Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Occult, Wacky and Weird Share Your Game

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
Would anyone be interested in a Share Your Game discussion that focuses on the wacky, weird, and occults related gameplay, households or builds?

Open to things like, in no particular order, the new spooky or paranormal stuff, Vampires, Aliens, Magicals, Fae, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Haunted house builds, Alien/futuristic builds, post-apocalyptic play and builds, Mad Scientists, superheroes, creatures or any other wacky, weird shenanigans. The wacky and weird doesn't necessarily have to be occult to fit in here.

If you want to share What Happened In Your Weird Game Today, show off a sim, your household, a lot, a room or ask questions, ask where somebody found a mod or CC, share something you've discovered or just chat with each other this is a great place to do so.

Screenshots admired but not required.

Bonus points for funny or cool. ;)
Post edited by Catzilla on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    What happened in your weird game today 🤣🤣 amazing idea! I'll be bookmarking this one :)
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    my spellcaster, blaise, was experimenting and later discovered a new potion recipe. not long after her cat, wayward, commented upon her findings (i assume this is because he was still summoned as her familiar).

nf1vymF.png

(i personally found it quite sweet, even if it was just a small comment)
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @XxTigertailxX Wayward is a great name for a cat and that was a sweet comment. I haven't tried out the familiars yet (or brooms), def going to have to do it now!
    @catzilla thank you ^^ i wanted it to feel "mystical" yet also fit a feline, so it's nice to know that it does

also, you should definitely try familiars, they have a few special perks that i find quite interesting (i'd particularly recommend using pets as familars, as they can go forage for ingredients - which is extremely helpful if you'd rather not traverse the realm for items)

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Almost everything that happens in my game ends up in the What Happened in Your Game Today thread, and it feels weird to post the same thing in two places. But I did get this funny shot while setting up family portraits the other day - Alexander Goth has trouble with his flying mop while his wife Ivy seems to have better luck with her broom.
    xy82jF1.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    Oh goodie another place to share my nonsense...heh I was excited I finally got a scared sim but it was funny how....at least to me.
    Tok5tvJ.png
    This guy I think his name is Jorge haven't played him in a while but he's Lilith's husband and he was mid run off tired of their nonsense, probably should have taken another pic but his son and niece were texting off to the side. Yeah I'd be afraid of silent texting teenagers too Jay lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Count me in!
    turns out that specters like potion offerings :) (blaise offered a specter one and it gave her a gift before leaving)

JvqlDEu.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I don't play with occults much, but I've gotten quite attached to my alien/mermaid hybrid, Micah Zimmer. His human form kind of functions as his disguise, while I view his mermaid form as his true form. He has primarily mermaid powers, but he inherited the alien skin tone and can also do the alien secret handshake with other aliens. He's currently dating a mermaid, so I'm curious to see if any future children might inherit any alien attributes/ability to the handshake, or if they will be purely mermaid.

D7S5GQ1.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    I got a couple pics for no real reason.
    xUxy8KR.png
    That is one happy ghostie, I don't know if it's the same one or not but I call him Cooper, my sim is glowing cause he shared his sparkles with him or whatever ha.
    BRWS99H.png
    I like Bonehilda, I like that she gets flirty cause I mean..we have scarecrow love why not, the water amuses me though cause it just falls on the floor and she cleans it up...shame shame skelly.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I love this idea so much!

I'd love to start sharing my simming shenanigans more regularly - I just felt like I never really had an appropriate place to do it but now I have!
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’ve been trying out the Paranormal Stuff Pack with a new sim I made called Delphine LaBette. Delphine is blind but uses her psychic abilities to see and interact with the world around her.

FBEF5-D21-39-B3-4316-87-E8-CC0274-DFAF32.jpg

It’s been kinda fun adapting her to try and play as if she’s blind so no bookcases etc.

She has maxed out Medium skill and is a Paranormal Investigator, going out to people’s houses to stomp out unwanted spectral invasions o:)

She has the brave trait, so when she’s at a house and things are getting creepy, she’s usually the only one keeping cool.

I’m now working on her baking skill because you’re never too dead for cookies!
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've been thinking of how to explain my game, and I think the coolest way to go about it is in a Tales From the Darkside-esque introduction to the world. For those not familiar with it, Tales From the Darkside was a horror anthology series from the 1980's. The episodes themselves were kind of average, and many were just silly. However, the intro and the outro are fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xKZs_ApkSk

So, imagine what follows in that kind of voice.

bSQGdUZ.png

The coastal counties of the Commonwealth of Gilscarbo have long been known for their connection to dark stories and legends. It has always seemed as though the land itself, often shrouded in the rains and mists of the sea, harbors a seething anger and malice. And so it is with Brindleton Bay.

mNTO20f.jpg

Reverend Whitfield Brindleton, for whom the town was named, rose to prominence on his fire-and-brimstone sermons and condemnation of heretical thought. His flock saw him as truly blessed, but his good fortune was no mere accident. Brindleton had made a deal with the shamans of the indigenous inhabitants of the bay area. He agreed to halt further expansion into their lands and pledged that he would not interfere in their rituals and traditions in return for a relatively small plot of land on the southern portion of the coast, where Whiskerman's Wharf currently stands. The shamans agreed, and all was well, for a time.

