Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot hold a group seance at drawn-on-the-ground seance circles

Is this a bug, a feature or is there something I'm missing? Or is the seance circle just one-at-a-time-please? Would be nice if we could have a proper group seance at the seance circle.

Comments

• Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2021
    Woops. I had answered for the table. I do not think you can perform a group seance with the circle. I agree that it would be a great addition.
  • Options
    AceWitchyBoiAceWitchyBoi Posts: 8 New Member
    i cant figure out how to use the seance circle period. I try clicking myself and the ground and it doesn't give me the option.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think your sim needs to be level 5 in the medium skill.
  • Options
    > @telmarina said:
    > I think your sim needs to be level 5 in the medium skill.

I am level 5
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    You gotta click the ring of the circle, not the inside. It's pretty tricky to get at first.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    > @Gordy said:
    > You gotta click the ring of the circle, not the inside. It's pretty tricky to get at first.

i'm not talking about getting rid of the magic circles. I am talking about being able to cast a seance circle. there is supposed to be the option where you click on yourself or the ground and perform a seance anywhere.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > You gotta click the ring of the circle, not the inside. It's pretty tricky to get at first.

i'm not talking about getting rid of the magic circles. I am talking about being able to cast a seance circle. there is supposed to be the option where you click on yourself or the ground and perform a seance anywhere.

Yes and like Gordy says, you need to click the white circle area, not inside it, to hold a seance. It's a small area and easy to miss.
  • Options
    > @CelSims said:
    > Yes and like Gordy says, you need to click the white circle area, not inside it, to hold a seance. It's a small area and easy to miss.

It doesn't even come up as an option to create a circle. I've seen multiple simmers on YT being able to click on themselves or the ground and the option to "create a seance circle" pops up for them. However in my game when I click on myself there is no option to create it and when I click on the ground there is only the "go here" option.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > Yes and like Gordy says, you need to click the white circle area, not inside it, to hold a seance. It's a small area and easy to miss.

It doesn't even come up as an option to create a circle. I've seen multiple simmers on YT being able to click on themselves or the ground and the option to "create a seance circle" pops up for them. However in my game when I click on myself there is no option to create it and when I click on the ground there is only the "go here" option.

Oh I see. I click on the ground and have an option to create a circle, which costs 5 simoleans. I assume you have tried various places in case one wasn't suitable due to not enough space. Maybe need a game repair, clear cache and try without mods?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,920 Member
    Always try without mods first.. (naturally is using those) .. saves the trouble of repairing, many times.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    i've cleared cache and disabled mods and it still won't give the option to create a circle. When I click on myself the only options I get are seen here https://gyazo.com/a3dfc9f955908defa8b4ce665656191d and on the ground only gives the "go here"
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    The option to draw the circle also appears on your sim, they will find a suitable spot nearby.
  • Options
    Okay I have tried EVERYTHING! I've cleared cache, removed Mods folder from the game as well as disabled the mods option, I've repaired the game and NONE of it has worked. There is no option to create a seance circle when I click on myself or the ground. I have no idea where else to ask for help as there isn't even an option to create a new thread on this forum. I've also tried posting about this on the official Sims twitter with no response. This is ridiculous!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2021
    I just went to a lot owned by another sim that's haunted (not during a work event) my sim was able to draw the circle by clicking on herself and perform a seance by clicking on the circle. She is a level 5 medium, not sure when you get the option to draw the circle. I don't think there's a group option but I didn't try for that. I don't have any mods. What level medium is your sim @AceWitchyBoi
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Okay I have tried EVERYTHING! I've cleared cache, removed Mods folder from the game as well as disabled the mods option, I've repaired the game and NONE of it has worked. There is no option to create a seance circle when I click on myself or the ground. I have no idea where else to ask for help as there isn't even an option to create a new thread on this forum. I've also tried posting about this on the official Sims twitter with no response. This is ridiculous!

I know exactly what you mean. I am having the same problem. My sim is a Paranormal Investigator and the option isn't coming up for me either. You have to be medium level 5 to be a P.I. so skill isn't a problem. I am a vanilla player so the problem isn't due to mods. I agree it is frustrating.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Are you on a paranormal freelancer gig, or is your lot marked haunted residential? Because I don’t think you can get a seance circle to appear outside of one of those two scenarios.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    edited January 2021
    Are you on a paranormal freelancer gig, or is your lot marked haunted residential? Because I don’t think you can get a seance circle to appear outside of one of those two scenarios.

Not getting the option on a gig.
    So, after trying everything I could think of, I started over and now the option appears. it was definitely a glitch!
    Post edited by cornflake88 on
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    i cant figure out how to use the seance circle period. I try clicking myself and the ground and it doesn't give me the option.

you for whatever reason need to click ON the circle. Not the ground inside of it, you need to click the circle itself.
  • Options
    Jess9592Jess9592 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="AceWitchyBoi;c-17790129"]Okay I have tried EVERYTHING! I've cleared cache, removed Mods folder from the game as well as disabled the mods option, I've repaired the game and NONE of it has worked. There is no option to create a seance circle when I click on myself or the ground. I have no idea where else to ask for help as there isn't even an option to create a new thread on this forum. I've also tried posting about this on the official Sims twitter with no response. This is ridiculous![/quote]

You're not on your own here. Im a PS4 player and it isnt working for me either. Making the gigs really difficult because my Sim is too scared to do anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to add it into the PS4 version to be honest.
  • Options
    I think i found a way around it - use the cheat bb. enablefreebuild and put in a seance table
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I thought the circle they showed on the livestream was something that was separate to the table and circle? so i went looking for it to purchase separately and could not find it so i am for sure not up to date yet on how to make this happen in game. @Jess9592 what actually happen with the cheat you have used do you get a circle or something?
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 - the cheat unlocks build mode so if you travel to a gig in the paranormal investigator career, you can enter the cheat and put in the seance table. Just a work around but still annoying
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks @Jess9592

I am still learning about the pack. The good bits and the bad :)