Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Seen The Livestream?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It worries me that we didn't see more of Bonehilda. She's supposed to be there to cook and clean and fight Spectres and then they they said she could join your house. It made me think, she's just a normal Sim with the right traits to clean up for you and the table is how you summon her.

They didn't show us much of the Séance table either. Two interactions. Which were not very scary. I saw the reviewer Plumbella go over it, and she liked it a lot but also she showed how much they left out.

The same with Guidry. He reminded me of Strangerville actually, where Sims in Strangerville have a specific interaction that can tell you about Strangerville, but otherwise they're just pre-generated Sims.

Also, it weirded me out that they told us how to make it LESS scary. Players love to torture their Sims and it's meant to be a spooky pack. I know Sims 4 would be hard to make scary but this pack is MEANT to be scary, while I didn't actually find myself surprised by anything.

But apparently we can also make it MORE scary with heroic mode I think? I didn't understand that too much they brush by it. I think they were vague because not only did they not have much time but they want to save stuff for game changers to show off.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Babykittyjade

I realized that heroic mode was not mentioned much either so I went looking and found this description which looks like it could set off more specific terror :)

HEROIC MODE
    If a normal haunted house is not ‘exciting’ enough for you, we suggest the ‘Heroic Mode’ version of the lot.

When you go to enable Heroic mode a photo of Guidry appears asking if you really want to do this. In summary, more rewards, more challenges, and time duration to set it back to normal (24 Hours Sim time). Everyone in the house was ready except Bob. Poor Bob, he was running around terrified before we enabled Heroic Mode.

Bonehilda, however, was blissfully unaware of with the distraction of Guidry’s company. This was definitely an unforeseen turn in this Paranormal Review.

RY8tyew.png

I love this pic :)

if you want to read more

https://blog.thesimsresource.com/paranormaltsrreview/
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    The stream looked so good!

The CAS outfits are amazing - I love that long new female hair. I’m definitely using that for my soon-to-be medium sim.

The build mode items looks great too. I can’t wait to place all the spooky, occult items and those sofas with the scatter cushions and stuff with matching armchairs add a nice bit of character.

Not gonna lie though, I’m already thinking about possibly replacing Guidry :D
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Didn't see the livestream but watched Vixella and Plumbella's reviews instead. Gotta say it looks pretty good from what they showed.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the CAS style, it's fun and different and I like the Build/Buy stuff, especially the furniture.

I like the eclectic style of the furniture and it's a bright, happy (as opposed to spooky) look but I would have liked a wood tone or two. Black and white are welcome, but there should always be a wood tone version. How many times do we need to request this before they get it?

I would have also like a couple of beds. Both four poster beds. One with light, shear curtains that move when specters are around and one with those big heavy drapes that a sim can crawl into and hide when ghosts are about, like in Scrooge.

The Livestream seemed very lackluster to me. It's as if SGRad didn't care about the pack or didn't want to be there. She seemed unsure and lost and why oh why don't they ever plan these streams out? I thought there was a plan at the beginning when Frost(?) told us what was coming, but then it seemed to go off the rails. I also think there were too many gurus "helping" out. Just have two, hopefully in the same room, do the job.

Let's be honest, it takes a certain personality to do the streams and not everyone has those skills. Stop trying to be "fair" and use the best people to do the job.

They showed the CAS and furniture (no walls or flooring) well enough but little game play and almost no explanations of how it works. I know you don't want to spoil things, but why do we go to the trouble of posting our questions if they are going to be blatantly ignored?

The part of the Paranormal Career that they showed, was boring. It was nothing more than housework. Could my Para Investigator bring Bonehilda along to do the heavy lifting while my sim supervises? If you're going to take the time to set up the career to show it off, why would you pick the most boring aspect of it?

And did everyone catch the chair hoping when they were showing off the seance table. The sim was jumping up to sit in another chair with every queue command. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THIS?

