Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is a townie?

A lot of people have different opinions on what a townie is. I know there's a official definition somewhere but I'm too lazy to go and find it.
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png

What is a townie? 267 votes

A premade (Liberty Lee, Bella goth, ect.
17%
bshag4lvMstybl95GalacticGalKing4510411HazellDevSims91wylmite1986SxcDannii202Amj1995AquariusMombestfrienemies14phantasmkissDaraviDanmanNefariusSindocattexxx78Emo-usagi2187Reading_Corsairsarahuk12sillyangel0906 47 votes
Randomly generated sims
67%
auroraael14Frn0731tams2578jessbates88IrishSimmer21HowGreatThouArtWrenrySikoahGracelisamwittoveronCamkatSasquatch7PlayerSinger2010HeyHeyyMi9shaoscarshadyladynzTheSpotted_CIsb917simm621Bloosmoo 179 votes
An ugly nuisance
15%
IcewolfColorist40jonilla1imhappyasimbsimelanorbretonElnVldToriePlumbobCrossingstephanie132392TeeSeaFinvolawormofthebookbixtersAPottspammiechickannaliese39ChadSims2MasonGamerMafe5125 41 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    Kind of like how you separated them, sims premade by the devs are premades to me. Townies are the random abominations the game generates endlessly and you cannot turn off.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    Could be the last 2, but they all don’t look so bad
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    Maybe "other" should have been an option to cover both randomly generated AND an ugly nuisance! :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    I think of any "homeless" NPC as a townie. They're separate from Maxis premades.

As for "ugly nuisance", some are, some aren't. The ones that aren't tend to marry into my created sims' lives and earn their own place in the world.

The ones that are especially annoying get thrown into a grave in hopes that whatever niche they filled will be improved when the game generates a better NPC.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    To me, a townie comes with the base game--I call random-generated just NPC's
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    I'll go for "Randomly Generalized Sims" for $100, Alex.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    Cause a premade is what the group is called that ships with the game on release that everyone with the same packs will have, gauranteed. While townies are made by code over and over and not everyone has the same or the same problems.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    If I could have chosen an ugly nuisance also I would have.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,911 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    Last 2 options :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I call premades townies even though I play with most of them.

Random generated sim are just unimportant random sims to me. They serve no purpose but annoy me with their usually awful random generated appearances. I go to great lengths to keep them out of my game.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    They would be so much better if the game had a better system implemented.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    My only main issue with townies is the fact that their outfits are often horrific. The game is supposed to be running on a "Smart Sim" engine (according to EA), but it can't even comprehend how to put a basic outfit together properly! It's honestly annoying. I wish the game would be smarter when generating random Sims into the worlds.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    I think I have referred to all three of those options as townies at different points in times haha.

The first option though, I've just started calling them pre-mades. The random townies that are unique to our own games and randomly generated are the true townies though I'd say. I like to adopt them and give them makeovers when I have the time
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    I've not found an ugly sim yet, even after a couple hundred makeovers of randoms. Found more gems, to be honest. And quite a few of them have been hauled into my families. Their appearance would be so much better if they were from the Styled Outfits category, or basegame only, with NO accessories.
  • ElnVldElnVld Posts: 22 Member
    An ugly nuisance
    They are the ones who ruin my game since Sims1!:((
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    An ugly nuisance
    There's no room for them in my game, now or ever.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited January 2021
    I call the premades, townies because they shipped with the game and the random-generated, NPCs

But when I think about it I usually say “Premade” or “Random” in front of townie.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I always called Townie as a premade who dont have a house or dont live anywhere, like the Holly Alto dan other celebrities that dont live in anywhere else.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    An ugly nuisance
    This is the obvious option
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited January 2021
    Randomly generated sims
    I want to support the "ugly" townies. I hate that word both in game and in real life. All Sim townies are welcome in my game and I could never call anyone a nuisance just because she/he is not pretty enough. I'm an anti-bullying supporter and it goes for Sims too.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited January 2021
    Randomly generated sims
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Kind of like how you separated them, sims premade by the devs are premades to me. Townies are the random abominations the game generates endlessly and you cannot turn off.

this.

npc i use for like service sims like maid or repairman though in ts4 these roles also filled by annoying randomly generated sims

i also use it for any sims that spawn to fill certain role like say crumplebottom or burglar or yamachan
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    logion wrote: »
    They would be so much better if the game had a better system implemented.

yeah, like toggle to make them not exist.
    yes id love that.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    I go through my manage households once in awhile, and get rid of ones I don’t like. I also have a large rotation, and I see them as well with the townies.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Randomly generated sims
    C0lESrJ.jpg
    The Good Looking One, like above, I am currently playing now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy