Sul sul Simmers! Join the celebration and tune into our Twitch live stream today, Feb 25th, @11 AM PT / 7 PM UTC! 🎉
Feburary 25: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
February 26 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

How much are your bills?

This could be for either Sims, Sims 2,Sims 3 or Sims 4. I hope this is a good place to ask this question.
Also, I’m really curious to know other simmers bills when you own a mansion or mansion like house.

Right now my sims currently reside in a mansion and their bills are in the $16,000 for sims 4. In sims 3 I believe their bills for their mansion was between $6,000 to $8,000.
I honestly forgot how much bills are for an average house so I can’t speak for that at the moment 😅😅.

Comments

• telmarinatelmarina Posts: 3,826 Member
    My sims live in a little home with 2 bedrooms and 1bath in sulani and they're paying over 2000. But they have expensive fitness machines in the balcony...
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 135 Member
    One of my families have a house worth around 300,000 Simoleons and their bills are now 14,000 Simoleons. It started at 12,000. I don't know why it increased, I never added onto their house. The bills here are way too much. I have to type "motherlode" every three Sim weeks, since only one Sim is earning Simoleons and he does not get even half the bills amount in one week. Another house is worth 150,000 Simoleons and her bills are 2,000 Simoleons. Another house in Sulani are paying 1,500 Simoleons. I would really like to know how the lot tax of the bills are worked out because that is what makes the bills so high and this figure seems quite unbalanced.
  • KeitaDarkwolfKeitaDarkwolf Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't understand what is going on with lot taxes anymore. My lot taxes used to be S11,000. Now, having changed absolutely nothing about their house, the lot tax is suddenly S27,000. Well, that's not entirely true. I have the NAP "eco-friendly appliances" running. The NAP inspector kept saying they weren't in compliance and their taxes would be higher. Which, you know, fair enough. So I had my Sims upgrade everything. One would expect them to pay less tax now, yeah? NO! More than twice what they used to pay.

I really don't get it. Is it a bug?
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 230 Member
    I don't understand what is going on with lot taxes anymore. My lot taxes used to be S11,000. Now, having changed absolutely nothing about their house, the lot tax is suddenly S27,000. Well, that's not entirely true. I have the NAP "eco-friendly appliances" running. The NAP inspector kept saying they weren't in compliance and their taxes would be higher. Which, you know, fair enough. So I had my Sims upgrade everything. One would expect them to pay less tax now, yeah? NO! More than twice what they used to pay.

I really don't get it. Is it a bug?

Probably a bug, but maybe the appliances are worth more upgraded? That might increase your lot value, but not by that much.
    Gallery: mklamb56
    Account shared by 2 sisters, I'm the oldest and the only forum user :blush:
    If it's good with bad spelling my sis made it, if it's junk with good spelling I did.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 1,944 Member
    Bills seem to be much more expensive now, my sims bills are always around 3500
    HITMAN-EPISODE-2-SAPIENZA_01.jpg
    ✨ manifesting an italian inspired world ✨
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 48 Member
    teamjen wrote: »
    This could be for either Sims, Sims 2,Sims 3 or Sims 4. I hope this is a good place to ask this question.
    Also, I’m really curious to know other simmers bills when you own a mansion or mansion like house.

Right now my sims currently reside in a mansion and their bills are in the $16,000 for sims 4. In sims 3 I believe their bills for their mansion was between $6,000 to $8,000.
    I honestly forgot how much bills are for an average house so I can’t speak for that at the moment 😅😅.

the bills are more expensive in sims 4 probably because the bills are less frequent
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,735 Member
    edited February 22
    One of my families have a house worth around 300,000 Simoleons and their bills are now 14,000 Simoleons. It started at 12,000. I don't know why it increased, I never added onto their house. The bills here are way too much. I have to type "motherlode" every three Sim weeks, since only one Sim is earning Simoleons and he does not get even half the bills amount in one week. Another house is worth 150,000 Simoleons and her bills are 2,000 Simoleons. Another house in Sulani are paying 1,500 Simoleons. I would really like to know how the lot tax of the bills are worked out because that is what makes the bills so high and this figure seems quite unbalanced.

Inflation. And maybe your Sim-Politicos need to pay for their next tropical junket to Salami (oh...sorry, Sulani) for "diplomatic relations". :p
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 298 Member
    My sims bills increased from $5000 to $6000 for their three bedroom house, two bathrooms and a huge swimming pool.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 95 Member
    My sims' lot taxes are in the neighborhood of $12-15,000 for the Markov households, my main family that has spread out through Newcrest.

Of course, they don't pay anything near that. Between eco-friendly bill discount items and the Frugal trait on the adults, they end up paying closer to $4,000 a week, which is peanuts compared to the 5% interest they earn on their vast Scrooge McDuck-sized fortune thanks to the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. Paying four grand's no big deal when you're passively earning $200,000 or more.