Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survivors - The River

Comments

• TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited February 2021
    Episode 15 – The Trade Station

Music
    Greg Preston’s Diary 23th of September 2725 AD
    I sold a few items I brough with me at the market square (*)
    Yesterday I met with the other six members of the Ent Council. A very interesting experience. We all discussed what have happened in the community since the spring meeting. Basically, the only difficulty the mountain village have is to produce enough food. There was a massive interest from the Council to discuss how we could deliver more and faster.

UgIQDxa.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 27th of September 2725 AD
    With Greg traveling, I took the responsibility to guide and teach the students, this was actually a very fun period for me, spending more time with them.

KloWPuq.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 29th of September 2725 AD
    Yesterday I had a meeting with Queny Wilson, the Council member responsible for production and food supply in the village. She suggested that her department of the council could set up a trade station in the river settlement. The benefits of the Mountain village were obvious, with a monthly pickup of good in “The River Settlement” they would get fresh delivery of fish, eggs and other good we could supply.
    For us this would mean a job for the person working at the trade station and often better prices. I immediately agreed.
    The trade caravan and thereby the station would have to close down if there was snow, so we expected 8-10 deliveries a year.

I will leave today, with four workers sent with me to construct the station.

MUXkTne.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 3rd of October 2725 AD
    Just arrived back today. Jenny came over and told me that that everything was fine in our settlement and that the students have behaved perfectly in my absence. Later we had a brief discussion about the trade station and we agreed that it would be best to let Charles get the job, at least the first few months. We feared how they could otherwise survive the winter.

eq8OUwE.jpg

Extracts from “The Wilderness” by Michiko Vaughan
    The builders have left our settlement and Charles has opened the trade station. I am very glad Greg have given this opportunity to my son. The first job Charles got was packing a shipment of fish from Greg’s household. The students carried the fish over, then Charles salted some, other would be delivered fresh in sealed river water containers.

UaZXTTQ.jpg

I really came to like Greg a lot, maybe I’m getting a bit attracted to him actually. Don’t really know if my feelings are mutual. Greg is a very serious man, hard to read his feelings.

sU24llu.jpg

From Greg Preston’s Report to St. John’s Educational Foundation – October 2725
    Just wanted to make a quick note that the two girls Elea Helsby and Myra Frances is now getting along much better than before, sometimes they even share a meal together at the patio.

rK1HJg8.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy after this episode:
    Greg Preston household: Cash 7.639 – Net Worth 27.926
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.365 – Net Worth 16.203
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 986 – Net Worth 7.683 (Charles get 160-200$/month working at the trade station)

Goods sold in the Mountain Village.
    Greg’s household sold 4 gem stones and 2 furs, most expensive a diamond worth 182$ and a Chipmunk fur worth 121$, total sales about 440$
    Jenny sold a book worth 40$
    Michiko sold a book and some salted fish combined worth 63$

The trade station is a consignment store. Interactions will not be auto as I want to control what and when they sell. “The community Elders” will also control who will work there.
    If someone will no longer be allowed to work there, I will give the person the previous occupation back - typically during winter close down, but also If the “Elders” prefer to change who works there.

Charles fixed the typewriter but kept the laptop.
    Still no reacted to the plants in the community lot.

The two scenes in Ent was staged, everything else auto.

The trade station is a two-store stone building, the first stone building in the settlement. Upstairs is a small bedroom, in case the trader what to stay the night before returning to the mountain village.

Qcaslsy.jpg

The members and responsibilities of the Council.

5k7Ziwu.jpg

I am aware of the error in "counsil" but will keep to save time
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    edited February 2021
    Episode 16 – Where’s my Sock?

I'm a dog and I like socks - I like socks - I'm a dog
    I'm a dog and I like socks - I like socks - I'm a dog
    Gimme that sock - Om nom nom - Gimme that
    Music
    October was the month where Charles and I got to know Elea Helsby better than before, where we practically did not know anything about her. We are not the best of friend yet, but glad just to get to know her a little better. Important in a small community to know everyone a little bit. I can now say I do.

g0cFqxY.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 31th of October 2725 AD
    Was such a great afternoon today, have been practicing my guitar all day and I don’t think I can get much better than this with the talent I got. What really made my day was when someone knocked on my door, and it was Myra all dressed up and painted in her face, coming to do a Trick-or-treat on me.

MBZVRfA.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 7th of November 2725 AD
    The first shipment from “The River Settlement” arrived at the market in Ent near the end of October. Mainly with goods sent from my household. We got rather fine prices.
    A load of salted fish was sold for 64$, best price “Rainbow Trout” at 13$ a box
    A load of fresh fish was sold for 106$ best price a dry gallon of “Rainbow Trout” at 17$
    Besides those food deliveries we also sold a very rare collectable insect, this “Spotted Beetle” got an auction price of stunning 510$
    By the way, either someone let it free or lost it. Anyway the bird is gone, so I sold the cage.