Brindleton's ambition grew, and he plotted to take more than what he was promised. He turned his congregation against the shamans. They were captured, tried and burned at the stake as witches. And with their dying breath they cursed the land, unleashing a dark power that they had kept in check for a millennium.

F1h8leT.jpg

Prideful as he was cruel, Reverend Brindleton built his manor upon the site of the burning. Completed in 1643, he lived in it for not six months before meeting his untimely demise. He was found lying on the floor, his body contorted, his face twisted and fixed upon some unseen horror.

For generations, Brindleton House passed from owner to owner, with each suffering misfortune and mishap. It was finally sealed up in 1801 and lay cursed and abandoned. For a time.

OoN1gg4.jpg

A powerful and well connected wizard, Lord Daniel Herridge was incensed at being passed over for the vacant position of Sage of Untamed Magic. Unable to put this slight behind him, he cut ties with the Council of Magic and set out to seek revenge. He and his wife, the Lady Muriel Herridge, soon learned of the story of Brindleton House. Purchasing the lot for a pittance in 1897, they soon moved in and began conducting experiments.

The results were catastrophic. The ensuing ripples along the ethereal plane shook the very foundations of the magic realm, resulting in the shattered appearance we see today. Acting quickly, the Council sent agents to hunt down the rogue wizards and stem further disaster. The Herridges were apprehended, tried, convicted and sentenced to death. Their mausoleum overlooks Brindleton House to this day, and the manor itself was sealed once again.

It was in the 1930's that vampires stumbled upon it. There was something about the place that they found irresistible. Blood tasted better when consumed there. The soil made rest more potent. It was soon that Vladislaus Straud, Prince of San Myshuno, purchased the property to use as his own personal retreat.

The tremors began again, and the Council of Magic sought to drive the vampires out. For 30 years a secret war raged in the shadows. Wizards and vampires hunted each other in the dark hours of the night. Corporations conducted financial war as pawns of their respective shadowy owners. Crime families and street gangs vied for turf at the behest of their dark masters. It became apparent that victory may never be had by either side.

U3BNB3z.jpg

In 1972, after decades of conflict, the sages met with Prince Straud. The Council of Forgotten Hollow met for 17 days and came to an agreement known as the Brindleton Compact. Straud would agree to keep vampires out of Brindleton Bay. In return, the sages agreed to withdraw from the Commonwealth of Gilscarbo entirely and provide Straud with home game tickets for the entirely of the San Myshuno Gaelics '73-'74 season.

A generation passed. New sages assumed their roles. A rebellion threatened to unseat Prince Straud but was ended, greatly reducing the Prince's influence in Gilscarbo.

XVy3dOq.jpg

Others have taken advantage of the Prince's weakness. A new vampire clan moved against Straud. The holding corporation that owned Brindleton House was purchased outright. A new vampire lord moved in to the manor and began to draw upon its power. Unable to oust each other, detente was called. The two sides coexist in a delicate and temporary peace. From his seat in the Hollow, the Prince claims control of Windenburg and Britechester, as well as the Arts Quarter, Fashion District and Uptown in San Myshuno. The upstarts control Brindleton Bay and have wrested the Spice Market from Straud. Each side eyes the other, probing for weakness.

ncMZOcb.jpg

The tremors have begun again. As the sages struggle to keep the ethereal ripples from tearing the magic realm apart, the Council of Magic has dispatched Master Wizard Vibius Quentin to Gilscarbo to ascertain the state of the treaty violation and assess the political situation on the ground. Action will need to be taken, but the new faction involved will certainly complicate things.
    Post edited by OEII1001 on
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited January 2021
    Suzumi the Sparrow was a top notch student and excels at science and programming. While she was still in high school, she was approached by a stranger who asked her to pull off a huge cyberheist for him and in exchange he'd make all of her dreams come true! Well, he didn't! He gave her the Rite of Ascension and she became a spellcaster. And she's terrible at it! Her magic is so unstable she often overcharges just doing a basic spell! But it also gave her mystical insight into the spirit world. While she still prefers a good old fashioned serum to any spellcaster's potion, she's in love with the voices from the other side! Maybe she's not meant to be a hacker after all? Can she make a living talking to the spirits of the dead?

CDXu0Ue.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,906 Member
    tFoFda9.png
    Body is 4 characters too short. -no it is not anymore..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited January 2021
    Vlad dropped by for a midnight snack my sims' second night in their new house. While Vlad was creeping around the front door a few little spectres flew out and harassed him and actually ran him off. I lol'd and lol'd again when he came back the next night a had a big snack on my sim and the poor guy had to go to work the next morning exhausted.

The paranormal stuff pack has some good things going on in it but oh boy the new 1970's clothes that came with it are going to be the new eyeball ring for me (sorry, design team, it's one of my least favorite style periods ever). Where's that little yuck emoji when you need it? lol
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    After literal real life months as a scientist (I've been playing this sim in the same career since October), Eric finally reached the top of the career and travelled to the Sixam outpost.

01-28-21-12-38-36-AM.png

He impressed the locals with his dance "skills"
    01-28-21-7-31-48-PM.png

Swam in the pink lakes
    01-28-21-12-38-11-AM.png
    01-28-21-12-35-41-AM.png

And enjoyed the out of this world scenary
    01-28-21-12-34-26-AM.png
    01-28-21-12-37-12-AM.png