Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who did it better?

State a game feature and the next person will say whether the sims / sims 2 / sims 3 or sims 4 did it better. They will then state another feature and the next person will respond and say another feature too.

Comments

• Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2021
    Who did NPC's better?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Sims 2

Who did relationships better?
  • Violet777Violet777 Posts: 95 Member
    Sims 2.

Who did vacations/holidays better?
    I am MinicartTSR over at YouTube.

Happy Simming! :)
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Sims 3.

Who did mod support better?
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims 4

Who did whims/wishes/wants better?
    Sims 2

Who did sim's personalities/traits better?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sims 2

Who does automatic roofs better?
    Sims 3.

Sims 2 & 3, pretty much a tie. 4 is openly hostile to mods as there is wholesale slaughter every time a major update/pack comes out. Ironic since the game depends on them to fix major problems and enhance gameplay.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Sims 3.

Sims 2 & 3, pretty much a tie. 4 is openly hostile to mods as there is wholesale slaughter every time a major update/pack comes out. Ironic since the game depends on them to fix major problems and enhance gameplay.

That was the case for Sims 2 and Sims 3 as well. Anytime a patch came out there was a period where you had to wait to make sure your mods were still active.

It's more often with Sims 4 as EA actually releases more regular patches for Sims 4.

Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 also had mods out there that are required to play the game, improve stability, and/or prevent corruption. Let's not treat Sims 4 as the only one in this boat.

As for automatic roofs: Sims 2 and Sims 3 as both had the feature.

Which game did Pets the best?
    Perhaps I was fortunate as never had to wait, and was quite regular in TS2 play in those days. Never needed a mod to play, either. Can't speak for 3. That 4 needs regular patches says a lot about its own condition.
    Perhaps I was fortunate as never had to wait, and was quite regular in TS2 play in those days. Never needed a mod to play, either. Can't speak for 3. That 4 needs regular patches says a lot about its own condition.

Sims 2 has a bunch of bugs in that can cause corruption. So it's not like it's free from truly needing mods. It requires more careful play to not have to have mods to prevent the corruption.

And don't forget the topic of the thread.

Haven't played pets in Sims 4 so can't compare.

Sims 2 Pets were better than Sims 3 Pets. Yes you could control them without cheats in Sims 3, but they are way too needy. I'll take not controlling them without cheats over being needy any day.

Which game did vampires better?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Sims 2 has a bunch of bugs in that can cause corruption. So it's not like it's free from truly needing mods. It requires more careful play to not have to have mods to prevent the corruption.

And don't forget the topic of the thread.

Haven't played pets in Sims 4 so can't compare.

Sims 2 Pets were better than Sims 3 Pets. Yes you could control them without cheats in Sims 3, but they are way too needy. I'll take not controlling them without cheats over being needy any day.

Which game did vampires better?

The Sims 4. Who Did Island Life Better?
    Sims 3. For me it wasnt majorly laggy or unplayable. But just hotels, going underwater and diving not being a rabbit hole, houseboats, etc just chefs kiss.

Who did university better?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sims 3. For me it wasnt majorly laggy or unplayable. But just hotels, going underwater and diving not being a rabbit hole, houseboats, etc just chefs kiss.

Not bias and Honest, but I prefer 3 since it has active class, cafe, comic book store and the cliques.

Who did Seasons better?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »

Not bias and Honest, but I prefer 3 since it has active class, cafe, comic book store and the cliques.

Who did Seasons better?

Going to assume whole Seasons pack and not just the seasons part of the Seasons packs.

Tie between Sims 2 and Sims 4.

Love the benefits each season brought for Sims in Sims 2. It added gardening and fishing to the game. Had actual depth to the snow and the thunderstorms sounded realistic.

Love the holidays added in with Seasons. Love the calendar as well. Helps plan birthdays and such, especially for infants, so you don't plan something only for it to be interrupted by a birthday.

Who did the vacation "EP" the best (Bon Voyage, World Adventures, Jungle Adventure/Snowy Escape/Outdoor Retreat/etc)?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims 3

Who did pets better?
    sims 3

Who did city life better?
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    sims 3. Bridgeport >>>> San Myshuno

best sims-> neighbourhood immersion