Hzwr9MY.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 9th of November 2725 AD
    Have high hopes for the Vaughan household now. Charles is doing very well with his writing finishing his 2nd work, a funny children’s book “Where’s my Sock?” doing fairly well in the mountain village. Although he is also working at the Trade Station, he has already started a 3rd book.

yADgFqv.jpg

From Myra Frances letter to her mother, written 23th of November 2725
    Dear Mother.
    Thanks for the letter Greg brought to me. Sad to hear that daddy is not feeling well, hope it is just a harmless virus he got and not a more serious condition. Myself I’m very fine down here, besides the fact that all of us got fleas most of the time, the chickens and the dogs always get infected with those.
    I’m sure this experience will help me a lot later in life. I can sense how I have become much better at talking with the people around me, you might say my empathy has developed. On a more practical level, you wouldn’t believe that a year ago, but actually I’m quite a good “fisher-woman”. Also, my good friend Jenny are teaching me to play the guitar, she is a great guitarist, sad that she is a bit shy and don’t perform more often.
    Regarding the boy I mentioned, we are still good friends, but I guess I’m over him….At least for the time being.
    NB: Love the new red shirt you send, thanks.

xVIv2Zt.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy after this episode:
    Greg Preston household: Cash 8.051 – Net Worth 28.060
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.340 – Net Worth 16.178
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.186 – Net Worth 7.881

The book titles will be those in-game. Guess the painting will be untitled, if that is the case I will title those, otherwise not.
    Still no reacted to the plants in the community lot - The scene in Ent was staged, everything else auto.

Greg is “The Collector”. Often hunting by night time, at this point he was takes home 11 gems, 6 metals, 10 rocks, and 1 beetle.
    On top of those a few fur animals not include in his "CV"

85sYyx7.jpg
    qHFSMgc.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@tamijo I remember Money! :grin:
    I enjoyed both of the updates.
    Good idea to work on getting more food to the mountain village and more cash hopefully for your settlers.
    The trade station is a great idea.
    Glad Jenny got of her house and did some teaching with the young ones.
    That is good they are looking after Charles and plan to give him the job.
    Michiko looks healthier. Wonder how Greg feels about her?
    Bummer no one is interested in gardening. Does anyone have traits that would help with that?
    The stone building looks perfect in the settlement.
    Cool, trick or treaters!
    Sounds like the trade center will do well. Hope so.
    The song was funny and I like you found the song with the title of his book.

edited February 2021
    @bekkasan - Thanks

Wonder how Greg feels about her? - me too, they have "hearts", but he never acted very interested.

Bummer no one is interested in gardening. Does anyone have traits that would help with that?
    Yes - Michiko should be perfect for it, and Greg have recently found some seed and sent them to her via mailboks.
    "Plant-action" is "disallowed" in fall/winter so hope she will do in spring - fingers crossed.

edited February 2021
    Episode 17 – Playing for Tips

Greg Preston’s Diary 28th of November 2725 AD
    The last few days we had temperatures below zero, but at least we have no snow, and we managed to send the November shipment, without the trader worrying about snow. I’m afraid this hard cold could mean that we can’t fish, if the river freeze and gets covered with ice, the lake is already frozen.

The younger settlers don’t mind the ice, it is fun

2lOfwLW.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 4th of December 2725 AD
    Elea Helsby was very helpful with packing the rather heavy shipment this month, we sent many heavy stones this time, which also shows from the pay-check we just received. This is some of the items she packed.
    A Crate with Space Rock: $527 - A pair of rare Slippers made from Shrew fur: $244 – A Cut Sapphire $90 – Two dry gallons of “Rainbow Trout” at 20 and 18$, the combined value of the shipment was 1.349$.

BA7MnIX.jpg

From Greg Preston’s Report to St. John’s Educational Foundation – December 2725
    The students are very good at getting the outdoor activities done, fishing, tend the chickens, remove the leaves, those kinds of things. But when it comes to the indoor part of the household it is not that good, old food is left in the refrigerator and broken installation are left untouched.

3EJnRar.jpg

Invited John Hallett over for a fast meal. It was a nice evening, we talked for quite some time. As an Elder I find it to be my duty to keep in contact with the students. I find him to be a nice lad, but with some hidden sadness and insecurity inside, that sometimes makes him a bit introvert.

nxmnXOu.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 19th of December 2725 AD
    The temperatures in Decembers were high that in November and although we did get a little snow it was never staying on the ground for long. We sent another shipment yesterday which was better than expected. After that I closed down the station for winter.

5x6FKXC.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 22th of December 2725 AD
    Today, for the first time I took my guitar to the “Settlement Assembly” and played for the settlers there.

FGajI0L.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 25th of December 2725 AD.
    We held our last “Settlement Assembly Meeting” today. We all agreed that the “River Settlement” was doing better after the trade station was erected and decided that we would ask the “Ent Council” if they had one or two families that might join us next season. Realising we need to grow to be able to afford some community services.

