Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Fog return with Paranormal Pack?

EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
One of my favorite items from the Store in Ts3 was the "The Now & Then Century Manor" It was awesome having a building that could not only be relevant and in use. But also serve as the creepy Haunted house of the neighborhood. One effect that was used really well with it was the Fog special effect you could place for that extra air of spooky.

Has it be said or shown that this will return with the coming pack?

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Comments

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    There hasn’t been anything said about fog as far as I’m aware but I 100% agree with you. I miss it too and have at least one creepy lot I’d like to include it in. Fingers crossed, but I can’t help thinking they would have shown it off if it really was included. Maybe in the future!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi @EverclearBoy

I don't think fog is coming back just yet but I have used a tiny fog emitter to create fog as shown in the following pic..

L9jLZuL.png

You can get it here

https://modthesims.info/d/605471/fog-emitter.html

I also love that Build from the S3 store and still use it a lot in my current 3 games :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    There's fog in the game, I noticed in the Get Together mansion the maze is filled with fog. Might be in debug somewhere?
    @Onverser

Apparently not I searched everywhere thinking the same thing then another player told me there are no fog emitters in game even by cheats so I went and found something else I could use. There are those sorts of large coloured light features but nothing just ordinary fog.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    For anyone who wants fog without cc put chimneys In the basement and the smoke will come through.
    However, I do greatly wish for official fog!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's fog in Forgotten Hollow. Smog in polluted neighbourhoods. I don't know if they'll do it here. We didn't see any.

It's a graphical thing and I don't think Stuff Pack Team has the budget to make a weather change like that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited January 2021
    @Babykittyjade

lol I never thought of that what a good idea however that could never work for me as a I am a complete disaster where building is concerned so I would literally have to look for lots on the gallery that had a basement everytime :)

@Loanet

I thought they mentioned budget a few times on the livestream but with a pack like this I do think most players expected to at least get usable fog. maybe there will be a cemetery pack in the future..
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Seems like there's no fog this time around, but who knows, it might get implemented in a future pack?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    @SPARKY1922

Thats a pretty cool mod, I also fully approve of the pun "Doing things Foggy Style" lol

But I try to avoid all CC :( So as tempting as is to use, I cant.

@Babykittyjade I can see the Chimney's thing working.. I know a year or so ago I did something similar except it used an effect in the game tied to the smoky water for swimming pools, I remember on occasion a bubble would show and you could place the object that did it in a lower level and raise it up to the floor level above.

Looked like this:

46866007704_8d081ec542_b.jpg

I can't remember off hand how did it though. But would love something that doesnt require a lower level and looks more natural with getting Haunted Houses, I'd think its a must feature to do them properly.
    @EverclearBoy97

haha every lot needs "foggy style after pack release-)

The way you have created the look without CC is fab and while I cannot do chimneys because I am a terrible builder I might be able to try with the smokey water for swimming pools you mention if I could only find it so would be so kind and let me know where to find it as I have searched for ages :)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    There's fog in Forgotten Hollow. Smog in polluted neighbourhoods. I don't know if they'll do it here. We didn't see any.

It's a graphical thing and I don't think Stuff Pack Team has the budget to make a weather change like that.

Sometimes I think EA's budget amounts to free pizza and Coors Light to the devs--it really is amazing how underfunded they are
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    For anyone who wants fog without cc put chimneys In the basement and the smoke will come through.
    However, I do greatly wish for official fog!

Yes. That works.
    However... I strongly recommend NOT to do this in real life. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@SPARKY1922

Found it, under the Build section for Pools there are some Vents with Steam/Bubbles. Though I think they all bubble. You can place them in a pool no problem but any other surface you have to use move object and when I did the above. I had to raise them from a floor below to create the varying degrees of mist.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Chimneys only smoke if they burn. It really is a great way to burn your house down.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Chimneys only smoke if they burn. It really is a great way to burn your house down.

I think all you need is one fireplace going somewhere, anywhere, in the house and then all the chimneys will then make smoke.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited January 2021
    If they can give us a bubble emitter for the Pools tho, taking away the bubbles and just making fog shouldnt be that much of a stretch?