Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How High is Your Expectations/Excitement For The 21st Franchise Anniversary?

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Not Excited (Low) I do not expect them to do something big for the anniversary
    If they didn't do anything huge for the 20th, which was an actual milestone anniversary, why would we expect them to do something huge for the 21st, which is just... a random year?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Definitely not really expecting anything but I still can’t help but think they had something planned for the 20th that was unstable so they delayed it by another year. That’s what I’m going to tell myself anyway...
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    They can add a lot of spectacular objects and/or maps from the previous games, but probably they will give us nothing.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Neutral. I am neither Excited nor Unexcited in the upcoming Anniversary.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    21st isn't a big anniversary. Maybe we'll get a bar to joke about it legally being old enough to drink in America but I'm not expecting anything big.

okay if they make bar item can it at least be drink tray not one of those huge bars that make no sense to place in my sims homes cause who even has full on bar in their house

I've been in a few houses that had them in the basement. Heck, my house came with a dry one. We now use it as a game Master's station with books instead of bottles.

That said, a Drink tray or something smaller would be my preference too if we got something along those lines.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We never got much before. Currently Febuary's patch is probably going to focus on everything broken in Paranormal.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    We're talking about the company that gave us a reskinned Perfect Patio hot tub for the 20th anniversary.
    Expect nothing and you'll still be disappointed. The Maxis Way!
    What would be good is some free items from previous entries like the Sims 1 heart bed. Shoot Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff had anniversary items in it. Giving it more value. It was the best stuff pack too. Good quality stuff with returning items. Sad how Sims 3 did anniversaries better and yet it was in the form of a stuff pack.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Excited! (High) I Cannot Wait for the possible surprises!
    bella_goth wrote: »
    if we happen to get another hot tub, can it please be this one

70a0792b8659ca294ad3475284ff7237.jpg

This but a bigger version of it. I'm also hoping this annivesary will bring back the heart bed as well.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I remember one year they gave us some beautiful wrought iron set with columns and patio table based on TS1 old town.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My excitement is an all time low especially after that god awful 20th anniversary. for 'the best selling the sims' series I think they shouldve done better.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

This but a bigger version of it. I'm also hoping this annivesary will bring back the heart bed as well.

I can think of much more interesting shapes...

*snickers*

But honestly, giving us a T-shirt for the 20th anniversary giveaway? You can't expect much when it's free and they do have other things to do first, and you do expect a reskin of something, but a T-SHIRT?! The worst part is that it doesn't show how they think we're unimportant, but it shows they don't think the anniversary of the game is important.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I expect... nothing at all.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    21st isn't a big anniversary. Maybe we'll get a bar to joke about it legally being old enough to drink in America but I'm not expecting anything big.

okay if they make bar item can it at least be drink tray not one of those huge bars that make no sense to place in my sims homes cause who even has full on bar in their house
    LOL I do, custom installed by hubby, we like to entertain (miss that so much these days).
    Anyway.. yeah I don’t expect anything, if they give us something it will be a nice surprise I guess.
  • mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    While I’m not bounce-off-the-walls excited, I do think Frost is teasing an update with his tweets about garden salad and color swatches - specifically one that adds favorites back to the game. It wasn’t my favorite feature in the Sims 3, but I think it could add a little more personality and individuality to my sims which would be great.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

I can think of much more interesting shapes...

okay but we're talking about iconic heart furniture from the sims 1. <3
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I hope that we could maybe get some more romantic interactions added in for the anniversary, but I highly doubt that will happen. Other things that people are suggesting on here would be cool as well. However, I can't really say if I'm excited or not since I don't even really know if they will do anything this year yet. We can hope that there will be a surprise though!
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I have absolutely zero expectations. Maybe a tweet? Last year was such a letdown.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I don't expect even a single hot tub.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I think there's a chance that something they were planning as a base game update anyway, like cars or freed babies, might be released in time for the anniversary. But I wouldn't expect them to do anything particularly special outside of that, given what they've done in the past few years.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2021
    If they celebrated what should have been a huge milestone, the big 20th anniversary, by giving us a hot tub, I think that should tell you not to expect anything for 21. Maybe we'll get another bar?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,912 Member
    Nope, not after last year.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    20th anniversary for the franchise wasn't big, they didn't do a thing for TS4 6th anniversary and the team is still working under the constraints that came with the CoVid-19.

I don't expect anything at all. At most, they'll release another spark'ed challenge.
    Happy simming!
    Nushka wrote: »
    20th anniversary for the franchise wasn't big, they didn't do a thing for TS4 6th anniversary and the team is still working under the constraints that came with the CoVid-19.

I don't expect anything at all. At most, they'll release another spark'ed challenge.

I don't think Covid could stop them from making a Heart Hottub. They've gotten used to working at home now. Just look how good Snowy Escape was.
    I'm really excited. I think we'll get a patch Tuesday since the 21 year annivesary is Thursday.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’m probably going to completely forget about it so almost anything will be a pleasant surprise.

That heart shaped bed would be cool though.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Instead of giving us a hottub or whatever, I prefer them finally adding a much bigger feature such as cars or updated babies.. it has been 6+ years already..

Personally I couldn't care less about a new bed or new hottub, even IF that object is iconic to the Sims' franchise. I think this game needs more substance instead of more chairs and tables at this point.

Probably will not happen though..