SeaGXuq.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 29th of December 2725 AD
    Due to the bit of snow that have fallen the last few day, the trade caravan reached the mountain village a few days later that usual. A messenger just came today informing that it arrived safely the 26th and all the goods was swiftly sold at the Christmas marked.
    The Vaughan House sold fresh fish worth 52$.
    My household sold gemstones worth 217$, Fresh fish and egg’s worth 93$ and Salted fish worth 44$.

bbOOqwx.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 1th of January 2726 AD
    Not my kind of thing, but some of the settlers celebrated new year at the “Settlement Assembly”, Jenny played and the dance continued until after midnight.

Ul3W9NN.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy at the turn of the Year.
    Greg Preston household: Cash 9.210 – Net Worth 29.227
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.543 – Net Worth 16.381
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.124 – Net Worth 7.819

Turns out (as for now) I can’t force my settlers not to trade, they auto go to store, they might even sell the dog with my setup!! Example: Found some seed that Greg gave to Michiko – sadly she sold at the trade station, now no seeds left to plant at springtime. Well, I wanted to have autonomy, and I go it, might be fun. Clearly the river settlement is a fishing and “hunting” village, farming might just not be for us. :#

To compensate for this I will “force plant” whenever we got seeds, but not help after the seed is in the ground.

The marked was stages and also the meeting, everything else auto.

Community Question:
    Greg got more than 5000 points, should he get “Speedy Cleaner” (or wait for 10.000): YES/NO

Myra and John talking, they look good together, but they don’t flirt

MHxHfEA.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    edited February 2021
    Episode 18 – The Snake

Music: January Hymn
    This is a quite song I love a lot - from one of my favorite albums by The Decemberists
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqDlTKqxu2w

Greg Preston’s Diary 4th of January 2726 AD
    Have been hunting a lot recently, although the snow is falling hard now it has been quite easy for me to find many interesting life forms and rocks. Today I found a highly venomous krait snake, will be interesting to show the animal to the students, just hope that don’t get a bite from this creepy fellow.

XiUVLXw.jpg

Me and Charles had a quarrel today.
    “Mother for Christ sake, why did you pay Jenny money for playing new year’s eve, you know we have so little money”
    “I like her music, and I pay whenever I want to, if we got little money it is because you have bought and sold so many ridiculous things we did not need”
    Charles left quite antagonized right after, but we are good again now. He is right, we need money so I better go fishing before the waters are all frozen.

5SNixtM.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 14th of January 2726 AD
    We noticed a hole in the roof, so we had to rebuilt, was complicated with the hard winter we have now. We managed to fix it and also extend the house with a “master bedroom”, as it was hard to sleep in the living room with so many people around me.

dVIJV3l.jpg

With the extension of the house, we could also make space for the most expensive animals I have caught, to safeguard those until the trade station opens again at springtime.

C9M6apO.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 15th of January 2726 AD
    Terry came over to me today saying:
    “As you know I will turn 20 year this month and with that my education time is over”
    “Yes I know Terry, what will you be up to then. I mean you can stay here during the winter off course.”
    “Well that is what I came to talk about, because you see I would really want to stay here longer. I know you were not too impressed with be in the beginning, but I think I have done better recently.”
    “I’ll take it up with the Elders, this is not my decision to take alone, I principal I’m fine with you staying in my house, but the elders will have to talk about the fact that you take the place of another student”
    Ok Terry said with discomfort in his voice and went outside, a tear forming in his eyes as he was looking at the perfect egg he had just collected. A softer man than you would expect at first glance.

7DbAGER.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 27th of January 2726 AD
    Having spend so much time with the guitar, I feel it is time to get back to the easel. Did only pain a single canvas since I bought the paint and easel, time to begin my 2nd.

3bIhIL0.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy end of January 2726.
    Greg Preston household: Cash 7.164 – Net Worth 28.938
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.433 – Net Worth 16.346
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.074 – Net Worth 10.169
    (don’t know why Vaughan net worth is more than 2000 higher this time, I haven’t bought them anything)

There was no hole in the roof, that was storyline, I needed to extend the house to make room for the snake, bird and chipmunk.
    This episode everything was auto

This question is still open
    Greg got more than 5000 points, should he get “Speedy Cleaner” (or wait for 10.000): YES/NO

As for now it is (1-2) "12/2 23.50"

Here is another one:
    What to do with Terry:
    A: Let him stay
    B: Make room for another student
    If B is chosen there is a 50% chance (I’ll make a coinflip) that he will end back in the mountain village, at least for a longer period of time.

(A1 - B0) 12/2 23.50

Elea Helsby and John Hallett formed a group to have some show fun together, is something cooking up there?

bqUurGH.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    I found it cute that the young ones were interested in each other, but a little sad now that they won't flirt. Oh well. If that is how the story goes, then that is how it is. The trick or treat thing was cute, though.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

Thanks for comment
    Yes with the limitations of everything auto - I guess we will only see love thanever a true match occurs, might not have that at this point.

