Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game FREE FOR ALL!

This thread is for sharing the joy of playing The Sims! Share your serial stories, non-serial stories, screenshots, paragraph recaps, whatever! Just have fun and let me know what happened!
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Here's what happened in my game today. :)

Valentine Kurtz made macaroni and cheese in the bunker under his house.

50858767937_f5a2205fc8_b.jpg

He went to San Myshuno with his brother, and Queen Elizabeth showed up while I wasn't playing her. Seems likely that she'd be at the flea market. :lol:

50857952118_f2d1bb197b_b.jpg

Valentine did a keg stand with his brother, Zachariah.

50858667336_b168c290e7_b.jpg

Then this happened.

50857951923_680a6a9de0_b.jpg

50858767627_927fed5fab_b.jpg

Zachariah thought it was pretty funny!

50858667136_5de069f786_b.jpg

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited January 2021
    Love it, but why does Valentine live in a bunker? Is he paranoid?

I also think it's fine to post this in the original what's happened in your game thread as that is a free for all too. It's kind of unfortunate that the second thread was created because it's killing the first and the first was never limited to serial posts to begin with. :( Maybe we should consolidate all of these threads.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today#latest
    Post edited by haneul on
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Zarra Frost thinks she knows it all and decided to start an argument with her mom, L Faba. After a heated duel, Zarra may have realized she still has a lot to learn!

ieqiMDN.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    There's about 30 minutes before her sister's wedding starts. Plenty of time for Jules to have some fun in the utility closet with her cute BF, right? ;)

kqNI5m6.png
    gOJUG3a.png
    zcZxa2V.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @hanuel I'm in favor of consolidating threads, if my opinion means anything haha. The moment I just posted here though is one of those ones that I'm not sure if I should post in the screenshot thread or the 'what happened in your game' thread since it's not quite a full recap, but also more than just one screenshot, so the title of this one definitely appealed to me haha.

I need to check out the original 'what happened in your game today' thread. I've been posting in the non-serial version, since I assumed the first one was for people who were keeping up with one long storyline, which I hardly ever do. I'm checking in with a different household daily, aside from the new challenge I just started
  • Options
    @hanuel I'm in favor of consolidating threads, if my opinion means anything haha. The moment I just posted here though is one of those ones that I'm not sure if I should post in the screenshot thread or the 'what happened in your game' thread since it's not quite a full recap, but also more than just one screenshot, so the title of this one definitely appealed to me haha.

I need to check out the original 'what happened in your game today' thread. I've been posting in the non-serial version, since I assumed the first one was for people who were keeping up with one long storyline, which I hardly ever do. I'm checking in with a different household daily, aside from the new challenge I just started

I hope more people post in the original thread. The Sims is just a game and I wish people would just post what they want without stressing about it. No one has to respond to comments or others' posts in the thread. We should just have fun. Some post long things, others just a picture, and others a sentence about their gameplay and all are good.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I would also vote for consolidating threads. I get so easily confused and don't post anywhere all that often, so I'd be nice not to have to try to decide where to post or post in 5 different threads and annoy people haha.

My simself (Jean, not my name) and her husband John are moving up in the world. John has reached the top of the entertainer career in music and is currently using up all his paid days off before quitting to join the painter career. Jean is level 9 in the tech career and I'm trying to decide if she'll quit and do something else or keep working. Oldest daughter Deborah is a teen now, middle child Allison and youngest Duncan are kids. They are a very close and loving family when mischievous Allison is not making someone furious with her. Here's a picture I took today, I love these kinds of family scenes. John is helping Deborah with her homework, Duncan is studying on his own, and Jean is reading to Allison after some cuddles both to help raise their relationship and to help Allison clear an aspiration goal. Allison does not like her mother very much. :/

KWJH0TL.jpg
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    haneul wrote: »

Yes, Valentine inherited a nice house in Windenburg, but spends most of his time in a basement he added on to the house because he experiences paranoia about the world.

