Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you want your GENERATIONS PACK? One pack or several?

Hi simmers! :)

I see a lot of you wanting a Generation pack with more gameplay and special objects for each age group (baby-elder). A possible way is to split a generations pack into several different game packs and make each pack deeper: Childhood (baby-kid), Teen (teen/pre-teen), Adulthood(Young adult-elder) or to make a game pack for each age category. What do you think? How do you want your “Generations pack”?

:smiley: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR VIEW! :smiley:

How do you want your GENERATIONS PACK? One pack or several? 44 votes

As an EXPANSION PACK (baby-elder)
56%
PlayerSinger2010SuRihtanilKulthero777ClassicalSimHarukotyanAsitexBriana2425caliposscomicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishForEmaleighValeahChicklet453681Ms_MikamaicellejenaDianesimsSims_all_dayGeralt_ofRiviaKimmer 25 votes
As 3 GAME PACKS (Childhood & Teen & Adulthood)
15%
luthienrisingBabykittyjadeLMC6255DaWaterRatElizaG2016BookBearDragonmasterleo 7 votes
As 7 GAMEPACKS (one for each age stage, baby-elder)
9%
GalacticGaltexxx78saladprincess92Dancergal123 4 votes
Other
18%
friendlysimmersalanmichael1OnverserMasonGamerSERVERFRAnerdfashionSimmerGeorgeSimmingal 8 votes

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Other
    I don't really care, but it might be cool to have Generations spread out across several Game Packs like Occults so that they can go more in-depth.

I don't think three is quite enough, but I think seven is too many. I would also buy an Expansion for it, because I think overall it would be cheaper than all the Game Packs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited January 2021
    Other
    I want it like

1 ep
    better personalities,
    memories,
    life events
    wants and fears
    middle life crisis
    graveyards
    better family tree
    etc.

like more all around improvements to every lifestage

gameplay objects could have some toys, board games, group activity objects etc.
    1gp
    the american school thing with all school related stuffs cause im not that into it and i dont want it to be mixed in generations school is just not my vibe
    3 stuff packs to continue what toddler stuff and kids room stuff started since lmao theyre gonna keep adding stuff packs anyway so lets make them useful and free some space in ep for other things than aesthetics:

baby stuff
    •nursery items of all kinds
    •some new gameplay objects you could use with babies and possibly new interactions
    •strollers (also useable with toddlers)
    •baby clothing
    elders stuff
    • old style clothing
    as fashion influence for the pack id like to name hyasinth bucket
    •some very nice doily and lace and flower patterned furnitures
    •bingo
    •landline phones to replace mobile ones
    oh its Sheridan calling
    •nursing home lot type
    •canes...
    just things for like very stereotypical elderly character funs
    teen stuff
    • alternative clothing and street styles
    goth, punk, lolita, hiphop etc.

cause meanwhile its not only teens that do those styles people in their teens tend to experiment more with their style.

• some cool things for teens rooms like posters, beanbags and inflatables... fairylights? ...beadcurtains? actually idk what teens have in their rooms these days i don't think plastic is "in" anymore i feel old

•maybe some fun hobbies for teens would be nice
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    are y'all seriously considering to split what was ONE expansion pack into 7 for ts4??
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Other
    It's not a pack I'm interested in but it should be one pack, but from what I've seen it's already been split into 4 (parenthood, kids room stuff, toddler stuff and nifty knitting). They're all "generations" packs.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Other
    none since we already have parenthood and as a player who do not play generation i find it more fun not letting sims age or die but thatsme as a player of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm all in for a deeper dive into the different age categories. I like that the divide into several packs also listed pre-teen as a possibility. That would be great. If this is done and done well with a proper depth to it, I can see Sims 4 as being the best of the best in the Sims series. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want 3!!! 😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    none since we already have parenthood and as a player who do not play generation i find it more fun not letting sims age or die but thatsme as a player of the sims4

Lol😅😅 what kind of pack do you want? I see you say no to everything.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm all in for a deeper dive into the different age categories. I like that the divide into several packs also listed pre-teen as a possibility. That would be great. If this is done and done well with a proper depth to it, I can see Sims 4 as being the best of the best in the Sims series. :)

Agree 100%. It'ld be expensive but it'ld prob be complete. And players could skip those life stages they're not interested in... (babies in my case)
    I know many may be against spreading out content but let's be forreal. Had they made one big supernatural pack for example the vampires and spell casters would not be as in depth and amazing as they are. (I love my vamps♡)
    And aliens and mermaids are a perfect example of what happens when they have to cram it all into one
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Other
    I'm leaning towards one Pack only because Content wise I'm just not clear what would be the Focus for "generations"
    Like yeah multiple packs would be cool, but we wouldn't see it Back-to-back tho. You might get a Toddlers/Childrens Pack next, but that Teens Pack could be at the End of the Year or Next year, And the Elders Pack in 2022.