@tamijo Looks like they are enjoying the ice!
    Nice to see the settlement working hard and the dividends paying off with the trade store.
    Good to see Michiko taking an interest in the students.
    Bummer Greg didn't participate in the celebration but nice the others did.
    Good idea to bring some new settlers in.
    I think I would wait and build more points for something that might help the settlement more unless the speedy cleaner would help him get the inside stuff cleaned up.
    I hope no one gets bit by the snake either!
    lol at Charles fussing at his Mom for spending money.
    Glad she told him off.
    I like the idea of the extension for his privacy. Perhaps a dormitory could be built later for the students.
    So, Terry would like to stay. I like the idea of Terry staying. Would he have to 'buy' his way in? Perhaps if he does he needs to go back to the village until he can do that.
    I think he needs some winter shirts! :grin:
    @bekkasan - thanks for comment.
    I don't thing the students can handle their own house :) Will just party too much :p

Regarding Terry:
    The deal is
    A: We keep the 4 students we got + Terry stays as a "paid - worker" in Greg's house (basically as it is now)
    B: We get one more student (15/16 years old) at spring time. Terry can't stay with Greg
    Then a dice roll : Either 1) He go back to "Ent" - or 2) Another solution will appear.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Tamijo : that was a nice read, all this updates were great!
    I really like your idea of letting the settlers do everything autonomous.
    I couldn´t even think of not directing my Sims into the things they should do in my opinion. Although I let them do what they like most of the time I always have to correct their behavior a few times a day. :D

To your question: I would save for more points, perhaps one of the next students will have the neat trait?

I would let Terry stay in the settlement. He is a good fishermen, he clearly can participate in the wealth of the settlement. Perhaps if everyone helps he can get his own little house? So there is room for another student.

I like the thought of @bekkasan to give the students a dormitory, although your comment about partying seems correct, perhaps they wouldn´t work so hard anymore. Maybe a dorm next to Greg`s house so he can watch over them?

Tamijo wrote: »
    @AlexaKry
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Good that they try for a (political) order, the only problem I have with it is that only the rich ones could be part of the elders assembly. The poor must have a chance, too. (and maybe some younger people should join later, too)

Yes I thought about it a lot. My conclusion was the the most realistic was that sadly the rich have ways to always get to power. Just as we have few leaders in the world under 30 but a bunch that is half dead :)
    Unfortunately you are right with this. But this is a new settlement in a world where a lot is destroyed, maybe they should try out some new orders for their own settlements? :o

It is so interesting what you achieve with the mods! My Sims seem so stupid compared to yours!!! :D:D
    @AlexaKry
    Thanks for all those nice comments. With you votes I will be no cleaner upgrade and Terry stay. As you say maybe a little later he can get a lot of his own, preferably with a lover (male or female he is bi-sex).
    Regarding the politics might consider a different setup if/once they free themselves from "Ent", as long as they are attached they will have to follow "Ent" rules. (they might be able to form an independent "town" when they no longer need "Ent" donations.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Tamijo : That makes sense, when they are supported by Ent they can´t develop their own political government.
    Hopefully they´ll become independent from Ent and can develop their own, perhaps more democratic, government!

I really think that it would be better if most of the students would stay in the town, they are needed to build it up and maybe to defend themselves against raider gangs. If they are getting bigger and wealthier they will attract covetous glances, I think?

Hopefully he finds someone who loves him and whom he can love, he deserves it, he looks so in need of help!!!
    @AlexaKry
    Will be more "settlers" coming little by little.
    My time setup is rater slow just one month a day + the "hours" set to just 0.54 of standart speed, so I'm sure he can find someone later in life.

The music for this Episode is not directly related to my story, it is a about a sim wanting to be edited in CAS to get a face that better fits his personality
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrhANwRy0
    He would see faces in movies, on T.V., in magazines, and in books....
    He thought that some of these faces might be right for him....And
    through the years, by keeing an ideal facial structure fixed in his
    mind....Or somewhere in the back of his mind....That he might, by
    force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal....The
    change would be very subtle....It might take ten years or so....
    Gradually his face would change its' shape....A more hooked nose...
    Wider, thinner lips....Beady eyes....A larger forehead.
    He imagined that this was an ability he shared with most other
    people....They had also molded their faced according to some
    ideal....Maybe they imagined that their new face would better
    suit their personality....Or maybe they imagined that their
    personality would be forced to change to fit the new appear-
    ance....This is why first impressions are often correct...
    Although some people might have made mistakes....They may have
    arrived at an appearance that bears no relationship to them....
    They may have picked an ideal appearance based on some childish
    whim, or momentary impulse....Some may have gotten half-way
    there, and then changed their minds.
    He wonders if he too might have made a similar mistake.

