Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Question

I'll soon get the pack, but one thing is bugging me. How is it possible to play a family in a haunted house where they get dragged over to the paranormal side constantly? Or do the ghosts and spirits only show occasionally? Or can they be active without waking up my family? My family will of course need to tend to regular jobs and school etc, but I worry if they are kept awake all night, they will fail on all other scenes.

Can a career minded sim handle a career while residing a haunted house?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I ran my test save with a mother and daughter. Sleep was a bit of a nightmare (pun intended) but someone did a seance/ceremony at least once a day and that got things to manageable. I only played for a week, but we did manage to get the kid's grades to a B. And once we were doing daily ceremonies, there were only a few specters each night.

I did have the advantage of playing a spellcaster who lucked into getting the potion of needs, which allowed mom to keep going while the kid slept. And I didn't give her a day job, primarily so that she could be active at night to deal with the specters.

I'm about to start trying to do Uni with a student in a haunted house, but again, she's a spellcaster (and much more powerful, since that's my regular save which is on long life and I've been working on her magic throughout her teen stage.)

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I ran my test save with a mother and daughter. Sleep was a bit of a nightmare (pun intended) but someone did a seance/ceremony at least once a day and that got things to manageable. I only played for a week, but we did manage to get the kid's grades to a B. And once we were doing daily ceremonies, there were only a few specters each night.

I did have the advantage of playing a spellcaster who lucked into getting the potion of needs, which allowed mom to keep going while the kid slept. And I didn't give her a day job, primarily so that she could be active at night to deal with the specters.

I'm about to start trying to do Uni with a student in a haunted house, but again, she's a spellcaster (and much more powerful, since that's my regular save which is on long life and I've been working on her magic throughout her teen stage.)

Aha, so if my sim is less active with those seances etc, the specters etc will get more active. Good to know. There will of course be one sim per haunted house who will focus on the ghostly activity, I'm mainly worried for the other household members. But with daily seances it seems like sleeping household members will at least no be disturbed every single night.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Beck68Beck68 Posts: 12 New Member
    Definitely agree with doing daily séances, it's the ceremony or ritual option, I can't remember which one off the top of my head). It seems to drop the level of haunting to happy spectres - only make sure your needs are full when performing it otherwise you might be interrupted, which raises the level of haunting.
    Also, you can place the Sacred Candles in your Sims bedrooms. They are 500 satisfaction points (I think, I could be wrong) and you get 3 of them. The spectres seem to avoid those. When Temperance starts making things a little bit more intense, you can ask Guidry about "someone horrible showing up" and he will give you an idol that she hates which you could also place near sleeping Sims.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited January 2021
    Beck68 wrote: »
    Also, you can place the Sacred Candles in your Sims bedrooms. They are 500 satisfaction points (I think, I could be wrong) and you get 3 of them. The spectres seem to avoid those. When Temperance starts making things a little bit more intense, you can ask Guidry about "someone horrible showing up" and he will give you an idol that she hates which you could also place near sleeping Sims.

Yes. That reminds me, you can ask Guidry for help when you're terrified (there are two sets of interactions on the Guidry menu - yes, he has his own menu - and the second one is all grayed out unless specific moods/events happen) and he'll give you wax you can make into 3 candles. The wax is also sometimes dropped by Specters.