Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a Superheroes & Villains themed pack?

There is a much more in depth discussion (where I am still taking ideas) over on my main thread. I couldn't figure out how to add a poll to that thread, so I just did it here. You're welcome to discuss the pack here, but I still suggest looking at the main thread. :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985966/superheroes-villains-pack-idea/p1

Would you be interested in a Superheroes & Villains themed pack? 54 votes

Yes! I want superheroes & villains
35%
MINEZmlmeadowsMilutinMujovicjineratorGracieO312CAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtphunktasticjoe89ValeahSERVERFRAizecsonTruthGamer96CayleyCarlsonmanicobsessivetemporalgodAzukiMochiBookBearDancergal123Hauk150 19 votes
No. This type of gameplay doesn't interest me
38%
Monet11PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettAnmirlag01denswanbenson2006annaliese39Jon the WizardStrawberryYogurtForEmaleighMs_MikamaiceAngeliqueAdelaideSimmingalKimmerCangwenClousinatorsAbbyBaba729carpe_diemDragonmasterleo 21 votes
Unsure/Maybe
16%
alanmichael1Drago97232Asitextexxx78CattyBetsyLMC6255DaWaterRatCalico45Cassieb95 9 votes
Yes, but only if...
9%
BabykittyjadezensluvDriggerInuMiroLoverghamrick75 5 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Unsure/Maybe
    I would not be against it, but I am not sure if I'd like them to be a life state like an occult or not. I like aspects of both sides, because I really don't think my occults should be barred from being a villain or hero, but I would want something like a skill tree for it, too.

I'd have to see how they did it to know how happy I would be with it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My Batman/Batgirl & Superman/Wonder Woman households needs to be real Superheroes. B)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Unsure/Maybe
    I'ld ok with it if it was made the way vampires or spellcasters are. I wouldn't be interested if it's made like JtB, a quest to happen in one world without integration with the rest of the game...
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, but only if...
    I say sure. But only if they make it more of a skill tree or like the celebrity system, and not a Life State. My witches and vamps should be able to be super villains or heroes. The second condition, is that they need to make villains truly VILLAINOUS and INTERESTING. They should be able to strike FEAR (using the new emotion!) in the hearts of NPCs everywhere.

I think superheroes and villains already tie in well with Get famous, and the celebrity and the reputation systems. I already kind of have a super villain in my game. She's a celebrity but has the WORST reputation. She goes around town with her freeze ray wreaking havoc on unsuspecting Sims. She especially loves crashing a festival while live streaming the entire thing on her drone!

I think I'd prefer improved mischief and mean interactions in general. It's really been overlooked by the devs so far.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Unsure/Maybe
    Like with Magic and Faeries, I'm not sure that the Sims engine could do Supers in a way that I'd find truly satisfying. I played Champions for years. I'm spoiled by an expansive, customizable, can build almost any power you like system.

Then again, as with Magic, knowing that they can't do what I'd like to see, I think I'd appreciate any version they did include. Especially if it came with some actual consequences for playing a Villain and some cross pack integration with the Detective career with Get to Work.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited January 2021
    I would always love more dark alleys in the game and more evil things to do but :/still must say nah it does not exactly fit in my playstyle where villains roam free and superheroes do not exist

and knowing sims4 it would probably just focus on the toddler friendly things like "villains can make mean expressions at babies and make them cry!" which i mean fine but not exactly what i was looking for
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @Calico45 @zensluv I just wanted to let you guys know I took your ideas of heroes & villains not being tied to a specific lifestate into consideration and updated the main Superheroes thread. Mainly as long as they get their own power tree, I'm cool with it not being a separate lifestate. :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've been an advocate for different types of packs, but superheroes in a Sims game has never interested me.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    @Calico45 @zensluv I just wanted to let you guys know I took your ideas of heroes & villains not being tied to a specific lifestate into consideration and updated the main Superheroes thread. Mainly as long as they get their own power tree, I'm cool with it not being a separate lifestate. :)

I'm somewhere in-between in favor of a life state or just powers you can gain. The latter would be more of a challenge (which personally I really like), but in all honesty, I'm not sure. Makin' Magic has done it before with "witches". It wasn't a life state, but something you can just learn to do. That's what I wish they would have done with Spellcasters in the Sims 4 if I'm being honest. But then again, on the other hand it would become very OP if you're playing as another certain occult race.
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I already try to make them with the stuff we already have, but it would be lots of fun to actually have them.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    AzukiMochi wrote: »

I'm somewhere in-between in favor of a life state or just powers you can gain. The latter would be more of a challenge (which personally I really like), but in all honesty, I'm not sure. Makin' Magic has done it before with "witches". It wasn't a life state, but something you can just learn to do. That's what I wish they would have done with Spellcasters in the Sims 4 if I'm being honest. But then again, on the other hand it would become very OP if you're playing as another certain occult race.