Episode 19 – “Gregs River”

Greg Preston’s Diary 2nd of February 2726 AD
    Last night I wrote a letter to “Ent Mountain Village Council” explaining that we had decided for Terry to stay for at least another season, so that we would not be able to take a new student this season. But that we expected to find a solution next year to be able to take a new one then.

NrbJWNB.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 4rd of February 2726 AD
    I will send Terry to The Mountain Village tomorrow. I’m too old to travel that far at winter time. It will be a good last test for him to show that he is strong enough to be an adult settler. Also got some stones for him to get melted or cut at the “Ent” mines. I would like to evaluate the results before we send them to the marked.

Myra waves goodbye as Terry leaves the settlement

r75oGll.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 14th of January 2726 AD
    I have done what I could to be more social and not stay at home alone recently. That helped a lot on my relations with everyone in the settlement, as I have been over at Greg’s much more than before. The only one in the entire settlement I do not know very well now is John Hallett

Not only has Jenny spend a lot of time at Greg’s, she also had Charles coming over a few times, now he has tried a real guitar

Ny7gsd1.jpg

The type writer got stuck as the roller would no longer be moved. It was not a huge problem, I could fix it with an hour or so.

bDtyzXm.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 19th of February 2726 AD
    Terry came back today, with a lot of new important information, I’m glad I send him.
    This is what was in the letter from “Ent Mountain Village Council”:
    It is fine that you can keep Terry with you, we talked and he is clearly very happy to stay. As it is It does not matter, as we have had a lot of interest in the village with family’s wanting to move to the lowlands. What we will do is make another settlement late spring. It will be somewhat similar to yours but further up the river. We will now officially name Your settlement “Gregs River” the new one “Nara Fields” after the Asian farmer family who initiated this new settlement. We expect them to use your trade station and hope you can work together well. As some of those families can also take students, we got enough space this year.
    As you requested, we also got a new family to join your settlement, likely to come with the first trade caravan.
    There was some aftersales from your last shipment, that we missed in our first payment. Most important a rare pair of Horned Lizzard gloves sold at 419$, the total 477$ was send with Terry.

The Stones Terry got melted or cut, resulted in this

DL2sL3H.jpg

I secretly asked Terry to get me a guitar for Charles, it is his 37th years birthday and I can’t stand to see him play in the air anymore. So many years since I had the possibility to buy a birthday present for anyone.

vPd4Zg7.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy at end of February 2726.
    Greg Preston household: Cash 6.631 – Net Worth 31.798
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.418 – Net Worth 16.352
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.061 – Net Worth 10.158

Charles did pick up the guitar at Jenny’s, a few “sim” minutes later he had one in his inventory and went directly to community lot to play for tips with 0 skill.
    Had to reset sims aiming to pick up Chipmunks and get stuck, that made we think it was best to completely stop sims auto pick and play animals, now they can just feed them, otherwise they would die.
    Can’t make the sims name and hang-up paintings otherwise this episode everything was auto
    Terry stays and we wait for 10.000 points with Greg

Terry celebrates that he can stay
    1VIaYY6.jpg

@Tamijo I enjoyed the update. The song was funny. I wonder if they ever played sims?
    Good that Terry is taking responsibility and making the winter trip to the mountains. He can handle it better than Greg am sure.
    Great news about the new settlement and the new family joining his. Bonus cash too!
    Nice set of gems and minerals for selling later.
    Charles looks very happy with his guitar and Terry looks happy skating.
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan: Thanks
    Sims was not created when they made that song :D
    Looking forward to adding more sims to the world, hope it makes for more interesting interactions.
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    edited February 2021
    Episode 20 – The Caravan

Greg Preston’s Diary 4th of March 2726 AD
    Someone forgot to set the lid back on the snake terrarium, the venomous krait snake was not in it anymore. We sought for the snake for about an hour, no one wanted to wake up with a snake in the bed. As Pongo did not reach, I was quite sure the snake left the house, just had to wear boots outside for a while.

Terry was the first to notice there was no snake in the terrarium

lhpT3DD.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 8th of March 2726 AD
    Greg was not in the settlement when the caravan arrived today. It was me and Michiko welcoming the two new settlers. Marble Beach and her fiancé Brendon Gentry. They are surprisingly young and look like they got a lot more money than we are used to around here. I hope they intend to use it in a way that may benefit the community. They gave the students a huge basked of apples from their garden in “Ent”, a good start.

ixHc2Xp.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 10th of March 2726 AD
    The caravan brought the fittings and sealings needed for the faucet in the kitchen. Terry was finally able to fix it, after it had leaked all winter.

SCwljeY.jpg

From Myra Frances letter to her mother, written 11th of March 2726 AD
    Dear Mother.
    Thanks for the new clothes and makeup you send. The warm boots I got last time have been very nice, it was so cold here last month. In return I will send you a small diamond that Greg found and gave to me, hope you can make a ring or necklace out of it. On the picture I send it is Terry, Charles and myself preparing the shipment with all what we are sending with the caravan including you diamond.