I don't really care for objects unless it's like a priceless crafted family heirloom that you pass on from generation to generation.
    But It's more, Interactions, moments, for me.

Like If I Was setting up my families for the Very first time, I'd want my First Generation to Set the Family traditions, and overtime, the descendants can Add, Remove, Break, Evolve family Traditions, Values, and such.

It'd kind of be if Get Together and Seasons had a Baby.

Family Groups, Where, As A Family... (Oooh Here we go again with my Medieval Living Pack Idea again... this is why I call it Get Together 2.0.)
    Choose your Family/House Crest (Heraldry)
    Patriarch/Matriarch - Head of the Family
    Family Motto
    Can Choose their inheritor/Successor(s)

Can Choose 1-10 Family Traditions - Things you do together as a Family.

Can Choose 1-10 Family Values - Aspirations your family Values
    - Animal
    - Athletics
    - Business
    - Creativity
    - Child-Bearing
    - Deviance
    - Family
    - Food
    - Fortune
    - Knowledge
    - Marriage
    - Nature
    - Popularity
    - War

Can Choose 1-10 Forbidden Acts - The Values the Family looks down on, for those who want to create family drama.
    Openly Break a Forbidden Act and The Head of the Family May give your sim warnings or disown your sim (Kick you out of the family).

Can Choose Family Treasures - Depending on what your family values you Can create your family Treasures & Heirlooms

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I know many may be against spreading out content but let's be forreal. Had they made one big supernatural pack for example the vampires and spell casters would not be as in depth and amazing as they are. (I love my vamps♡)
    And aliens and mermaids are a perfect example of what happens when they have to cram it all into one

but isn't it sad how they're slowly lowering the expectations for the game? like yeah i get it, low budget, game hard to code but like people is spending actual money on this game. it's not they're asking for free updates on this, as i stated above generations was one single pack. this franchise's expectations have always been high and now seeing people with their mindset already put on the idea that the more separated the packs the better, is exactly what ea wanted.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    We already have parenthood, so one more pack for Generations, that's it. Not every life stage needs their own pack.
    bella_goth wrote: »

but isn't it sad how they're slowly lowering the expectations for the game? like yeah i get it, low budget, game hard to code but like people is spending actual money on this game. it's not they're asking for free updates on this, as i stated above generations was one single pack. this franchise's expectations have always been high and now seeing people with their mindset already put on the idea that the more separated the packs the better, is exactly what ea wanted.

Yea. I agree with this too. All the older games were like that. You really got your money's worth of content. Now companies are DLC crazy.
    It's just that in this case I either conform or stop playing games all together. Sims is the last one I'm holding onto exactly for this reason.

And I know some people say just stop buying so they know we don't appreciate it but sims 4 has thousands of players world wide now. It would take thousands of them to stop buying to even make a change. 😒

I guess you can say I've pretty much accepted it. But deep down in my heart I know it's not right😆😆
    edited January 2021

Yea. I agree with this too. All the older games were like that. You really got your money's worth of content. Now companies are DLC crazy.
    It's just that in this case I either conform or stop playing games all together. Sims is the last one I'm holding onto exactly for this reason.

And I know some people say just stop buying so they know we don't appreciate it but sims 4 has thousands of players world wide now. It would take thousands of them to stop buying to even make a change. 😒

I guess you can say I've pretty much accepted it. But deep down in my heart I know it's not right😆😆

got ya. i believe a boycott could be useful. i too doubt enough people will join it to get ea's attention but who knows. anyways, we should keep voicing our concerns in regards of the game whenever we can and not fully accept the way it currently is or the direction ea wants it to take.
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2021

ahhh i'm totally guilty of buying packs o:) (even if I know they´re a little sloppy sometimes... :'( ) . But Ea has some kind of monopoly on this game. Isn´t it weird that the sims franchise is a really big and successfull game but don´t have any real competitors yet?? I mean there unlimited amount of ex. WWII games but there´s just ONE "sims"-game? WHY???

