Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store World Mail Boxes ... solved :)

DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
Hello.

It seems nobody in the build section knows what I'm talking about. Sunlit Tides has a bamboo sticks type mail box on some of the lots. Aurora Heights has a tall, metal, arched top mail box. Monte Vista has a stacker stone mail box. Roaring Heights has a wide kind of car ornament type one. Lucky Palms has it's own, can't remember the type. Ok?

So how do I access those, while I own and have installed those worlds, through build and buy, to swap out the plain mailbox on other lots? What about after a sim has started living on it? The only way I've been able to have my sims have one so far, is to move into a vacant or pre-built lot that already has one, which counts out some of the better located or sized lots. Certainly, none of the lots in the sim bin have a fancy mail box, and if I plonk any of those down, their plain mail box prevails forvermore on that lot. These are paid-for worlds from the Store who's content I should be able to access all of besides in that difficult and limited way.

Does anyone know how to access the fancy mail boxes that come with Store worlds? I think actually there might be fancy one's for some of the expansion packs, dunno, definitely the store one's.
I remember you from university, I still have your story.
Post edited by DivinylsFan on

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    They're in buydebug. You need to find the one you want in buydebug, place it on the lot, and then delete the one that was previously there (I think using testingcheatsenabled, but I'd have to go in game to see that exactly).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    They are in buydebug.

If you don't know how to access that: Open the cheat box (shift+control+c), type in 'testingcheatsenabled true', then open it again and type in 'buydebug'. Go to buy mode, click on 'sort by function' and you'll see a question mark at the top. Click on that and it will take you to the buydebug menu. Click on the miscellaneous category and sort by store items so you can see them easier.
  • Options
    How do I get it to allow me to delete the current mailbox and place the new fancy one? After my sim has moved into the lot? It says "only one mailbox allowed per lot" if I try to place the new mailbox, and "can't delete" if I try to delete the old one.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @DivinylsFan You need to have testingcheatsenabled turned on, then shift click on the mailbox you want to get rid of and delete option will come up for it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses and @ZeeGee thanks for that :)
  • Options
    Hello again :) It seems "testingcheatsenabled true" then shift click on the old mailbox does not allow it to be deleted.
    There is a step missing. Does anyone else know how to do it?
    I have my game open on my PC right now, I've got the buydebug open and the fancy world mailbox ("mail ho!" (Barnacle Bay)) showing in the catalogue which I can choose and GO TO place it on my sims' new lot they've just moved into, but it will not let me place it because there is already a normal mailbox on the lot and it won't allow more than one. It will also not allow me to delete the old normal one first.
    I tried shift+click on the mailbox. It picks it up, but then does not let me delete it. I tried typing in testingcheatsenabled true again, it still doesn't let me delete it with shift+click, nor K then shift+click.

• Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    It's control+shift+click
  • Options
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    It's control+shift+click

Thanks for your reply. I will try it and report back.
  • Options
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    It's control+shift+click

Thanks @wendyyi1 that worked :) Its control +shift+click :)