Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Origin Crash 'The Sims'

Is it me, or just coincidence? 'The Sims' just crashed. The origin window is showing "A new version of Origin is ready". It seems to me I've seen that a number of other times when 'The Sims' crashes. Is the origin update the reason why?

Either way, it picked a horrid time to crash. In another thread, I mentioned that a glitch that prevented pregnancy was fixed by rebooting the computer resulting in 9 (yes NINE) babies at the same time being born into my already overstuffed household. I'd gotten it sort-of under control before sending everybody off to school/work. I bought a couple birthday cakes and aged up a couple of the babies. After that two of the remaining older sims headed to bed because they were up all night and were toast. The remaining older sim was on kid duty. I know from experience, to keep spare Sims out of the house so everybody was given stuff to do after school/work. If you take a rested baby out of the crib to make room for a tired one, somebody else will end up putting the wrong baby (one who doesn't need sleep desperately) in the now empty crib.

With only one Sim on child care, things went crazy again. Totally out of control. I started to bring Sims home to eat/shower/bed and few to help out. It was so insane, I saved the game and took a break to watch some TV. Back to the game. The exhausted Sims were fed, cleaned up and sent to bed (by 2000h/8:00 p.m.) so they would be up early to help with baby duty. Any with energy left were fed then helped out with the babies. Everything was just getting back under control and I was sending most of the rest of the household to bed, when the game crashed. I am not looking forward to restarting in the midst of that CHAOS. If indeed the Origin update was the cause of the crash, I hate them even more. It doesn't make sense that I have to use one program to start another.

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Save often, and always use "Save as" in case things go wrong, I tend to save every half hr, but sometimes I feel that
    is pushing.If a major event has happened I save right away.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I try to do that. I saved when I need a break. I was going to save after sending everybody to bed (about another sim hour) but it crashed first. I save after major events/finds/whatever. I remember a Sim finding a Foo Dog and then losing it in the crash. The relic wasn't in the dig-site when they went back for it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Orgin has all kinda issues sometimes it's eating up my CPU 99% without even playing the game. Sometimes I have to restart because it slows down my entire pc and sims. It seems to need an update constantly. I just hate origin. 😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited January 2021
    Check and make sure your antivirus isn't running in the background @Babykittyjade; Trust me when your antivirus starts backchecking every input you make in your game and slowing your game to a crawl it's not fun. I use Windows Security, so I have to shut that thing off every single time I play Sims or otherwise my game just hangs up and Windows Security is sitting there checking every input.
    Me: "OK...sim... go to school". Sim sits there and does nothing;

Windows Security (in background grinning): "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Me: "WTH do you think Windows?!!!! BUGGER OFF!!!! OK...let's try this again: Go that way..."... click click click. ~no response~ "AWWWWW ****!!!!! AGAIN!!!????"

Windows Security: "Just checking...it's a legitimate command...right?"

face>desk.

(Windows Security makes it impossible to stop it from re-engaging so every few hours I have to check it and make sure it hasn't turned itself back on again)

Windows key>Settings>Update and Security>Windows Security (I'm checking as I'm writing this down...and voila...it's turned itself back on AGAIN!!!!) ~shuts it off again~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Sorry to hear about your game crash.
    Your game sounds super-cool (nine babies?!?). I LOVE chaos and overcrowded households!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It always crashed on its own if I keep opening its overlay multiple time hence making every game that is running with overlay also crash in the process.
    ihavemultiplegamertags