged/dl-neighborhood-deco
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 29 Member
    I saw this build in a twitter post, and found it really appealing. The brick buildings remind me of northern england :)
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are those just models or homes Sims can live in? Either way, I would like some in my game. If they are real builds then great job! If not and just models where can I down load them? And I agree Criquette's bridges, trains etc. are great. Not familar with Reshade but yeah, it sure changes Maxis trees if those are Maxis hood trees.

    They are build by Criquette too!! He is awesome in all this, i love their work and I use a lot in my neighborhoods! Hahah And the tree is criquette too: https://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/

    And @SPARKY1922 thank you for answer @Cinebar <3
    Kkffoo wrote: »
    I saw this build in a twitter post, and found it really appealing. The brick buildings remind me of northern england :)

    Yes!! Thank you very much!! <3
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    All is decoration, except this house: Here your sims can live! xD
    1.png?token-time=1613317459&token-hash=T75Y3JO4PKE6AoJpjunY22q58BVFbuOBVsnTn7pCfkQ%3D
  • FumusFumus Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh, Hi Erick! Wasn't expecting to see you here. anyway im so excited to see my Alien Sims in your town
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,369 Member
    Liverick wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are those just models or homes Sims can live in? Either way, I would like some in my game. If they are real builds then great job! If not and just models where can I down load them? And I agree Criquette's bridges, trains etc. are great. Not familar with Reshade but yeah, it sure changes Maxis trees if those are Maxis hood trees.

    They are build by Criquette too!! He is awesome in all this, i love their work and I use a lot in my neighborhoods! Hahah And the tree is criquette too: https://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/

    And @SPARKY1922 thank you for answer @Cinebar <3
    Kkffoo wrote: »
    I saw this build in a twitter post, and found it really appealing. The brick buildings remind me of northern england :)

    Yes!! Thank you very much!! <3

    Thank you for the links! When you get done with building maybe you would consider copying your neighborhood (before adding any Sims) and put it on dropbox and or mediafire to share with some of us! Thanks!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,379 Member
    @Liverick

    I concur with @Cinebar it would be lovely to get a clean neighborhood to download when you are finished :)

    If anyone wants more deco hood links I have a few more since yesterday when I found more looking for something else (always the way-)
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    Fumus wrote: »
    Oh, Hi Erick! Wasn't expecting to see you here. anyway im so excited to see my Alien Sims in your town

    Bem vindo fumu!! Hahaha é otimo te ver por aqui tambem!!

    @Cinebar I loved your idea! But because it is a neighborhood for members, I would like to invite you to join our Discord channel and participate in the competitions to win your passport to Boringtown! I would love to see someone from another country together with us :DHERE

    @SPARKY1922 e @Cinebar soon Glimmerville will be available for free download on my patreon, and I bet you will love it!

    1.png?token-time=1614514710&token-hash=XFiSWgjvMNH35AHNgAgFHXH39Ros18sM13ue2mrEBcM%3D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,379 Member
    @Liverick

    Thank you for the video and the letting me know it will be available for download when it's finished as it really reminds me of our older english countryside villages here in the UK even if you have not based the neighborhood on that style exactly -)
  • ATRZATRZ Posts: 1 New Member
    It was incredible, the time spent in this neighborhood must also have been arduous.
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you!! <3 It was fun! It started as a challenge to build a neighborhood in 5 days, but it went on for just over 1 and a half months, with a hint of procrastination between the beginning and the end. I can't deny that I love to build worlds and lots, I need to find some time to play more, because the sims 2 simulation mode is very rich!it is yes! it really looks like an English neighborhood! :open_mouth:
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top