I started a new thread because I didn't want to try to keep track of ongoing stories in the original thread. I liked the more random nature of the second thread, but I don't want to be confined to a single vignette or upset people by telling stories at times. The beauty of this thread is that nobody can be annoyed, because it's intentionally designed without rules. :)

• Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »

Yes, Valentine inherited a nice house in Windenburg, but spends most of his time in a basement he added on to the house because he experiences paranoia about the world.

I started a new thread because I didn't want to try to keep track of ongoing stories in the original thread. I liked the more random nature of the second thread, but I don't want to be confined to a single vignette or upset people by telling stories at times. The beauty of this thread is that nobody can be annoyed, because it's intentionally designed without rules. :)

Got it. Thanks for explaining.

About the threads, the first thread doesn't have any rules (someone just made a second thread and others decided to post there). You don't have to keep track of anything if you post in the first thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    This is what Valentine's basement looks like.

50861072681_7c20db1397_b.jpg

He hangs out there when he gets Scared.

50861100031_ed96fb473e.jpg

Valentine and Zachariah went to a festival today. Zachariah dared Valentine to join the Pranksters.

50860356923_177cd27f89_b.jpg

So Valentine dared Zachariah to streak through San Myshuno.

50861073021_5979cacd13_b.jpg

The Pranksters won! Valentine received a voodoo doll, which he immediately used to tickle Zachariah.

50861171482_2d519c9f19_b.jpg

Valentine is trying to make money through fizzing, but he's not very good at it yet. He gave a Bro Gift to his brother of his suspiciously fizzy concoction. Even though Zachariah had just seen Valentine get sick from the same concoction, Zachariah loved the gift!

50860356448_b933c4e750_b.jpg

Since Valentine isn't good enough at fizzing yet to earn a living, he went to Evergreen Harbor to try to raise some money to pay his home taxes. Guess who he saw dumpster diving?

50860356178_a74c40669c_b.jpg

Yep, it was Queen Elizabeth! :lol:

50860356043_0cc09904ae_b.jpg
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @Rouensims Was so hoping the new scared emotion would affect paranoid sims - yippee! Great pics/story!
  • Options
    @AprilDawn Thanks! It's great fun so far! :)

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I kind of like the multiple threads. The original could get very hard to keep up with at times when a lot of people were posting there. I like popping into the other threads and seeing what people I don't usually see are posting. But I keep my posts to the original because I've been there for two years and I don't feel like moving.

@Rouensims The queen dumpster diving is hilarious!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,992 Member
    @haneul , as you may remember, I used to post at the original thread a lot (Tessa, Ted) , my problem with it currently is lack of spoilers. I have tried to post there several of times, last week actually, but when I opened the thread, I was faced with 2 posts with almost 50 pictures in both (I did count when it finally loaded) an nothing was under spoiler. So I gave up after waiting everything to load.
    I know this same thing has happened before, and someone mentioned about it back then, but seems to me it has been forgotten again. NOT by all, I am not saying that. <3

But that was my pet peeve to not to post at there :) Not all of us have super fast connections every time :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    The queen dumpster diving is :# . It doesn't even look like she found anything good.

@Ellupelluellu Yeah, sometimes there are way too many pictures outside of spoilers.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I like the idea of multiple threads. I used to post in the original thread, but it got hard to keep up with and intimidating. The other one was nice, but I feel like I was being annoying because my posts got a little serial story-ish just because I tend to play with the same family for long periods of time.
    Anyway, I here's what happened in my game. I started off playing with my sim, Jayden, who's married to Mark Eggleston. Here she is telling him that she's expecting their first child.
    dmgzoL0.png

It ended up being a girl, and I named her Wren.
    J6QbOHE.png
    kZ9Shtn.png

I switched over to playing Jayden's brother Daniel and his family. Daniel is an actor, and he had his first movie gig
    f8ByJ6H.png

Later, I aged up Daniel's twin daughters, Daphne and Piper. Daphne is the black haired one and Piper is the brown haired one
    Epaedqo.png
    vytT1jG.png

Daphne and Piper had some cake while their cat Stella watched
    FuW6Bit.png
  • Options
    @mia_noelle97 You have some cute kids in your game! :)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Nice to see another thread I think its better to have multiple threads for posting pics and sharing stories or just being silly as these threads get the largest. Every once in a while youll have people policing others when they can no longer load that thread. My net isnt the best but i dont think it helps to be that nagging voice of how many pics or otherwise people can post at random. There are countless threads for people just compliaing about the same thing we should monitor the fun ones too .
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Valentine went over to Zachariah's house and met Zachariah's boyfriend, Bodhi.