7gKwdOL.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 13th of March 2725 AD
    We were all very pleased that the new family, brought a Caravan where they could stay, while the builders form “Ent” constructed their new home. There was a bit of worries amongst the elders, how we could be able to house another two adults maybe for several weeks.

29Xh0BS.jpg

IYCH7TX.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy after this period.
    Greg Preston household: Cash 7.614 – Net Worth 33.779
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.393 – Net Worth 16.294
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.184 – Net Worth 10.279
    The Elders do not yet know the economy of the new household.

The meeting with new settlers was staged, also sending settlers to do consignments was arranged to fill the first shipment. Everything else automatic.

Marble Beach was born in July 2704 (21 years old), She is the daughter of a “Ent” miner who was part of the golden era of “Ent” mining in the 90’s, where many struck gold. Today he runs a jewellery and is part of the small exclusive “Ent” upper class. He was part of the Ent Council but retired when his wife began to have mental issues. Marble is educated in the restaurant business, while also having worked part time at a small bar. Something daddy did not like, but he is quite broadminded accepting her choices.

Hl4VgDV.jpg

Brendon Gentry was born in March 2703 (23 years old). He was born and raised in the large militant group that ruled the area of the cost known as “Willapa” by killing, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and stealing what they could get their hands on. His mother was a concubine of a low-level tripe leader. Brendon was not cut out for this type of life. He left all he knew when he heard about the peaceful mountain community, he came to “Ent” 6 years ago.

QZBkBbC.jpg

It was not only the snake running freely around the settlement, quite often animals have escaped the settlers

1Y4gqHk.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on

Episode 21 – Simply Irresistible

How can it be permissible - She compromise my principle, yeah yeah!
    Jenny Richards Diary 16th of March 2726 AD
    Brendon Gentry came over last night, darn this young fella is abortable and very flirty. Can’t deny I enjoyed the visit, although of course we did not do anything, you know like kissing or worse.

H5UZRlv.jpg

From Terry Scully’s letter to Suzan Gibson, written 18th of March 2726 AD
    Dear Sue
    One of the builders told me you got married, I’m so happy for you…honest. I know what happened between us was all my fault. I did and do really love you and miss you a lot, but I just could not resist that beautiful young boy. He could not admit to his sexuality after they one night, but I do not regret what I did. I am satisfied with my choice to move to the river. I just hope you will be happy too.

2KLfKP3.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 19th of March 2726 AD
    Brendon came over again, and again I can only say I enjoyed his company. We did flirt a little, but we also just had a good time together, he read one of my books, I painted a little, was like having “a man”. Gosh he is engaged, that am I thinking.

FM3PyiH.jpg

From Terry Scully’s notes and jottings, written 20th of March 2726 AD (*)
    After I had written the letter to Sue I felt a great relief, the next day I went fishing as I often does when I need to think. I thought maybe I should also send a letter to my family, haven’t heard from them since the day I moved. The scandal from Sue cancelling the engagement mush have been hard on them.

zvDIe2G.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 26th of March 2726 AD
    I was working on the canvas as Brendon suddenly came over, been a few days so I thought he was about to cool down our relation, which would be understandable. He was not, as before very flirty, nice and beautiful all in one unholy package. There is no way I can resist those wonderful attacks.
    Thanks God we did not take it further than that, although my entire body wish we had.

sRAGT3z.jpg

From Marble Beach letter to her farther Thane Beach, written 27th of March 2726 AD
    Dear farther
    We have safely arrived to the settlement. It is nice here and both me and Brandon have made many new friends already. Last night I made a nice Mac and Cheese, unfortunately Brendon did not make in back in time to share it with me, I think he was out fishing with one of the boys.
    I got sick after eating and I threw up all the food, haven’t told Brendon anything yet but it might be that I am pregnant. So thrilled and excited about all that is happening and glad we came here.
    Say hallo to mother.

8j497KT.jpg

gsGZjuI.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 31th of March 2726 AD
    The new couple have settled well within the community. Marble Beach already on very good terms with Elder Michiko Vaughan. Brendon Gentry great with the young boys John Hallett and Terry Scully, likely very curious about the rough life he had when he was young. He and Elder Jenny Richards also seems to have found a lot to talk about, which is great as she tends to be alone too much.
    Marble Beach seems to be a very strong character, I am sure she can be an important asset for the entire community, she is already spending time hunting for animals and collectable stones after I told her about all the good locations I know.

GMbpptZ.jpg

(*) Editorial:
    Greg Preston household: Cash 8.540 – Net Worth 34.705
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.300 – Net Worth 16.201
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.251 – Net Worth 10.346
    The Elders do not know the economy of the new household, as long as their final home is not yet ready.

(*) Terry Scully’s notes and jottings, may have been intended for a self-biographical novel or article he never wrote, they were found in a box amongst his belongings, upon his dead

Everything was autonome in this episode.

