Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRAAS rotational play question about butlers

I play rotationally using NRAAS. All of my families have progressed to having large houses with live in butlers. 100% of the time when I rotate back into a family, the butler is gone, the house is a huge mess and I have to hire a new one. Is there a setting I can choose to keep that from happening? Note that in game story progression is turned off.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    Somewhere on this forum (probably in a couple of places from years ago) you will find a long lecture from me on what a butler really is. Meaning, the head of the household/estate staff. It's a very important position and involves many things including downstairs staff management, announcing important guests to the upstairs residents and facilitating the handover of calling cards, overseeing the care and polishing of the silver, handling the household's finances, and forever bringing their employer little things on (polished) silver trays. The silver obsession is a downright requirement of the position. Typically the chef (or other appointed head of the kitchens), sommelier, and head of housekeeping would report directly to them, although head of housekeeping might be an almost parallel position. Being in charge of the household's fleet of vehicles and the chauffeurs/drivers depends on the size of the estate and whether it actually has any. In smaller households, they may sometimes cover the functions of a valet.

None of this has anything to do with mopping floors, taking out garbage, doing laundry or dishes, changing babies, or cleaning toilets. The entire notion of a butler even thinking about doing such things in their place of service is downright appalling -- what they may do on their days off is of course up to them. :)

Okay, the real answer is that you may want to bring this issue to us at NRaas if no one here has a better solution. I lost patience with TS3 butlers myself many years ago, not really for the reasons outlined above, and just don't use them anymore. Maids and babysitters, sometimes but those aren't permanent staff. If I want a household servant to keep the place clean and/or take care of the little ones, then I add them in as a member of the household and usually control them myself when I play the household actively.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @igazor: :mrgreen: TL:DR - That's what a maid is for. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Thank you @igazor for your informative rant. :D I sure miss the butlers of TS2. :(