Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Seen The Livestream?

Oh, I loved it. I loved the CAS and the Build and Buy, and the Career looks so good for storytelling...

My Sims are all going to be living in those clothes daily and most of my house will be refurnished. It's obvious that the Devs really enjoyed themselves on this pack...
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    The nicest thing about this Stuff Pack, is that it's obvious how important Storytelling is to it. People are going to revel in making their Sims terrified ALL the time... The Sims is all about Storytelling, and letting us tell the story we want, and so is this pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Yeah, that was a lot of fun! I had to chuckle at how bad Rad was with the game camera though! I loved how the haunt built up over a couple of days in the demo house. It was getting pretty loud in there!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I loved it! Cas specially! The best of all packs imho! But i also love that the career take us to other sim's houses and it's active.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh and I'll be using that heroic mode all the time!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited January 2021
    Very cool livestream! While it didn't tell me much I didn't already know, it was nice to finally see some of the stuff we had been talking about in action. The paranormal investigator career, haunted houses, seances, Bonehilda, the medium skill for children and older sims, all that furniture and clutter... There is a lot in this pack, and I love occult gameplay anyway, so there's a good chance that this will turn out to be my favourite SP.

My favourite part: "This sacred candle will help your sims calm down when they're scared!" *puts down the scariest-looking candle I've ever seen*

Now the only way to make this better would be if we could actually create those protective candles ourselves with the fabrication skill... :o
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I haven't had chance to watch yet. I will definitely watch it later though.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have seen it. I was already really looking forward to thus pack, and actually am looking forward to it more. Release day cannot get here soon enough.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    No I didn’t know how to access it usually it’s pinned at the top in the forums and could not find any designated thread it was on either. @EA_Leeloo can we have a designated thread for a livestream in the future please. If there was one then please pin it to the top.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm watching. There are a lot of swatches for build/buy, it's nice. I would have liked some wood tones too.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I liked it, love the pack items and the features are well done too imo - love that they made 'hard mode' for the haunted lot.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    People are SO gonna complain so much about how hard mode is too hard and so on.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I loved everything about this stuff pack and I can't wait to play it. I hope it works well with the other packs and there won't be major bugs.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

But they can switch it off, right?
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

But they can switch it off, right?

But that requires acknowledging they bought a pack with features they don't want. Why should THEY have to go to all the effort?

"OCCULT IS UNREALISTIC AND BORING! IT SHOULD BE TONED DOWN SO I CAN PLAY IT!"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2021
    totally missed it but i watched it late

sad part being i think the tea set is just decor again sigh wouldn't it just be absolutely perfect if they updated that tea set and base game one so they work as tea maker/drink tray for tea so i can ditch that ugly machine and have actual tea party with my creepy doll friends

also another thing id like to mention is that they could add future cube interactions to the seance crystal ball thing

no need for new animations or anything but just adding those future cube things and you could have better fortune telling experience

especially if they made it so you could tell those to other sims like "tell love fortune to ..." or say sim was tending to table and sims could go "ask about future"or even just asking the crystall ball themselves

but siiigh
    i guess we ignore the great possibilities again

oh and also where is my brown/beige/dark wood swatch for everything tho so many colors but you really had to skip the basic old look :bawling:

other than those its cool
    love there is hardcore mode and bonehilda actually behaves like herself and angry specters are awesome and yeah no big complaints otherwise its quite fun absolutely love the new purple UI thingies and sounds too
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I watched Plumbella’s review instead. The video quality of the livestream was terrible for me. I am super exited for this pack.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I watched most of the livestream but tuned out for a bit of it to try to avoid too many spoilers.

I'm WICKED excited for this pack! Oh it will be another glorious day in my game when I install it. Oh yes!!
    #Team Occult
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I watched it later. I expected more game showing, while it was a lot of small talk and FFW. So I was a bit on and off and probably lost some info. Wish they had shown a more interesting gig for the new career, I mostly felt like the sim had a Maid's job, LOL. I understand there will be some harder tasks, too. But I'm staying positive, and this pack will be great for story telling and videos :)

Furniture looked great! I'd gladly exchange one of the swatches with a neutral wooden/worn less colorful, because they look good and a neutral version could be used in lots of houses. Loved the new desk! And - I wish the huge wall decor collage would be split in smaller sections, because I don't really see any of my homes using it atm - too massive and hard to blend with personal pictures etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I like the way they hinted at even deeper levels if you choose to go that way. I expect game-changers have only skimmed the top of it like they did to Get to Work which is much more complex than it appears at first. So much crammed into a Stuff Pack is amazing and a hint at future even larger packs coming.
    I love the gameplay.

I just want to say a Stuff Pack should also focus on having great Stuff - that's the meaning. Look at the styles and designs that the game is missing, and create them. The Sims has so much Stuff by now, of course, it's tough to pin it down. And the CAS is really nice too.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I didn't this time because I wanted to avoid seeing everything this pack had to offer.

Then I ended up watching a review so I got spoiled anyway...
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I really liked the livestream and the stuff pack content. It is kind of amazing how stuff packs evolved along the years. 🙂
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    Honestly I thought it was kinda boring 😅 but that's just because of the type of slow game sims is. it's hard to really show it off. I need to experience it for myself. SimguruNinja did a good job at explaining though.
    I'm so super excited for this haunted house!!! I might actually use this on every lot!! Hahaha. I love the way things progress slowly over time, that's the best part to me.
    Some said this would pair well with strangerville weirdness and I'm so ready for it. Now I'm going to do a strangerville playthrough to defeat mother while in a haunted house 😆😆
    I have loads of storytelling to do!!!

I'm still dissapointed on how cute the spectres are. Am I the only one who thought awwww so cuteeeeee the whole time? 🥰
    Not exactly scary lol 😅
    Even the red ones were blowing cute fire....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I would say that I am very impressed with how much stuff is in this stuff pack. It is definitely worth the $10 and I feel like they stepped up their game with it. I don't think the livestream showcased it as well as it could have.

They did a great job with the swatches and I'm so glad to see a black and white swatch of everything... but that said... I'm also wondering why there are not plain (matching!) wood swatches. I think black, white, light wood, medium wood, and dark wood swatches should be standard by now. I'd also love if they could go back and add that to past build/ buy too, but I know I'm crazy for hoping for that. :D
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
    It worries me that we didn't see more of Bonehilda. She's supposed to be there to cook and clean and fight Spectres and then they they said she could join your house. It made me think, she's just a normal Sim with the right traits to clean up for you and the table is how you summon her.

They didn't show us much of the Séance table either. Two interactions. Which were not very scary. I saw the reviewer Plumbella go over it, and she liked it a lot but also she showed how much they left out.

The same with Guidry. He reminded me of Strangerville actually, where Sims in Strangerville have a specific interaction that can tell you about Strangerville, but otherwise they're just pre-generated Sims.

Also, it weirded me out that they told us how to make it LESS scary. Players love to torture their Sims and it's meant to be a spooky pack. I know Sims 4 would be hard to make scary but this pack is MEANT to be scary, while I didn't actually find myself surprised by anything.