As usual, I'll get the pack for the CAS and Build/Buy, but, to be honest, I'm LESS excited about this pack than I was before the LS and I blame it for my lack of enthusiasm. It was poorly presented and badly explained. For a pack that THEY are excited about, they appeared to give it very little effort.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I really am looking forward to the pack and the new job but the Livestream definitely felt like Rad hadn't done any prepping or had been pushed into being the one doing the job.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I can honestly say that this one of the rare cases where I would pay for a pack full prize, its worth the 10 bucks. But 1st I am going to watch LGR because he's the best critic imo.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Everybody over here talking about the pack when the real question is: can we get that Scottish accented gent on every stream? Just asking...for reasons, of course 😋
  • kagome2480kagome2480 Posts: 20 Member
    I saw it but I kept getting interrupted, so I might've missed a few things :(
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm honestly impressed with this pack (I voted for it so I knew I would like it but they really went above and beyond this time). For a $10 stuff pack, it's really detailed. The gameplay has more depth than the career we got in Snowy Escape, and there's a lot of stuff as well. Compared to the earliest packs Sims 4 had, this looks more like a gamepack to me (I'm comparing to like Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and the earlier packs, not anything released after 2017). Most of the time I wait until stuff packs are half off, but I wouldn't mind paying the full $10 for this one. I love occult content in The Sims and this has plenty of that for what my expectations of a $10 experience would give me!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'm wondering if SimGuruConor couldn't attend for some reason. He was very proud of this pack so I hope that he is ok. He wasn't even available online for comments or help. SimGuruRad was a little hesitant sometimes so maybe she was a stand in at the last moment. SimGuruNinja was prompting her at times. I enjoyed it though.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Everybody over here talking about the pack when the real question is: can we get that Scottish accented gent on every stream? Just asking...for reasons, of course 😋

@Nikkih over to you!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

@Nikkih over to you!

We are very hard to understand to most people 🤣 now imagine us wearing a mask, I cant even understand myself with them on 😂😂, thank you for admiring our accent @Jasonschick80

Edit: awww aye theres a scot in the development team .... interesting, wheres our kilts ? 🤣
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm impressed at how much there is for a stuff pack, active careers are usually EP content and there's tons of gameplay, and all the stuff looks nice aswell.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    The active career is based on the Get To Work machine. You fill up the work bar by doing other things and if you fill the bar you get your money. Presumably harder jobs have longer bars. Doing different Occult thnigs clearly fills it different amounts. We've seen very little of the jobs so far. The Livestream barely showed us anything.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I really am looking forward to the pack and the new job but the Livestream definitely felt like Rad hadn't done any prepping or had been pushed into being the one doing the job.

I found her voice quite relaxing.
    Thankyou!! @SPARKY1922

I know right😆😆😆
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2021
    No, but I also wait to watch gameplay from people who are part of and do not work for EA/Maxis AND are not gamechangers. I found that the last livestream I watched by the Devs was not very likable and it made it so I will not trust them. Besides IF I get this pack, it will be out for at least 3 to 6 months AND most likely wait until I find it on sale for what I believe it is worth in cost.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why didn't @SimGuruConor LS this pack? He seems to have done most of the work on it and was very excited about it. His excitement might have "infected" (not a covid joke) us.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member

Haha, I love Scottish accents.

I wasn't too impressed with the livestream personally, I have seen better. But at least they did prepare the build/buy items by laying them out beforehand with all the different swatches. I lurve that sofa!

Well, only about 48 hrs to go until we can see everything for ourselves.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Saw the video version yesterday, thought it informative if ho-hum in presentation. From what I saw am inclined to not get the pack:
    The (thankfully optional) haunting aspect and related career not of interest - hoped that CAS & bb would save things, but...
    CAS - not keen on a re-run of the 70s hippie look, wasn't impressed at the time and not now in game form
    bb - nicely done, but everything was in bright colors. What happened to neutral tones for fabrics and wood tones for wood? None of what I saw fits color-wise into my builds
    bonehilda - nice she's back, but is unfortunately tied to séance table, not an independent entity as before. Also an error in construction as a skeleton can't produce an effect caused by living tissue
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why didn't @SimGuruConor LS this pack? He seems to have done most of the work on it and was very excited about it. His excitement might have "infected" (not a covid joke) us.

That's what I was wondering. SimGuruRad was ok but a little flustered I thought at times.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I couldn't watch it all. I keep wanting to scream at my monitor to make them take care of their sims. Static needs, Gurus?!? Next time, please?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    People are SO gonna complain so much about how hard mode is too hard and so on.

why they can just turn it off?? Finally they actually give options. I hope people don't complain that it is too hard.