March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How High is Your Expectations/Excitement For The 21st Franchise Anniversary?

13...Next

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Neutral. I am neither Excited nor Unexcited in the upcoming Anniversary.
    21st doesn't strike me as special. Maybe 25th.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Not Excited (Low) I do not expect them to do something big for the anniversary
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Instead of giving us a hottub or whatever, I prefer them finally adding a much bigger feature such as cars or updated babies.. it has been 6+ years already..

Personally I couldn't care less about a new bed or new hottub, even IF that object is iconic to the Sims' franchise. I think this game needs more substance instead of more chairs and tables at this point.

Probably will not happen though..

oh come on, cuz we're trying to be realistic here, of course would be much better to have new patched gameplay but as they probably won't, would be cool to get old furniture back, to at least get something. we'll be lucky if they even make a tweet about the anniversary
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I just wish that they have something big for TS4 before the end of the Fiscal Year.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I know that the community was super excited last year and we ended up with a reskinned hot tub for base game. Sure it was nice for folks that didn't have the pack that had the hot tubs in them but... I've not once used the gifted hot tub. We will be lucky if we get anything at all this time around other than recolored items for base game that were previously in purchased packs. I have become skeptical and pessimistic in my adult years.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Despite the big announcement that several CC creators have been hired to add something to an upcoming patch, I still am expecting something similar to a repeat of last year's hot tub debacle, instead of sweeping improvements to the mechanics of the game as many desire (myself included).
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited February 2021
    If wishes were horses beggars would ride I believe is how the saying goes. I realise EA could care less about those of us who buy their product and that money is all that they care about. I have more belief in other things than I do with anything mind-blowing for us in the community or them giving us what they think we want but not how we want. Too many people wanted Bonehilda back but they don't like how we have her back for example. It's like that with everything that we ask for and that we get in the game.

I don't blame the Sims team for the lacklustre packs put out but EA for not giving the adequate resources and time needed to create the best the Sims team can give us. I would rather have a game with a later release date with a few quirks than a game put out on time where my game crashes or is just unplayable when playing vanilla to test out new updates when we get major updates to find what is actually broken and what is not.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Excited! (High) I Cannot Wait for the possible surprises!
    I'd really love to see cars added but I don't think it will happen on the 25th. Maybe in March or April.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm neutral. I'm prepared for disappointment but hoping for the best.
    giphy.gif
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm definitely curious about what they are going to add this time and its interesting that 21 custom content creators are involved, but I think if you set yourself up to have too high expectations, it's your fault if your let down, we dont know what's coming, I cant even tell you what's going to happen to me tomorrow if anything is going to happen at all 🤣 I doubt it all I do is work, have a little dance to keep me going and sleep because of the pandemic , its best to deal with anything you dont know, is to not think to much, that's dangerous 🤣🤣
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Excitement level? High. My expectations...? The bar is very low. Very very low... so far beneath the Earth’s inner core. 😂
    p6tqefj
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Instead of giving us a hottub or whatever, I prefer them finally adding a much bigger feature such as cars or updated babies.. it has been 6+ years already..

Personally I couldn't care less about a new bed or new hottub, even IF that object is iconic to the Sims' franchise. I think this game needs more substance instead of more chairs and tables at this point.

Same here a object does nothing for me I'd much rather see something game changing like cars babies or even a whim fix tied to traits instead of it being disabled and never added to. A new chair is not going to fix over a year of horrible game packs and expansions this game needs substance not more pretty stuff to look at its bad enough we got a winter vacation without resorts give us something game changing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Same here a object does nothing for me I'd much rather see something game changing like cars babies or even a whim fix tied to traits instead of it being disabled and never added to. A new chair is not going to fix over a year of horrible game packs and expansions this game needs substance not more pretty stuff to look at its bad enough we got a winter vacation without resorts give us something game changing.

Exactly my point too. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I want it both way new objects like a heart hottub and bed and new gameplay stuff with cars.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can't remember what i've answered before, but i'm getting a bit excited now that we're just 5 days away...