KqVukoO.jpg
    ZOopKLb.jpg

@tamijo I enjoyed both of the updates!
    oh no, the animals are escaping!
    Great picture of Terry responding and love the water spouting in the background.
    Glad to see the new settlers have arrived.
    That would have drove me bonkers having the water spout all winter. You are very patient.
    Great idea for them to bring a caravan until the house could be built.
    I hope the new settlers will be a plus to the community.
    ah, some drama is starting to happen with the new settlers moving in.
    Wow...Terry is full of surprises.
    Jenny is flirting with an engaged man and the fiance may be preggers.
    Look forward to more.
    Love the last two pictures. The night scene with the deer is awesome.
    The settlement is starting to grown nicely.
    Good choice of song with the drama starting.
    @bekkasan: Thanks for reading and making so nice reply’s <3<3

Will open the 2nd settlement, so from here there should be more activity.
    edited February 2021
    Episode 22 – Pegasus

Close your eyes and fly to let the diamonds make the night - Crystal blue will turn to ruby red
    The plants become a maze under the heavens stary hazel - Pegasus he gallops overhead
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PiINa5Im8
    Full Lyrics:
    Fuzzy way - Haze in the assault was awaking - The sand was a grayish shade of blue - Spirits held desire - Were her eyes they did admire - The evening that we only thought we knew - Further out to see - I heard the birds wings over me - The vibrations in the air through my ears - The sun was rising, slingin' low - The day was saddled up to go The desert's lonely nightfall disappear - The raven who flies through the desert sky - Is wiser then you and me - The birds have a peace - The stillness asleep - And the desert raven he has poetry - Close your eyes and fly to let the diamonds make the night - And crystal blue will turn to ruby red - The plants become a maze under the heavens star hazel - Pegasus he gallops over head - The buffalo at night they follow close the river's edge while - Saffron slowly grows inside the cage - The starry minds of hyacinth the moon below the sun's eclipse - The sandy canyon flows beyond the wave - The raven who flies through the desert sky - Is wiser then you and me - The birds have a peace - The stillness asleep - And the desert raven he has poetry.

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 4th of April 2726 AD
    I gathered the entire settlement at the assembly site yesterday, to tell them good news. I knew all this aleady, as I talked with Thane Beach (Marble’s farther) when I was in “Ent” in September. He wanted to keep this secret from everyone else except of course his daughter, until the buildings could officially open.
    What he has done was ordering the builders not only to construct the daughters house, but also build a nice community café, with a bar, instruments to play music and some entertainment activities. Close to the Café, a Laundry with machines, so that the settlers no longer need to wash their clothes in a sink.
    Best of all is that the revenue from the two new community sites, will be transfers to Greg’s River’s community funds, so that we can later use them to get more infrastructure. Marble will take the responsibility of running the bar. Marble and the other bartenders will receive a salary based of the hours they work, but the “Elder Assembly” owns the bar.

The new family home to the right, the laundry in the middle and the café to the left.

awX5Lt7.jpg

From Marble Beach letter to her farther Thane Beach, written 6th of April 2726 AD

Dear farther
    I can feel the child inside my tummy. I told Brendon I am pregnant, we are both too happy, I love him so much.

VGJVXim.jpg

Continued….
    Greg has started our gardening project. I have just opened the Café. Your friend Greg was my first visitor, we have also had guest from “Nara Fields” already, I’m sure the Café will be great.

9wm9nWP.jpg

Greg Preston’s Letter to Thane Beach (Marble’s farther) 12th of April 2726 AD
    The Laundry have turned out to be a great addition to the settlement, thanks. The first to use it just after it opened was actually not one of ours, it was Anders Karlson one of the students over from “Nara Fields”.

mq4rM6y.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 15th of April 2726 AD
    I have started to takes notes for my memories on the typewriter over the Greg’s, but not sure I will every be able to write a real book. Anyway, I hear that Marble is pregnant and haven’t heard from Brendon since. I guess our flirt was terminated, after he was told “the good news”.

CEcdnji.jpg

Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 17th of April 2726 AD
    As the caravan was now unoccupied. Marble donated it to the community, clearly to the frustration of Brendon Gentry who slammed one of the students, just verbally of course.

Amongst the Elders we argued some over what to do with it. As mentioned, Brendon Gentry was basically against whatever suggested. Michiko Vaughan suggested that the two girls should have it, for moral reasons, not to sleep with all those men in the house. But Jenny Richards and I agreed, that the best decision would be to let the eldest live on their own. For now, it will be Terry Scully and Elea Helsby.

MBHJ2i7.jpg
    a6Q3nMj.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 25th of April 2726 AD

I had my first shift at the café tonight. It was tons of fun. Very glad that Marble have chosen me as 2nd bartender. Was feeling some guilt that she trusts me, but guess I should not be ashamed that I find him attractive, as long as we never kissed.

Jenny at her job, playing soccer with Danelle Mercier. The other two are student Casel Hasan and settlement leader Botan Nara, all three from the “Nara Field Settelment”.

