Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random townie appearing in Guidry's place?

Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
It's happened ever since I got the pack on release date: I tell my medium Sims to Summon Guidry, and they soon find themselves in the presence of none other than...some dude named Enzo Tilley.

I've never seen the actual Guidry. In fact, until today, I didn't even realize he was an actual character and not just a role to be claimed by a lucky (or unlucky?) NPC.

Any ideas? I have MCCC and NPCC, if that's relevant.

Somebody please help me, because, ew, townies.

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I haven't tried summoning Bonehilda yet, and now I'm terrified to see what sort of abominable miscreant the otherworld coughs up in her place.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Paulson's NPC's mod is not yet working with any of the new special pack Sims (Guidry, Bonehilda and Tempereance).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's a known bug with MCCC which causes the game to generate townies instead of Bonehilda and Guidry
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Flikka_Flikka , do you use MCCC for generate townies/NPCs from your tray?

If so, that is the reason :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17790484/#Comment_17790484

ETA: If I understood rightly , Paulson's mod currently prevents them to appear at all.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    edited January 2021
    My Import from Tray is currently set to 0. :/

I wonder if it's similar to the issues Simmers (including me) have had with Father Winter following recent patches. I removed Father Winter from my Winterfest traditions per recommendation, and haven't re-added him yet. I was getting Herbert Fry--a mean, evil dude whom even my most mild-mannered of Sims relished Fighting for Presents.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    NPCC caused my Guidry to be some random sim. Removing that mod and trying in a different save summoned the correct Guidry.