I'm kind of in between myself if I'm being honest. But that's why I just updated the thread with the option of there being either a new life state or just a separate power tree/perks. I mean I do agree it could become very OP but I also get the point of other occults not being "locked out" you know?
    BookBear wrote: »
    I already try to make them with the stuff we already have, but it would be lots of fun to actually have them.

I'm glad you think so. :blush: And yes, I already try to make heroes and villains too, lol. Especially with re-creating some of my favorites.

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes, but only if...
    Only if the evil trait actually means something in this game. If you ask me, the evil trait is no different from the mean trait. I dont want villians where the only evil things they do is just laugh at a sim who just broke up with their SO.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Unsure/Maybe
    I'm not sure if that kind of gameplay would suit the sims, but I'm not against different things.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Here is the billionaire Cason Gold

f2ef14b276b1983f58b7f5dfd06c9091.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9UWhwWW9GYWp5STJ1NlNvbTVrZnpXQk9jQVpOX1pRVVkmcD0wJm49eHV2RWVPTkZXbVNsZjdub3NDcDB5dyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQ25j

Cason Gold is the Secret Identity of the Wraith,

118c13d1dd22f8f3665286d4056ea8b7.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9RWtfZnpKQzM1aE9qSWlaS1cwWU9GN2VsaUNaZWpyS2UmcD0wJm49Z1dIRjhQbFpWOUxWZUh0T0FRQXpPUSZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQ3RV

Together with his right hand woman and mad scientist best friend they seek to rule the world

7c28c6cb7cfda76e9ec0aae38c544a19.jpg

Bonus Pic

6708b9617e94462a3091dcd652f83ac9.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9Q3laUjh3LXNYaV9mOHdoQ25tcDVjXzdaMXRJMlhhVmQmcD0wJm49UDAxRXZVcmJ1T0tnMm1rN1RfOUJqZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQzZZ

So who will accept the Wraith's invitation and Join The League of Evil Cohorts!
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    No, I'm not interested.
    Here is the billionaire Cason Gold

f2ef14b276b1983f58b7f5dfd06c9091.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9UWhwWW9GYWp5STJ1NlNvbTVrZnpXQk9jQVpOX1pRVVkmcD0wJm49eHV2RWVPTkZXbVNsZjdub3NDcDB5dyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQ25j

Cason Gold is the Secret Identity of the Wraith,

118c13d1dd22f8f3665286d4056ea8b7.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9RWtfZnpKQzM1aE9qSWlaS1cwWU9GN2VsaUNaZWpyS2UmcD0wJm49Z1dIRjhQbFpWOUxWZUh0T0FRQXpPUSZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQ3RV

Together with his right hand woman and mad scientist best friend they seek to rule the world

7c28c6cb7cfda76e9ec0aae38c544a19.jpg

Bonus Pic

6708b9617e94462a3091dcd652f83ac9.jpg?epik=dj0yJnU9Q3laUjh3LXNYaV9mOHdoQ25tcDVjXzdaMXRJMlhhVmQmcD0wJm49UDAxRXZVcmJ1T0tnMm1rN1RfOUJqZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FUQzZZ

So who will accept the Wraith's invitation and Join The League of Evil Cohorts!

Oh wow. I absolutely love this whole storyline you came up with, and the characters too.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Don't make them occult, so that my vampire Sims can be a neighborhood superhero. Make them as a status like celebrity system.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    He's like the supervillain equivalent to Spawn/Ghostrider, sold his soul for power to a powerful being after dying & being sent to the netherworld, the pitch black skin and pure white eyes were there to give him a Noob Saibot like appearance, Noob is Mortal Kombat ninja character if you're wondering.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I want to dress my Sims like a Kamen Rider, ea pls
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited January 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    I want to dress my Sims like a Kamen Rider, ea pls

that sounds Bad@ss, Kamen Rider has some sick looking costumes. EDIT: good thing a found a loophole around the censorship.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes, but only if...
    Only if it includes hordes of zombies to fight against
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    maybe add a hire minions feature like how you hire employees for your sim's businesses.
    @izecson A vampire superhero/villain would be awesome. And actually, I've been thinking... I think I'd be totally okay if they aren't exactly a new occult, but I defintely want them to have their own power branch.

@temporalgod That's actually really creative. I always enjoy hearing where people's inspiration comes from. I also really like your idea of having a "hire minions" option.

@Babykittyjade Actually one of my power suggestions was Necromancy... so if that one gets added maybe zombies are possible?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It pretty much sounds like ROM again which I have no desire to see now if they would add actual fighting animations not cloud fighting I might be interested in a pack like this
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Oh my god yes! I've mentioned in another thread how it came to me the other week how cool it would be. You could choose your costume, your powers, a superhero name. It would be awesome!