Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Frustration

So...I just failed three Paranormal Investigator's gigs in a row.
The first time, overgrowths and hands were in places that my Sim couldn't reach.
The second time, my Sim couldn't do anything because she was too scared to go near creepy dolls and strange markings. She had sacred candles and Dahlia, who she wasted time speaking to for nothing, because she was still "too scared".
I thought the third time would be the charm, but no.
The location is Penny Pizzazz's apartment and she has NO DOOR to knock on. All of her neighbors have doors. She doesn't. It's just a hole in the wall that I can't click on.
Is anyone else having these kinds of problems or am I just super unlucky?

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If you are having a problem with your sim being too cared to interact with the objects, I found it helpful to draw a circle outside and perform the ceremony before even going in. You can make progress on the gig and even complete it just doing that a couple times. If you have sacred candles, place those round to reduce the fear also. I haven't had a problem with not being able to reach items. You can also summon Bonehilda while there, she will help clean things up :)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I had the unreachable items too...very annoying, luckily I got cheats on so I could just teleport my sims there and back.
    The missing door sounds like a bug.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Beck68Beck68 Posts: 12 New Member
    I've had the missing door issue at apartment hauntings too, but the doors appeared again when I put the walls down, then raised them to fully up again.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have the missing doors when visiting apartments ever since december, I think. At least december was when I noticed it, could be around much longer.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    At least you guys have stuff happening when you go to your gigs. No ghosts show up at mine, just random scary sounds and a hand or a puddle every few hours, and sometimes the progress bar just doesn't move no matter what I do.

I do use mods, but can't imagine which of them could possibly be causing this, as the ghosts do appear in haunted houses. Too bad... A rabbit hole career it is then.
  • Options
    EncimiraEncimira Posts: 3 New Member
    It costs 8,000, but I noticed a “Brave” reward trait that could help with the fear issue.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Encimira wrote: »
    It costs 8,000, but I noticed a “Brave” reward trait that could help with the fear issue.

Shame they abandoned whims.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have finished around 20 gigs so far with my two Paranormal Investigators and most of them went as expected and were a lot of fun. I had issues twice. The first one was when I was asked to exorcise a penthouse in San Myshuno. I could not get in, which sounds like the issue described in the original post. I teleported onto the terrace and could do some stuff there but it was not enough to finish the gig. And the second one was just now when I was called to Mt. Komorebi the first time. It was an 'Expert' gig, so the place should have been swarming with red specters and Temperance should have paid a visit, but that didn't happen. Not one specter and Temperance didn't show either. Just had a few dolls, creepy growths and a couple of slime puddles. If I hadn't performed the ceremony 4 times (and my PI hadn't had the Potion of Plentiful Needs with him his girlfriend made), I would have not been able to fill the bar and would have failed. I made it just in time.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    At least you guys have stuff happening when you go to your gigs. No ghosts show up at mine, just random scary sounds and a hand or a puddle every few hours, and sometimes the progress bar just doesn't move no matter what I do.

I do use mods, but can't imagine which of them could possibly be causing this, as the ghosts do appear in haunted houses. Too bad... A rabbit hole career it is then.

I finally got around to playing today and had no specters or Temperance show up on lots that were expert. I thought the first one was a fluke because it was an apartment but the next two were the same. I just kept doing séance circles and waiting for things to spawn. Kinda a real bummer because the medium level of the career isn't very hard. My first one or two gigs had stuff.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

I have the same problem...not enough things spawn to finish a gig higher than easy without me having to perform a ritual like 2-3 times....also specters dont show up at all anymore (they did on my very first and 2. gig).
    I do not have any mods, so it cant be that.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »

I have the same problem...not enough things spawn to finish a gig higher than easy without me having to perform a ritual like 2-3 times....also specters dont show up at all anymore (they did on my very first and 2. gig).
    I do not have any mods, so it cant be that.

Good to know it's not my mods. I watched a lot of let's plays and none of them had trouble. I did find this bug report so make sure to hit me too
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-P-Investigator-Lots-Don-t-Spawn-with-Specters-or-Cursed/td-p/10016032
  • Options
    I went and hit Me Too. After several gigs working properly, specters no longer show up when my sim going to gigs.
  • Options
    I tried the career again with a different sim, same result, no spectres, almost impossible to finish a gig unless I perform the ceremony three times.

Good to know someone is working on a mod to fix that: https://td1sims.tumblr.com/post/641865251052257280/1-or-2-more-paranormal-sp-coming-soon
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish That's good to know, thank you. I'll keep an eye out for that mod. This is my favourite job as I love my sims being sent to houses I build so it's quite a bummer at the moment.
  • Options
    I tried the career again with a different sim, same result, no spectres, almost impossible to finish a gig unless I perform the ceremony three times.

Good to know someone is working on a mod to fix that: https://td1sims.tumblr.com/post/641865251052257280/1-or-2-more-paranormal-sp-coming-soon

Awesome! Thanks for linking that. I will for sure be checking that site often. I made a new sim to try again but he just maxed the medium skill in my last play so he hasn't become a PI yet. Hopefully EA includes something in the Feb patch to fix it because that is a huge gameplay issue.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    My sims often fails medium gigs because she gets too scared to do anything, it’s really annoying!!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish there was a Bonehilda trait so I can turn any sim into a Bonehilda.
  • Options
    It seems that the mod for the bugged paranormal investigator career is out already: https://td1sims.tumblr.com/post/642184535598104576/sp18-paranormal-sp-mods-set-2

Make sure to read the notes, you may get more spectres than you wished for. It does not work for me, unfortunately, but maybe some of you will have more luck.
  • Options
    It seems that the mod for the bugged paranormal investigator career is out already: https://td1sims.tumblr.com/post/642184535598104576/sp18-paranormal-sp-mods-set-2

Make sure to read the notes, you may get more spectres than you wished for. It does not work for me, unfortunately, but maybe some of you will have more luck.

Has anyone else tried it? I downloaded it but if it doesn't work I might wait to add it in.
  • Options
    Echo17121 wrote: »

Has anyone else tried it? I downloaded it but if it doesn't work I might wait to add it in.

I downloaded it. I've only had time to go to 3 gigs with it installed and specters didnt spawn at any of them.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Echo17121 wrote: »

I downloaded it. I've only had time to go to 3 gigs with it installed and specters didnt spawn at any of them.

Thanks, well the site does say it might take more tests and that it's quirky on who it even happens to in the first place. I guess I'll hold off and hope that EA fixes it soon and also keep an eye on that site for more updates.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What's that? A freelancer career broken? Ee, never! :D
  • Options
    Just an update @Echo17121 My sim is on her 4th gig after downloading the mod, both specters and objects were present when she zoned in.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Just an update @Echo17121 My sim is on her 4th gig after downloading the mod, both specters and objects were present when she zoned in.

Oh great! Ok so then maybe I will install it!
  • Options
    Just as a heads up to the people using the mod, it seems to have an update. I am hoping it helps because while I had plenty of specters at my easy and medium gigs I still have none at my expert. So my poor sim usually fails and has a poor job rating.