And why does the game have a low budget when they make a lot of money on this game?
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2021

I really agree on this! I think the packs often becomes better when they just focus on one/few things. :)

And I think is a better strategy for EA also. I didn´t buy Get to work and Island Living because of the mermaids and aliens. I´m not an occult/fantasy player myself, I don´t want them in my game. But I see that many simmers wants occults/fantasy elements and think it´s a much better deal that you get better and deeper versions of them in separately packs and not watering down versions of them in bigger packs. (The vamps pack even looks a bit fun to me, and I like realism :D hehe…)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Other
    I'll make a dedicated thread for this but I don't think Generations should be a pack. It should be base game. The game is literally about Sims and their lives as they age through different life stages and Generations is exactly the same thing.
    I feel like we should be getting these things in the base game now and not pay 40$ for cut content.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited February 2021
    No, I'm not digging dividing up all the generations into single game packs, that's like $20 for each one, if it would be divided up into 3, that's as much as the base game costs, if it's divided up into 7, that's $140. I would have to pass on it because I already know that TS4 doesn't do any pack overly "great". Not only that, how long would it take them to make 3 or 7 packs? Another 3-7 years? Cause you know they wouldn't release one right after the other. I will have moved on to Paralives by then.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other
    1. Playable Babies & stuff in a Base Update Patch
    2. Child & Teen Playable Schools with Teens being a little shorter than Adults
    3. Seniors age 65 to 79 having a lifestate, because they are not Elders over 80 chewing on their own gums
    4. Great Aunts/Uncles, Second Cousins & Great-Grandparents
    5. Step Familes & In-Laws
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I want a new lifestage middle aged that falls between adult and elder. Possibility of half gray hair more wrinkles on face, possible mom/dad bods, possibility of body hair being added back into the sims. So not all men have smooth bodies some have chest hair! some people prefer men with chest hair, beards etc. Also option to retired as a middle aged adult depending on our career choice because some of us actually retire in our late 40s and 50s. If you do military or police for example you should be able to retire once you reach middle age lifestage(these jobs IRL 20 years = retirement). Retiring should give powerful moodlet to do with now enjoying life/spending time with loved ones. Also if we retire from a career we should get that retirement check even still if we opt to find another job.

A elder feature with possibility of using walkers or canes? These sims are what a 75 year old would be IRL and hopefully generations does elders up right as well as toddlers. Yeah and toddlers just need work! I find it pleasing that toddler lifestage is in the game but they're annoying to deal with more often than not. Toddlers, even children should be fun and enjoyable! A bit of a challenge but rewarding. Rewarding gameplay isn't the case in the sims 4. I dislike the hoops we have to jump through with the manners/responsibility system as well a skill system with toddlers. It feels grindy and that shouldn't be the case. Toddlers and children should also have a special relationship with their grandparents? Gain skills faster when learning with grandparents. There should be some features set aside only for elder sims with their grandchildren. Example storytime where a elder tells stories and all grandchildren toddler, child, teen, even adults can gather to listen. Go fishing if you're close to a fishing spot, a lot of grandparents love taking grandchildren fishing.

This is a big one for me bring back story progression! a move out feature for young adults! Allow them to move out on their own and become another sim in the gameworld that can't be culled. They get a job, marry, have kids, come visit with said children without a simmer having to call each one! Its normal for kids to show up at parents home at dinner time is it not? Also your siblings should come visit with their children/spouse/partner and this also includes expanding the lifetree. Great grandparents, distant cousins, in-laws the whole 9! Also family should desire to come stay with you if you have suitable home with enough beds. My cousins IRL still come to my house and stay a week and just hang out. Its same for in laws plus your sim could have bored/tense moodlet that lasts 6 hours or what not due to a sims in laws coming to stay if they don't have a close relationship with them.

One thing that bugs me in the sims if your sibling has a baby and you're close... why does the sibling or even best friend never show up with the children? Why don't they ever call to ask if you wanna have a family dinner tonight and they show up have dinner then leave. I know we can throw a dinner party but meh would be nice to have things just happen organically. I find more often than not when things are brought to your attention or arrive at your front door you're more inclined to interact.

These are just random ideas and other simmers in this threat also have some amazing ideas for this pack.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    One pack that includes gameplay for all stages from baby-elder I mean I like family stuff that they are portraying like the hike in my komorebi but we need more family activities not when their sitting at home talking watching tv it's like...what??? Teens are boring to play because they really don't have anything to do also the kids it's like we need more stuff to do.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't want a Generations pack unless it is something far more substantial than it was in The Sims 3, and this is The Sims 4, so it won't be.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    At least part of it should be base game, imo. Better babies, more activities for elders...basic stuff like that.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Other
    I want no Generations Pack at all.