50861372568_55aa8692b3_b.jpg

While he was there, Zachariah had... an incident.

50862183482_079d4cea57_b.jpg

Zachariah didn't feel like going out after that, so Valentine and Bodhi went out to the Oasis Springs Amphitheatre to celebrate the holiday without him.

50862183392_cf097be0fe_b.jpg

Valentine thought doing a keg stand might be easier with Bodhi than it was with Zachariah. He was wrong.

50861372148_dfba7ff83f_b.jpg

He really, really, really enjoyed his suspiciously fizzy drinks though!

50862182977_7331502aa0_b.jpg

50861372043_1dfec2ab32_b.jpg
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    My sims child grew up to roll the mean trait, so I decided they should have one more child and they had triplets. 😭 I play all my sims on rotation and multiples run in the family. So now, including cousins, I have those trips, two sets of twins, and 2 single births to look forward to.🤣
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I think it is nice that there are many threads to cater to however we want to post :) All 3 threads seem to be really friendly and accepting (with a lot of overlap of people posting) and they seem relatively free of people who trigger my anxiety and make me avoid the forums.

@haneul and @Ellupelluellu I find the lack of spoilers in the original thread hard too. Especially if I am away from my computer and can only check in on my phone :( Some times it just wont open. But a lot of the original people I talked to when I first joined the forum are there like @Daephene , and AlwaysAsking (when she returns) so will continue to post there. And I have just had to come to terms with the fact that if I am busy or ill I can't read everything in the forums as much as I would like to -especially that thread which can get away by 100 pages when my health is bad.

I am happy this thread is here and will be favouriting it up too and lurking here often. I love @Rouensims saves and will want to read about them here (as well as the glitches and townies threads because their game always seems to get the best townies LOL)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    I prefer the original thread, because there I have received a very nice welcome and was very fast included in to the community. I didn't forget the friendliness.

In the second thread I have posted only once, but I don't follow it anymore, because it grew very fast and has turn out it has the same amount of posts other have complained about the original one. And now a third thread? To be frankly, I'm not happy about it, I fear that will kill the first thread now really, but I accept the reality as it is.

When I have started to write down my stories, I was anxious that other could complain about my language mistakes, because english isn't my first language. When looking in to the story forum the feedback there is much lower than in the what's happened thread. But I've started to post my challenge in this forum part too because there was a request for it, that other readers could easier follow the story. Maybe other storytellers could do the same and not forgetting to set the spoilers?

Well, okay, at last I contribute something here too. Yesterday I have finished my council hall for a new save. I dublicate it in my current save, but now it needs an update and an electrification.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I am happy this thread is here and will be favouriting it up too and lurking here often. I love @Rouensims saves and will want to read about them here (as well as the glitches and townies threads because their game always seems to get the best townies LOL)

Aww, thanks! I'm glad you'll be lurking here. <3
    And I'm sure there are more fun townies in store for me!

@Daravi I don't think any of the threads will be killed. I think they all have a different focus, and wonderful regulars to keep them active. :)
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Vlad and Lilith got engaged
    bAfzi2d.png
    ugVxYcq.png
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Guess who he saw dumpster diving?

50860356178_a74c40669c_b.jpg

Yep, it was Queen Elizabeth! :lol:

50860356043_0cc09904ae_b.jpg

Always a pleasure to see Lillibet in a post of yours! Even doing something extremely unlikely! Love it! :D
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top