Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flower Garden Mafia Game [Alien Win - PG 41]

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Hi nush! Why did you discard the town vig? Seems like a pretty good gig to me.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Sorry, a lot of powers here that are unfamiliar to me. A mafia strongman seems like a pretty powerful role. Does Frenchy typically not like to be mafia? Makes me think Frenchy is town. Any thoughts/clarification on this DeKay?
    DeKay wrote: »
    Mouselline wrote: »
    I understand why the goon and governor were thrown away. What’s a psychiatrist, blood sucker, and strongman again? Also Nush, why’d u throw out vigilante? That’s a good role

I believe psychiatrist is like a cop but for Serial Killers, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ treestumps someone. Strongman means your kill will go thru.

Strongman’s pretty powerful. I can see someone not wanting the other two.

Only if you're a scum. If you're a townie, there's no point in being a strongman. With that reason, I think Frenchy might be good unless he got scum and an even better PR.

I don't know what alignment Frenchy likes to be. But if he threw away mafia strongman, then I think he's town. Or a scum with a better role.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    dekay i just want to keep my eye on u ok
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
    dekay i just want to keep my eye on u ok

It doesn't make sense. You should keep an eye on everyone.
    832XG3D.gif
    Sorry, a lot of powers here that are unfamiliar to me. A mafia strongman seems like a pretty powerful role. Does Frenchy typically not like to be mafia? Makes me think Frenchy is town. Any thoughts/clarification on this DeKay?
    I understand why the goon and governor were thrown away. What’s a psychiatrist, blood sucker, and strongman again? Also Nush, why’d u throw out vigilante? That’s a good role

I believe psychiatrist is like a cop but for Serial Killers, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ treestumps someone. Strongman means your kill will go thru.

Strongman’s pretty powerful. I can see someone not wanting the other two.

Only if you're a scum. If you're a townie, there's no point in being a strongman. With that reason, I think Frenchy might be good unless he got scum and an even better PR.

I don't know what alignment Frenchy likes to be. But if he threw away mafia strongman, then I think he's town. Or a scum with a better role.

Ok, makes sense. I haven't seen Frenchy in a mafia role before and was not sure if it's a role he likes to play. Been doing a lot of researching as most of the powers I have no idea what they are. Strongman seems like a pretty good power to have tho, unless a player doesn't like to play the mafia role. Which I can certainly relate to that.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

I have barely started reading, but saw this. I played Vig once (or was it twice? I forget) and it's a very undesirable position to be in, very stressful, especially when you're nervous and jumpy and can't decide whether to shoot or hold your fire but you don't know who is who. So do you spray bullets into the fog hoping you don't hit one of your own, or do you hold your fire and then fail to help or protect your team?

Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, vigilantes tend to be distrusted and wanted by both sides. So I decided that was my least desirable option...even though I find it exciting...still I recall how stressful it was.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

I have barely started reading, but saw this. I played Vig once (or was it twice? I forget) and it's a very undesirable position to be in, very stressful, especially when you're nervous and jumpy and can't decide whether to shoot or hold your fire but you don't know who is who. So do you spray bullets into the fog hoping you don't hit one of your own, or do you hold your fire and then fail to help or protect your team?

Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, vigilantes tend to be distrusted and wanted by both sides. So I decided that was my least desirable option...even though I find it exciting...still I recall how stressful it was.

No, town vigs are not distrusted by town. I love being one so I kill mafia. Pew pew. 😂
    832XG3D.gif

Ok, thanks for enlightening me Nush. I can see where it can be quite stressful for a player who is concerned about mistakenly killing a town player.

No, town vigs are not distrusted by town. I love being one so I kill mafia. Pew pew. 😂

LOL Anybody you are sus of at this point in time DeKay?

Maybe tuti a little bit.

I'm just a bit more certain that you, Nush and Frenchy might be town based on your discards.
    832XG3D.gif

Maybe tuti a little bit.

I'm just a bit more certain that you, Nush and Frenchy might be town based on your discards.

I was kinda wondering about Tuti. She made those comments pre game. Now she is being unusually quiet. Really has me wondering.

Vigilante is a good role?!

I thought it was the role no one wants to be! BEcause no one trust them and worse, I've been one and it's nerve-wracking. Maybe if DeKay or someone like Tuti (who was looking psychic to me til this game where she's clearly wrong) were Vig, it would be a weapon in steady hands, but me? I remember how it was, having no idea who to trust, who to shoot, whether to even shoot.

