Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2021 (Now Live)

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    February's patch will be everything wrong with Bonehilda and Guidry. We'll be lucky if we get free jewellery.

What's wrong with Guidry? I haven't run into any bugs with him (yet?).
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    February's patch will be everything wrong with Bonehilda and Guidry. We'll be lucky if we get free jewellery.

What's wrong with Guidry? I haven't run into any bugs with him (yet?).

One of the Gamechangers Woo-Hooed with him and his animation while in the bed is not as a ghost but a mortal - kind of like how Bonehilda is a pixelated human in the bath because she doesn't have an official bathing skin.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited January 2021
    Am I the only one that doesn't want that gaudy, ugly bed back? It was fine for TS1 when there was no other way to have a kid but now that we can woohoo on all the double beds I don't see the need for it.

look if you dont get the aesthetic thats fine but also like don lothario needs one so...

and im sure many black widows with elderly partners would rejoice....

and any shady clubs.....

and just your rich sims that wanna buy ridiculous things for their ridiculous mansions...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    Babies update would be great, and that sink interaction is promising. I’m thinking we might be getting favorites back based on SimguruFrost’s tweets, which I would definitely enjoy. Seems like a not too minor but not huge feature that has some nostalgia for previous iterations of the game around it - perfect for an anniversary update. But then again, it’s more complicated than a reskinned hot tub so maybe my hopes are too high :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    mmb_abr wrote: »
    I’m thinking we might be getting favorites back based on SimguruFrost’s tweets,

oh i had not thought about that possibility

or how for turn on turn offs we had sims that liked or disliked werewolves and other occult

which is well in line with romance mentions we have had in packs object descriptions
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I know this early but I'm putting it up for 3 reasons.

1 February is Valentines Month which means we could get a Free Valentines Day Update but sadly this isn't likely.

2 It's some kind of Sims Anniversary in Feb.

3 Feb Update could be a Pre Gamepack Update in Late Feb if we have a Gamepack coming out in Early March.
    Some kind of Sims anniversary? CLP, the Sims franchise was launched in Feb, 2000.

that means the sims is gonna be 20 years old thats pretty big for a game
    Actually 21 years old! But yeah, The Sims is one of the longest running game franchise in video game history. :)

Yeah it's old but since the celebrations for the 20 years was a bust - not holding my breath on anything good for 21
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I’m thinking we might be getting favorites back based on SimguruFrost’s tweets,

or how for turn on turn offs we had sims that liked or disliked werewolves and other occult

I hadn't thought of turn ons/offs but man would that be awesome to have back! It would nice to have some sims that just don't have any chemistry (or the opposite). Sometimes I wish my sims weren't down to make out with everyone they meet lol

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited January 2021
    Since The Sims is turning 21, are we going to get bone fide alcoholic beverages?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Uh oh! Looks like next month is almost February, so I guess R&B is almost coming soon to the base game!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I know this early but I'm putting it up for 3 reasons.

1 February is Valentines Month which means we could get a Free Valentines Day Update but sadly this isn't likely.

2 It's some kind of Sims Anniversary in Feb.

3 Feb Update could be a Pre Gamepack Update in Late Feb if we have a Gamepack coming out in Early March.
    Some kind of Sims anniversary? CLP, the Sims franchise was launched in Feb, 2000.

that means the sims is gonna be 20 years old thats pretty big for a game
    Actually 21 years old! But yeah, The Sims is one of the longest running game franchise in video game history. :)

Yeah it's old but since the celebrations for the 20 years was a bust - not holding my breath on anything good for 21
    This is why I'm not excited about next month's game update.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Am I the only one that doesn't want that gaudy, ugly bed back? It was fine for TS1 when there was no other way to have a kid but now that we can woohoo on all the double beds I don't see the need for it.

Unlike other beds the heart bed has the vibration and light up feature plus Maxis could make it even better by doing these 2 things.

1)Try for a Boy or Try for a Girl.
    2)A Special Moodlet for woohooing in the heartbed and possibly a new woohoo animation just for this bed.
    Babies update would be great, and that sink interaction is promising. I’m thinking we might be getting favorites back based on SimguruFrost’s tweets, which I would definitely enjoy. Seems like a not too minor but not huge feature that has some nostalgia for previous iterations of the game around it - perfect for an anniversary update. But then again, it’s more complicated than a reskinned hot tub so maybe my hopes are too high :D

Hmm favorites could tie in with an attraction feature and turn ons and turn offs.

Unlike other beds the heart bed has the vibration and light up feature plus Maxis could make it even better by doing these 2 things.

2)A Special Moodlet for woohooing in the heartbed and possibly a new woohoo animation just for this bed.
    What new woohoo animation would you like to see? If they do add this new bed to the game. Me, I don't know because just about every woohoo animation possible is already in the game. Especially the bed type woohoo animation.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Nice suggestions, Simmigal, but sounds much more like pack than patch content to me.

please let's not normalize this mindset.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

Maybe it can bring some wicked and whimsical WooHoo.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think that EA will allow that kind of sexual content in The Sims. Mainly because it could raise the game rating to an M rating.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I’m thinking we might be getting favorites back based on SimguruFrost’s tweets, which I would definitely enjoy.

Oh that is a good one. I didn't think anything of his tweet at first but maybe it could be about favorites indeed.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

Yeah, I don't think that EA will allow that kind of sexual content in The Sims. Mainly because it could raise the game rating to an M rating.

The game is barely a T. Mostly it's a T because of what its players do.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

What new woohoo animation would you like to see? If they do add this new bed to the game. Me, I don't know because just about every woohoo animation possible is already in the game. Especially the bed type woohoo animation.

The play in bed woohoo animation from TS1.
    According to Iron Seagull Next Week is the 21st Anniversary of The Sims so the patch could come Tuesday.
    https://youtu.be/9N83zx6-Sjc
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I want nothing but gardening and grabbing quick meals to be fixed. Is that too much to ask for?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @catloverplayer Wait, this Tuesday? The 2nd? I haven’t even downloaded the last patch yet! 😖
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I had a dream last night. The patch was huge and added a bunch of things, including stuff for other packs.

The base game had some upgrades and new traits. Get to Work got a new active career. Vampires got coffins that stand up so you can sleep standing up. Paranormal got a recolored version for Bonehilda. Discover University got a ton of candles, including one inspired by Bella Goth. There was a lot more, but I forgot.

Unfortunately, dreams don't come true.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    I had a dream last night. The patch was huge and added a bunch of things, including stuff for other packs.

The base game had some upgrades and new traits. Get to Work got a new active career. Vampires got coffins that stand up so you can sleep standing up. Paranormal got a recolored version for Bonehilda. Discover University got a ton of candles, including one inspired by Bella Goth. There was a lot more, but I forgot.

Unfortunately, dreams don't come true.

Well the one we're it might be a big update might come true.
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Wait, this Tuesday? The 2nd? I haven’t even downloaded the last patch yet! 😖

Yes.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Guys and girls! I think the anniversary is coming on February 4th! I cannot wait to have my R&B radio station back this year!