Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to buy Paranormal SP?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, at release day
    To be honest, I was on the fence once I saw the official trailer and it showed seances. I thought the pack was too occultist. Then I was able to watch the recorded Live Stream presentation, and I learned our Sims don't have to participate in a seance in order to get into the Paranormal Investigator career. Yay. Besides, I love the wall-paper!

ETA: I woke up on the day of release and just that quickly changed my mind. I don't like the Occult, and knowing what I do about ghosts, seances, and candles with black flames, I opted to bypass it. I'm still firm in my choice today. I think it's just not for me. Have fun!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes, at release day
    I'm buying on release day. I'm ready... to get scared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoY2n9Jxm-c
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes, at release day
    Absolutely!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes, at release day
    Bastet wrote: »
    I wish it was a game pack, but I love occult/magic/paranormal gameplay so I can't wait!

I feel the same way just feel it would have made a better GP rather than an SP.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes, at release day
    oh yeah!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yes, but i'll wait for a sale
    I always buy with sales. Though for the next sale I'm going to be going for Snowy Escape so it'll be a minute.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • TSPJTSPJ Posts: 27 Member
    Yes, at release day
    For a stuff pack, it's pretty stuffed. So, I'll get it day 1. Also, it's not that expensive anyway and it'll be nice to have some more supernatural things in the game. *cough* Werewolves, please?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes, eventually
    Yes, eventually, doesn't have to be on sale. I'm easily tempted with the build buy objects, and I'll probably buy whatever SP comes out unless I hate the theme. I'll be more discerning on EP and GP though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Yes, at release day
    I had thought this would be one I waited on because I'm not much into supernatural play, but I'm sold after watching the livestream and several videos on YouTube and Twitch.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I might get it on sale at some point, but it's way too early for me to decide yet.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes, at release day
    Absolutely! I've watched several of the gamechangers and so far, the content looks really amazing, I'm stoked for this pack.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes, at release day
    I will have to watch gameplay from a source that is not affiliated with EA/Maxis or the gamechangers program first before deciding if it is even worth any cost for me to purchase. That is with all of the Sims 4 content.

Several of the gamechangers actually give very unbiased reviews. EnglishSimmer and Plumbella specifically tend to have fair judgment and aren't afraid to call things out that are bad. I know for sure that EnglishSimmer uses all packs in her run through. I'd check out their coverage if you need some reviews.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes, eventually
    Of course! This will bring some fun into my game. Though Im going to see if I can get another Amazon giftcard soon to take a few bucks off. I almost never pay anywhere near full price for packs anymore. xD
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, at release day
    normally I hold off on buying stuff packs day 1 this one though is a Day 1 buy for me it is filled with lots of stuff and looks really good for an sp I hope they keep this trend going
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • airiekaairieka Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, at release day
    it's the 26th here in aus and usually the games are on the dates they say they're going to be released but it isn't out yet, i wonder if it'll be out in a few hours
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, at release day
    airieka wrote: »
    it's the 26th here in aus and usually the games are on the dates they say they're going to be released but it isn't out yet, i wonder if it'll be out in a few hours

I think it's in 26th at 11am pacific time (usa).
    I know it'll be 26th 6pm where i am.
    But here in europe and in the usa it's still the 25th...
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes, eventually
    I will wait to see how buggy it is before I decide when to get it. I got burned on Eco Lifestyle and will now wait until the major bugs are patched before I purchase for every pack.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Yes, at release day
    That dress jacket with the jeans :wink:
    I really just love the style, and the gameplay looks better than most for a stuff pack
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No, i'm not interested
    The haunting feature, though thankfully optional, is of negative interest, as is the associated career. The sometimes buy-savers of CAS & bb fail as well. The CAS because 70s hippie didn't impress me the first time around and does less in the pack. The bb has some nice things in it, but due to everything being in bright colors, nothing in there I can use in ordinary builds. Better try than usual, but three strikes and they're out.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes, eventually
    I say eventually because I still have several mods that are not confirmed compatible with the new update. And I am in the midst of playing through Jungle Adventure. Plus I just got Island Living for Christmas, so I am not ready for something new just yet. But soon.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Yes, at release day
    Yes, I like the theme, and that they created a job where you can actually go to work, so to speak. I want more of that. All in all I wish the pack was deeper, but it's a stuff pack sadly, so we take what we can get.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Other
    I'm still debating on this. I'm not sure how I feel about build and buy, I do like CAS, and well the gameplay is debatable for me. So I'm not sure at this time...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Yes, at release day
    I'm going to get it, I already had money on my console since October, usually I wait for stuff to be on sale, originally the money was suppose to be for Get to work but seeing as I didn't have enough for that pack and this one fits my play style anyways, it all worked out in my opinion.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, but i'll wait for a sale
    Packs tend to go on sale really fast. Although this pack is really tempting so we shall see... but I don't have much free time leftover with WoW.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other

Several of the gamechangers actually give very unbiased reviews. EnglishSimmer and Plumbella specifically tend to have fair judgment and aren't afraid to call things out that are bad. I know for sure that EnglishSimmer uses all packs in her run through. I'd check out their coverage if you need some reviews.

Over the years, the impression I have gotten from gamechangers is not a positive one. Same with the last time I watched a livestream by the Devs. That is why I prefer to watch smaller content creators which have no affiliation with the program or the game company.