The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match?

I've heard every one talking about it for a year or so now. Is it a mod, a piece of clothing, what is Maxis Match?
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited January 2021
    doggers123 wrote: »
    I've heard every one talking about it for a year or so now. Is it a mod, a piece of clothing, what is Maxis Match?

Maxis Match is CC (custom content) that matches the Sims 4 cartoony art style. If you put it in your game, it will blend in with the rest of your maxis stuff. The hyper realistic CC you see is called alpha. It makes the game look far more realistic, which some people love and some people not so much.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Maxis Match is CC that matches the same art style that ships with the game ..... cartoony, skins have the same smooth cartoon look, clay hair, bright colors, clunky chunky furniture, everything written in simlish, etc.

Alpha CC refers to CC that uses more realistic textures ... hairs are wispy like RL hair, skins are hyper-realistic with pores showing, wrinkles around the eyes, some of them even have stretch marks, clothing is much more detailed and actually 3D moddeled, instead of just "drawn on" detailing, same thing for furniture and deco objects. TS4 art style "fakes" it alot with drawn textures on a lot of things, like some kitchen cabinetry has fake handles (which looks ok, until you look from the side and realize there is no actual handle), same thing cabinet drawers or doors, they're fake, just made to look like there's actual definition when there isn't any.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Ty! I definitely prefer Alpha for hair, but MM for everything else.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Some of it is apparently Maxis sanctioned? One person's website had a badge or something.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Ty! I definitely prefer Alpha for hair, but MM for everything else.
    Same, I use to like alpha clothes but it just started to throw me off with its realism. Still largely prefer alpha hair because straight hair looks 1000 times better that way. However, curly or Afro texture hair looks better maxis to me.
    Maxis Match is CC that matches the same art style that ships with the game ..... cartoony, skins have the same smooth cartoon look, clay hair, bright colors, clunky chunky furniture, everything written in simlish, etc.

Alpha CC refers to CC that uses more realistic textures ... hairs are wispy like RL hair, skins are hyper-realistic with pores showing, wrinkles around the eyes, some of them even have stretch marks, clothing is much more detailed and actually 3D moddeled, instead of just "drawn on" detailing, same thing for furniture and deco objects. TS4 art style "fakes" it alot with drawn textures on a lot of things, like some kitchen cabinetry has fake handles (which looks ok, until you look from the side and realize there is no actual handle), same thing cabinet drawers or doors, they're fake, just made to look like there's actual definition when there isn't any.

Not too be rude but I believe you forgot to add for Alpha CC: Goes way into Uncanny Valley, clips even worse, makes townies look like idiots, and clashes against the background.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Not too be rude but I believe you forgot to add for Alpha CC: Goes way into Uncanny Valley, clips even worse, makes townies look like ❤️❤️❤️❤️, and clashes against the background.

That isn't true for all alpha CC, moreover, that's is more of an opinion than a fact.
    candyboot wrote: »
    BookBear wrote: »

Not too be rude but I believe you forgot to add for Alpha CC: Goes way into Uncanny Valley, clips even worse, makes townies look like ❤️❤️❤️❤️, and clashes against the background.

That isn't true for all alpha CC, moreover, that's is more of an opinion than a fact.

sorry