People way better at this game than I am, have disliked being Vig. It was a very hard choice because it's an exciting role. But I have this little problem with being the person who probably should NOT have that ability because I'll wind up being once again, The Reason Mafia Won.

So how is it a good role?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    im supsicous of nuhsnuhsganash and dekay ok i think we should all keep are eyes on them

Why r u sus of them?

She doesn't like my name, apparently. It's NUSH, Tuti. You don't even have to type all that extra stuff.

xicwqMCm.jpg

I thought it was the role no one wants to be! BEcause no one trust them and worse, I've been one and it's nerve-wracking. Maybe if DeKay or someone like Tuti (who was looking psychic to me til this game where she's clearly wrong) were Vig, it would be a weapon in steady hands, but me? I remember how it was, having no idea who to trust, who to shoot, whether to even shoot.

People way better at this game than I am, have disliked being Vig. It was a very hard choice because it's an exciting role. But I have this little problem with being the person who probably should NOT have that ability because I'll wind up being once again, The Reason Mafia Won.

I can see why you don't like being a vig role. You're indecisive often and don't know who's town or not. 😂 The role is not for everyone but sometimes it also a good way to get rid of any scummy looking town so they don't become an elim bait (kinda like what we do on day 1).

I've seen a lot of vigs getting rid of mafia so it's a good role.
    832XG3D.gif

I can see why you don't like being a vig role. You're indecisive often and don't know who's town or not. 😂 The role is not for everyone but sometimes it also a good way to get rid of any scummy looking town so they don't become an elim bait (kinda like what we do on day 1).

I'm in total agreement of that statement DeKay. Bottom line for me, I'd rather be the one shooting than the one being shot at. :o

Well, I might be misremembering, but wasn't I The REason Mafia Won Again, when I was vig because I wouldn't believe you when you were trying to tell me who to shoot? because I can't just take anything on faith? I'm not a good soldier.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Well, I might be misremembering, but wasn't I The REason Mafia Won Again, when I was vig because I wouldn't believe you when you were trying to tell me who to shoot? because I can't just take anything on faith? I'm not a good soldier.

Yeah, like I said, it's not for everyone. I can't really remember what happened in that game tho. 😂 Was I wrong on who you should shoot? 😂
    832XG3D.gif

I'm in total agreement of that statement DeKay. Bottom line for me, I'd rather be the one shooting than the one being shot at. :o

I would, too, if it were that easy. But I think of it more as hedgerow warfare in the dark. Do you shoot no matter who it is, or do you hold your fire til you can see better? Do you take initiative blindly knowing you could be shooting one of your own, or hold it and wait, hoping you get a better shot and do it right? In the meantime, people on your side are dying. So either way, because you can't see who you're shooting, you could be the reason Bad Things Happened.

I find that position very stressful to be in and didn't want to volunteer for it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Hey just popping in to say that I haven't got time to read through the thread or anything today, but I'll see y'all as soon as I wake up.
    they/he

I would, too, if it were that easy. But I think of it more as hedgerow warfare in the dark. Do you shoot no matter who it is, or do you hold your fire til you can see better? Do you take initiative blindly knowing you could be shooting one of your own, or hold it and wait, hoping you get a better shot and do it right? In the meantime, people on your side are dying. So either way, because you can't see who you're shooting, you could be the reason Bad Things Happened.

I find that position very stressful to be in and didn't want to volunteer for it.

Haha, to make you feel better, every time I get a PM and it says that I've gotten a town vig, I would reply back to the host, "Watch me screw this up." XD
    832XG3D.gif

Yeah, like I said, it's not for everyone. I can't really remember what happened in that game tho. 😂 Was I wrong on who you should shoot? 😂

I don't remember. I just remember cringing inwardly for a while because I was The Reason Town Lost a few times over due to being nervous, jumpy, second-guessing myself, not trusting anyone else, and refusing to go along with what you said I should do.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    xSongx wrote: »
    Hey just popping in to say that I haven't got time to read through the thread or anything today, but I'll see y'all as soon as I wake up.

Sleep well Song.
    Speaking of Song, what's an Alien 🐸🐸🐸🐸? I tried to research it, but didn't really get any clarification. Since discarded, I assume it's a weak role?
    omg! I can't believe they censored blood s.u. c.k. e.r.! :o
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Speaking of Song, what's an Alien ❤️❤️❤️❤️? I tried to research it, but didn't really get any clarification. Since discarded, I assume it's a weak role?

Alien is an allignment. Blood sucker turns people into tree stumps, which are people who can’t be killed but also can’t vote