Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post your ideas of what you went to see in the sims 5

post your ideas for the sims5 in this thread it's time to let or voices ring out they must not make the same mistake they did with sims 4

i will start 1 toggles so each players can set the game to there play style with out risking affecting a particular save example a save where you do not went occults showing up for players that plays occult like vampires wolves ect same go if you went toplay a supernatural life state family in the sims

2 washers and dryers top load and front load base game retro and modern this also includes jkitchen appliances and furniture

3 cars list is very long so only put the base so feel free to add your own ideas
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    I want to see the game have an understanding of what they have already done. What do I mean by that? For instance in TS4 there are mood emitters which can and do fill motives and other things like control emotions. However, in TS4 they must have forgotten each and every time that things like that already existed in the game when they would add DLC.

How so? Why buy or make or use potions in the magic pack when there are ten dozen ways to get the same effect for the Sim already in the game>

1. by mood emitters already in the game. 2. Emotions filled by whims or other ways. 3. rewards possibly in base. 4. Etc. Etc.

That is only one small example of how redundant any new content became in TS4. Many people may not have noticed but I did and so did many others. DLC features were merely redundant ways to fill an emotion, motive, and or outcome.

I won't go on and on about personality and other things we all know is lacking in TS4, but the one thing no one ever talks about is the redundancy of what is offered as 'new feature' is nothing but something that could have been accomplished already. Like how many ways does TS4 need to make a Sim 'happy' when they are always happy? I hope to heaven TS5's team understands what I'm saying and realize no developer in TS4 caught on to how redundant their content became.
    I wonder if anyone ever asked, Can't we accomplish the same thing already in the game? Before they went down that redundant road.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I hope we get some form of weather in the base game.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    1) I want 100% open world with Create-A-World and travel between worlds without mods from the start. People can make their worlds any size they want from open neighborhoods to huge TS3-sized worlds to fit the specs of their computers and not lock out any player groups.

2) I want active scuba diving and all the water and beach activities from Island Paradise. But this time, we get to create livable underwater environments for merfolk and underwater facilities for those human sims who want to live and study under the sea like marine biologists, other scientists and scuba divers...and evil villains in their hideout head-quarters! It would also be great to have underwater vehicles like mini-submarines to travel with from one underwater lot to another - and make it a place to live in like the houseboats too except underwater!

3) Air travel in all its forms. We have land travel and surface water travel. Also hoping for underwater vehicle travel. But also air travel. Those two ways are the next step up. GTA V and Just Cause series already have those two forms of travel for YEARS!

4) Crafting furniture, cars, machinery, jewelry, clothing from all the stuff we collect - the gems and metals. I'd really like to use those collectables to make stuff, not just cash them in for profit or to meet challenges. Would be nice to grow cotton and tend sheep to make fabrics which can be turned into clothes that we get to design first. Collect clay to make pottery, etc. etc. I want real chains of production for all the products we can sell.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2021
    ☆sim bios & return of photo albumbook to write stories
    ☆PERSONALITY. trait & personality set hybrid
    ☆Memories, meaningful wishes/fear, attraction system, favorites,reputation system
    ☆open neighborhood, create a neighborhood
    ☆nice black hairstyles from the getgo
    ☆cultural aspects or create a culture. Sims speak different simlish languages, different foods, clothing, religion, workdays, schooling, mannerisms etc
    ☆baby showers/gender reveal parties, birthing classes
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The Base MUST HAVE:
    Seasons
    Pets
    Restaurants
    Bowling
    Tiny Living
    Spa/Fitness
    Cafe'
    Generations
    4 Types of Worlds

The 1st Gamepack MUST HAVE:
    Paranormal with all types of Ghosts
    Vampires
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Moonlight Falls

The 1st Stuff Pack MUST HAVE:
    Movie Theater Venue

The 1st Expansion Pack MUST HAVE:
    Bridgeport with lots of Apartments & Houses in the City
    7 Types of Festivals
    Outdoor Parties
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My biggest want is just for 5 to be an international simulator, with every world representing a different country. Currently 14/18 worlds in 4 are American inspired and I'm so bored of it. Since they're so into representation now please give the rest of the world some representation 😭
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Basegame:
    • Colourwheel for hair colours, Sliders for eye colours, and skin tones.
    • Ability to place lots and a variety of flat lots and sloped lots.
    • Auto roof tool
    • Ponds
    • A combination of personality points from 1 and 2, and traits from 3 and 4.
    • The option to layer a jacket over a top or not.
    • Wants, but not fears.
    • Lifetime wishes from Sims 3.

DLC:
    • Option to make pets controlable.
    • Toggles for Occults, Illness, Alien abductions, and Weather. (Keep the weather toggles from Sims 4)
    • Packs like Island Living and Snowy Escape.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I would like some way to influence how each of my sims skill up, perhaps through their traits or CAS, or even choices they make in-game. Perhaps give them strengths and weaknesses? For instance, a non-creative sim should have a harder time leveling up in skills that require creativity like painting, regardless of the moodlets they happen to have at the time. Maybe limit it to the point that they may never even achieve the maximum level for painting. Another example, if I have a non-foodie sim making blt and grilled cheese sandwiches every day of his/her life, this sim shouldn't level up in cooking the same way as a foodie sim, who maybe tries out more complex recipes each day. Maybe not everyone will like something like this, but I think this would make each sim more unique, and their traits may even have more impact on how they develop.

