Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Frustration

2...Next

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I didn't try the mod again, but today, for the first time, I played with a paranormal investigator living in a normal house, and... lo and behold, the spectres finally appeared at gigs, and many more creepy dolls, hands, symbols etc. than before! So in my case at least, this bug might actually be connected to sims both living and working in haunted houses, maybe the game gets confused when it's supposed to make spectres appear everywhere, and the only way (for me at least) to avoid that is to have the investigator live somewhere ghost-free.

I haven't gone back to my previous investigators to see if the bug disappears when I change their lot type to a normal home, and I'm not going to experiment any further, especially with a patch around the corner that might (hopefully) address this. But until then, maybe this information can help others who are struggling with the same problem.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    I didn't try the mod again, but today, for the first time, I played with a paranormal investigator living in a normal house, and... lo and behold, the spectres finally appeared at gigs, and many more creepy dolls, hands, symbols etc. than before! So in my case at least, this bug might actually be connected to sims both living and working in haunted houses, maybe the game gets confused when it's supposed to make spectres appear everywhere, and the only way (for me at least) to avoid that is to have the investigator live somewhere ghost-free.

I haven't gone back to my previous investigators to see if the bug disappears when I change their lot type to a normal home, and I'm not going to experiment any further, especially with a patch around the corner that might (hopefully) address this. But until then, maybe this information can help others who are struggling with the same problem.

I will have to check my PI living in a haunted house and going to work. I have been having great luck with the mod update with my legacy sim going but their house isn't haunted. The grim reaper still acts like it is and freaks out before taking the dead sim. It makes the process so much longer so maybe you are right that there is some kind of crossover that is glitching the game with PIs.