Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your build style?

ยซ1
MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
What type of houses/lots do you prefer to build? I prefer older style, smaller mansions. I have a build spectrum though, where I build older style, smaller mansions but i also build like present day suburban homes, but more typically older style, smaller mansions (say it again Rose).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I like building English country manors and French provincials.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Last 3 builds I put on the gallery were a very basic cheap base game home, a super cluttered haunted manor house and a painfully modern family home....in other words I dont really favour one style! Only thing I dont build is anything that involves terrain manipulation as Im rubbish at it!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Mine are all over the place, haha. I'll get inspired by something in my head or images I see on movies/tv/real life places. I alternate between smaller builds and larger ones. There's a victorian I have called Charming In Canary that I update every single pack and upload. It's been fun!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    i do find myself building more houses with like antique mansion vibe or ancient builds vibe cause its aesthetically pleasing to my soul

but i would not really say its specific style or era cause honestly i just mix fun objects

like idk

I also build modern builds sometimes but thats hardly for me to play in for longer times cause idk i just dont feel those look all so legacy and family heirlooms and you know.. that kinda stuff.

but also like no i wouldn't put landgraabs in goth house thats just wrong the house needs to fit the family
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I try and make a variety but if I'm not following a floorplan most of my homes come out looking like your typical traditonal/suburban/craftsman style houses. I've been trying to make some more modern looking ones recently, I just never know how to make the roofs look right
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think i shouldn't be answering this cause i've just built two houses in 20 years haha but both were small/medium sized victorian. I love victorian architecture!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited January 2021
    What type of houses/lots do you prefer to build? I prefer older style, smaller mansions. I have a build spectrum though, where I build older style, smaller mansions but i also build like present day suburban homes, but more typically older style, smaller mansions (say it again Rose).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I build a wide range. I build castles, modern, art deco, art nouveau, Neo-Classical, Renaissance, Medieval, Tudor, French Chateaus, farmhouses, etc. Builds like Frank Evert Wright that compliment the environment they are in, I did a build of Falling Waters with lots of CC a while back. Where I used to live in Cleveland Ohio in America there is a place called Franklin's Castle which I did as a build as well using cursed gremlins and at the time haunted lot traits because of the history of the place with bad things happening to previous owners. I have built The Sanctum Sactorium Which is Dr Strange's home. I've built Mandrake The Magician's home in Xanadu in Glimmerbrook. I build manors, mansions. I've built Wayne Mannor for myself and Matt Tracker from M.A.S.K's home. Sometimes my husband's builds for tabletop terrain (terrain doesn't just include what we all know and think of as terrain like trees, hills, etc but also buildings, statues etc.) are my inspiration for the builds I do. I have no one style I solely work with or prefer. I just could improve with landscaping that's all. It really depends on my mood what I'll build. There is nothing that is truly outside my comfort zone or I won't figure out how to build in my builds and I am very guilty of having tons of CC heavy builds which is why I don't tend to share on the gallery unless I've done a CC free build that I'm proud enough to share with others.

@telmarina even if you built one time or renovated a build to improve a layout to your liking it counts at least I think so. Or if you attempted to build and gave up just one time it still counts in my opinion. Not everyone likes to build and that is fine. Not everyone has the patience, time or energy to build.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I also do a wide range. I have done murder houses like the Cielo Drive Polanski mansion, Amityville house, Lizzie Borden house. Also did a few homes I grew up in. A castle, chapels. Modern to old.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I don't have a set style, I build what ever suits my mood modern, traditional, contemporary, etc. (my Sims are the same when I play, they vary in style) Most things I build are smaller and fairly simple. It drives me nuts when I can't see into a house due to too many walls, columns, stairs, etc, so when I build things I have to do so so that I can see into the build without having to adjust the view all the time. Form and function need to be equal as far as I am concerned.
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I like building Victorians or Craftsmen because I like the curb appeal; I also like building one-story brick ranchers from back in the 1960s and 1970s. But I like "playing" one story, modern homes, probably because that's the type of house I'd like to have in real life.
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    My favorite houses to build are beach houses. Being from Puerto Rico, the architecture there inspires a lot of my builds. Spanish Colonial mostly, some Baroque, and sometimes neoclassical. I love that type of architecture. I've tried building some Traditional and Victorian homes but it hasn't worked out too well.
    Oh and sometimes modern homes.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've built lots of Victorian and Tudor buildings and loads of cottages as well. I'm not too big a fan of modern, but I'm trying to build more of those.
    Cottages are my favourite though, as I prefer smaller homes.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My build style is anything from Prehistoric to Futuristic.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Whatever Maxis has set up, with me fixing anything I don't like and fixing the whole aesthetic of the house.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2021
    Most of mine are Mid-Century Modern, Prairie Modern or Modern Contemporary. I don't set out to build Modern style homes, but more often than not that's what I end up with. Most of my builds come organically as I build them (Probably from things I've seen in real life but mixed up in brain-land so that they don't resemble anything normal hehe) Occasionally I'll do an American Country Farmhouse style build that turns out ok, but I live in the Midwest USA in cattle country so its what I see every day.

My favorite architecture style is Gothic and Gothic Revival and I'd love to be talented enough to build them, but I'm just an average builder sadly.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm a bit all over the place, but I do like a good Victorian Painted Lady. Otherwise, I go with whatever strikes my fancy at the time, though Modern Glass isn't particularly my thing.

I've tried my hand at Chicago style Bungalows, but they're either oversized or cramped once you factor in the Sims' Scaling.
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Although Sims 4 doesn't have a lot of Indian style building tools, I try to make it happen anyway, with flat roofs bounded by half walls, lots of balconies, and furniture from packs like City Living and a few others.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Dumpster fires.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I usually end up building fancy looking Victorian mansions, but in the end they never look fancy enough for my staste (no decorated ceilings etc.) so I'm never truly satisfied with them.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Don't mention undecorated ceilings to me. I get sad when i hear that phrase in a Sims-related way (Lol i'm kidding)
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I like buildings to match the neighbourhood and other buildings around it so I avoid filling everywhere with massive mansions, though I do love a basement...

I need to figure out how to add attic rooms without ruining the roof design.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I like building outdoor nightclubs where people dance in the snow, and get struck by lightning in the summer
  • jackoalajackoala Posts: 11 New Member
    I like building modern builds like this! https://youtu.be/ZFAwVzr3-2w
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    A little bit of everything, I like a challenge and I like to keep things interesting. After building a castle or a mall, a little two-bedroom house sounds nice. After a house full of clean, modern lines, I like a bit of old-fashioned glamor.

Fun!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I build for my sims, so I build whatever I think suits them. Lately, my builds have been huge. But I still tend to go mostly for modern designs.