8ILnIB1.jpg

Marked sales this Period:
    Greg’s Household:
    A small mixed crate: 1.212$, most valuable a Pear Cut Rainbow Jewel 1.171$

(*) Editorial:
    Greg Preston household: Cash 6.947 – Net Worth 30.865
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 9.993 – Net Worth 17.919
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 1.441 – Net Worth 10.570
    Terry Scully household: Cash 4.521 – Net Worth 26.712
    Brendon Gentry household: Cash 15.254 – Net Worth 54.031

Community Fundings
    Ultimo Marth $1.805
    Pegasus $719
    Laundromat $52
    Primo Maj $2.576

Seeds planted and “Bartender Shift” manual (will not mention those two again)
    Everything else automatic

The name of the café is Pegasus, after the huge bronze behind the bar

l1HRA0F.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on

@tamijo Awesome news for everyone. The community is really growing!
    Glad she told him. He seems happy.
    That's cool that others can come and use the laundry. More funds for the community that way!
    I hope Jenny is not too sad. Perhaps she can look about at others at the mountain or Nara's Field.
    The two men from Nara's Field look interesting and cute, but she played games with the elder woman. :lol:
    Bummer that Brendan didn't like the caravan being gifted.
    I do like the name Pegasus.
    Cool song.
    @bekkasan

Thanks for comments.
    I think why she played with the elder woman, was because the two men had just played together and was occupied with each other.
    edited February 2021
    Survivors - The River - Save

Interlude – Nara Fields – A farmer Settlement

The Formation
    During the winter 2725/2726 leaders from “Ent Council” Anders St. John, Hans St. John and Queny Wilson slowly formed the idea to build a farmer settlement, inspired by the susses of the fishing/hunter settlement created by Council member Greg Preston. They contacted Head of St. John’s Educational Foundation Lone St. John and together created the funding’s to initiate the project.

Simon Stone was the first settler from Nara Fields to be seen in Greg’s River, entering the trade station.

o8U7BBJ.jpg

They contacted newly educated Agricultural Students, soon the young couple Botan and Shina Nara joined the project. The first buildings were raised in the beginning of March 2726, during April the settlement reached three households which was the planned size to begin with.

jlnqOLh.jpg

St. John’s Educational Foundation created an educational project, where students would pay a fee to stay at the households of the settlers until they reached the age of 23. If they had developed good farming skills at that point, they would get a small farming lot with a henhouse for free. If not, they would either be sent back to the mountain village, or if they had developed other useful skills “Greg’s Rivers” would be asked if they were interested in housing them, in a small fisher hut founded by the Educational Foundation.

Jiro Nara passing Greg’s River without entering

I4Arc9D.jpg

The Nara family household

The Nara household is composed of settlement leader, 27 years old Botan Nara, his wife 26 years old Shina Nara and their daughter 6 years old Jiro Nara. Shina has a small vegetable and coffee stand beside the house.

7a58by3.jpg
    P1Yljze.jpg

Two students 17 years old Anders Karlson and 20 years old Casel Hasan also living in the household.

Left Anders Karlson. Right Casel Hasan

20JQJdW.jpg

The Mercier family household
    The Mercier Family Is not educated at farming, they were chosen because they had the capital to build a large farming estate with several henhouses. Expected to be a large chicken and eggs exporter.

k9g9xB4.jpg

Head of family, 69 years old Armel Mercier is a retired restaurant owner, his wife 57 years old Danelle Mercier was a school teacher in “Ent”.

G42zLAH.jpg

Armel and Danelle has two daughters, 36 years old Mussete Mercier and 22 years old Magdalena Mercier.

Left Mussete Mercier. Right Magdalena Mercier

9AhEeDe.jpg

Mussete Mercier has a son, 6 years old Mateo Mercier. To this day she has never revealed to anyone who the farther is. Her closest family and friends may wonder why.

8wV0hIE.jpg

In this house we got one student, 15 years old Anita Simone.

tV5MfJ1.jpg

Simon Stones Household

3seuBDx.jpg

Simon Stone was not sent by “Ent Mountain Village council”, he was a builder coming to “Greg’s River” to build the House, Café and Laundry. On his was back he was allowed to spend the night at the Mercier estate. He fell in love with Magdalena Mercier and decided to stay. Building a primitive cottage close to Magdalena Mercier’s home. The two are still in love.

kLcDdQM.jpg

Editorial:
    This settlement is mainly meant as background characters to interact with “Greg’s River”, they won’t be followed closely and will mainly be seen trough the eyes of members of “our” settlement.
    Mussete Mercier in bed with her farther was not my doing !!
    Simon Stone and Magdalena Mercier did actually fall in love very fast without my doing.
    The “family photo’s” was all more or less staged.

Mussete Mercier shares bed with her farther, that is very creepy considering she won’t tell who was the farther of her son. Hope it is the last time I see this.

ayhJ2Ts.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top