The way money is handled in the game could be improved upon. Some kind of banking system, so that sims can have the option to combine incomes or choose to keep them separate. This would really come in handy when splitting households. Also, I'd like my sims to have to pay for their clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. They should also have to buy their groceries, etc. If they run out of this, they shouldn't be able to cook.

I'd also like to see stronger consequences and more appropriate reactions in game. I always find certain reactions so disappointing. Mourning a death is more strongly influenced by physically witnessing the death, regardless of whether or not the sims had any relationship at all. My sims have a stronger reaction to a thunder storm than seeing their loved ones abducted by aliens or attacked by vampires. These events should have more of an impact and shouldn't be forgotten and dismissed so easily.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    - Open world and Create-a-World, including tools to modify the environment (add/remove/edit bodies of water, hills/mountains, forests, roads, etc)

- weather

- more animals your sims can interact with, not just pets (e.g. wildlife like foxes, badgers, raccoons, bears, wolves, ravens, squirrels, deer... even some exotic ones to allow to create worlds that aren't necessarily inspired by Europe/North-America, so tigers, elephants, crocodiles, kangaroos, koalas...) Wild animals would be NPCs but some interaction should be possible (they are wary of Sims, and flee or attack if approached, but sometimes they could be befriended with patience and by offering food...)

- more cultural/ethnic variety (building styles and clothing inspired by different cultures from around the world)

- easy way to switch off an EP, i.e. play as if it had been uninstalled. Some game packs change the gameplay in significant ways (e.g. vampires, magic, the eco-friendly EP in TS4, etc) and at times it is nice to play without those elements.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2021
    I've spent too much time in this forum today. LOL. Basically, modernize Sims 2. It was the most entertaining! Return all the animations of 2. Open neighborhoods. Creating neighborhoods was part of that game at base. Sims 4 CAS and building system. Sims 3 lifespan sliders, some kind of color wheel, All those textures can be annoying. You can keep that. As long as I can match my furniture, I'm good.
    Weather in base. Improved AI and routing. Personalities. Consequences. Details. Details. Details. Fleshed out packs. I'm good with waiting for a decent expansion that actually changes the gameplay. I don't want anymore expansions that add as much or less than a game pack and in some cases, a stuff pack. No more content that feels unfinished. Make things replayable. Do a lot of different scenarios and outcomes. Animations, ect. I do not want another pack like Strangerville, where you play it once and never again.

I want a challenge and I want to just sit back and watch them live from time to time. Add different levels of autonomy from they can do anything and everything on their own to absolutely nothing on their own, and a few variations in between.

I rarely leave my lots without an open world. And I enjoy playing rags to riches type games. I start with sims that have nothing and go from there. It's more fun if they can walk around the world. It's great to start as a truly homeless sim. Would be even better if we didn't have to start on a lot. Just drop them in and wander the world, sleeping on benches until you can afford a lot. It sounds desolate, but it's a challenge and I like challenges. I want to see a game where anything is possible. For all kinds of different players.

I would like to build a huge mansion with bust the dust. Where the dust doesn't catch on fire. Everything is dusty and my sims love it because they are the Addams family. LOL.
    I'd like to play a zombie apocalypses game where I have to clean up the house. fix the house with what I can find around the town. How about some toggles to allow or ban features from neighborhoods. Make it a 1950's town where there are no cell phones and computers. I see so much potential for Sims based on what was in the past, present, and what is going on with other games. I really want to see something spectacular. Like what we know and completely new and surprising at the same time.

And of course, no fridge buying. I want to grocery shop. I want one outfit in CAS and have to buy more. And can we choose a jacket and put in the inventory? Put it on when it's cold on top of our outfits? And give the NPC's enough brains to actually put it on in the snow?

I want to build the stores. Watch sims shop without them gathering in one spot. I want to build diners. I want to ditch the check like in 2. And make the economy mean something. If I have two families and I see one buying a sofa autonomously when I'm playing the other family, I want to find that couch in their inventory when I go back to that family. And the money missing. Or if I make money at a dinner while I'm not playing that particular family, let there be an increase when I return. Some people may not like that, so turn it on and off. I don't care. I just want a true economy of some kind.

And when I'm out, I only want to see people from the world. I don't want randomly generated Sims every where. Assign existing sims to the jobs. If they work at a diner, let me see them there instead of a stranger. Let us hire our family to work at our diners. It sounds like a lot, but modders have added a lot of these things I'm thinking of here. So a big game developer should have no problem doing the same and doing it better.

I want to build functioning apartments and malls. I want to build hospitals, ect that are not located in some imaginary world. I want to pass them on the street. Work venues and I want to go inside and work their job with them like with Get to work. For all jobs. Or just watch them do their job autonomously. And don't make it the same stuff every single time if it's playable. Mix it up. Make lots of different things for us to do. I don't like game play that feels like it was designed for a child. It's not replayable and beaten in very little time. We pay too much for this game. Make it worth it. All I ask. I have stopped buying packs. You got me interested with the kits. I bought those, but I don't know how much more of 4 will interest me enough to swipe my card.

There is a whole list of things that could make Sims an untouchable game. I'm already seeing a lot of detailed upgrades of older games emerging. I'm not talking about indie companies either. If one of these companies decide to do a life simulator, I don't think Sims will be able to compete. Unless EA does it first, but if they repeat the mistakes of 4, I believe Sims will end up just like SimCity.