Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you use the seance table in community lots?

Can you use the seance table in community lots, lots other than residential?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Can you use the seance table in community lots, lots other than residential?

If the table is available on the lot, you should be able to. In the live stream they said you can take the seance circle with you for use on other lots. You cannot carry the table in your inventory.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Oh cool, when I get the pack I want to put the seance table in the basement of a sleezy bar in the industrial part of the town in the Eco Living pack. I guess I will give it the spooky trait and see what happens once I get someone at a high level with the medium skill.
  • PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    I have a similar question... does a house have to be set to haunted for the seance table to give you Medium skill??
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I have a similar question... does a house have to be set to haunted for the seance table to give you Medium skill??

No, you still gain Medium skill at the table, regardless of where it is. I've got one in my little castle, which is a normal residential, and my spellcaster's gaining the medium skill perfectly! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thanks for sharing all the photos, everyone. I can see you're all having fun with HH. For as long as you have waited for this pack, I'm happy it is a good one. I'm not planning to get, but it's nice to see the occult players finally got the content they've been waiting for. Happy Haunting!! <3
  • AceWitchyBoiAceWitchyBoi Posts: 8 New Member
    how do you use/get the seance circle? I tried clicking on myself and the ground and there is no option for it. I am level 5 Medium skill
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Oh cool, when I get the pack I want to put the seance table in the basement of a sleezy bar in the industrial part of the town in the Eco Living pack. I guess I will give it the spooky trait and see what happens once I get someone at a high level with the medium skill.

Sound like the table will work, but spooky is a new residential lot type, it can't be applied to community lots.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    musteni wrote: »

Sound like the table will work, but spooky is a new residential lot type, it can't be applied to community lots.

They could still apply the Haunted Lot trait, assuming they have CL. It won't be the same but ghost will have a chance of showing up at night.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Yes, I've been developing the skill with a little girl who lives in an apartment. Her Mum is a spellcaster and visits the MQ a lot, so I put a table there, and works fine, I also put a table in one of my museums, and she's almost maxed the skill there. Specters turn up, you can interact with them, they'll give you the gifts. Lights flicker, sound effects happen, and you can even summon Bonehilda. The little girl has just turned into a ghost herself and is now possessing the objects at the Museum. So glad about this, because I have quite a few spooky community venues already in my game. I have a number of sims who will become Mediums, that don't live in haunted houses.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, I've been developing the skill with a little girl who lives in an apartment. Her Mum is a spellcaster and visits the MQ a lot, so I put a table there, and works fine, I also put a table in one of my museums, and she's almost maxed the skill there. Specters turn up, you can interact with them, they'll give you the gifts. Lights flicker, sound effects happen, and you can even summon Bonehilda. The little girl has just turned into a ghost herself and is now possessing the objects at the Museum. So glad about this, because I have quite a few spooky community venues already in my game. I have a number of sims who will become Mediums, that don't live in haunted houses.

Really? I thought that those effects were exclusive to the haunted lot type. Really cool!!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Really? I thought that those effects were exclusive to the haunted lot type. Really cool!!

I guess if you summon the spirits, they come. Would be nice to know for how long the effects last after the seance sessions are ended.