Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets see/hear about the type of builds you intend to make for the new paranormal pack

Hi,

I thought it might be nice to start a thread specifically about the style and type of builds players will be creating or be looking for to play with the new paranormal pack in mind.

I feel extremely honoured as my friend and lovely DNA team member @AIRIS6962 has agreed to make me a massive 64x64 lot that i wish to incorporate all that lovely new paranormal content into and play different supernatural sims including the new paranormal style sims when the pack releases. I thinks it's going to bea good mix :)

This is the style I am going for mainly vamp style with an interior using purples and some rooms/areas specifically made for paranormal sims.

I would love to see pics and hear about other players ideas for the new pack..

JlcddeC.png

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I'm going to be building the house from the 1980s horror film Poltergeist. It's a good floorplan and it's easy to fit in a 30x20 lot as it's not very large. I'll be sharing it hopefully in this very thread when I'm finished with it. I'm going to rewatch the movie and try to match as much of the house as visible with game items.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Kerrigan

I look forward to seeing that. I just google searched and there appears to be some basic house/floor plans people have put online if you want to take a look at the following link..

http://www.poltergeist.poltergeistiii.com/cuestaverde.html
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I recently built this abandoned church. I built it with Vampires and Realm of Magic but will give it an upgrade once the new pack comes out.

This is the church:
    t8rcLVe.png

The lot is residential and has a "hideout" for occult sims in the basement.

This is the staircase to the hideout:
    vQ3giD5.png

The kitchen:
    PUGPOST.png

The living room:
    a5mV1wH.png

A bedroom (with a bathroom):
    xajjA2G.png

And a vampire lair with coffins:
    OED6FUu.png

I'll probably turn this into a haunted church and put in a seance table and other new stuff from the pack.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wow i love it @SimmerGeorge have you uploaded it to the gallery? If so what's your ID?
    I'm using the gallery again but now i only download lots from people here, that i know that play the game :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    There's just so many Vampire houses around. That's all well and good when you're rebuilding in Forgotten Hollow but it can get samey.

So I'm looking in the gallery for houses with basement and attics, and rewalling them and rearranging the attics and basements. When the pack comes out, hopefully 'Gigs' will have my Medium exploring the whole house.

Sometimes you can make a normal house a lot scarier just by changing carpet and wallpaper, or adding a few cracks or cobwebs. Sometimes you just have to change the windows and curtains.

I also downloaded an Amityville rebuild - there's a a lot of them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Wow i love it @SimmerGeorge have you uploaded it to the gallery? If so what's your ID?
    I'm using the gallery again but now i only download lots from people here, that i know that play the game :)

Thanks a bunch @telmarina ! My ID is the same as my Username here, so SimmerGeorge. The build is called Abandoned church hideout.

Yeah I recently started reusing the Gallery too. I only follow people I know in real life or from the forums, 'cause I know they're gonna be nice people.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited January 2021
    I think i need more info on pack features and see everything first but there is most likely going to be seance room and bonehilda added(and summoned) to my existing spoopy mansion

haunted lot type maybe

also new wallpaper is super pretty so yes that is being added everywhere probably

might add seance table to magic HQ should i one day get to rebuilding/editing it

aaand yeah. i think once i get to rebuilding granite falls into magic town 2.0 there is going to be some seance tents and stuff there too

+ some witch houses get some additions too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    These look so cool!

I’m planning to make a Residential lot in Forgotten Hollow that’s a cemetery with real tombstones that has a house in the back, away from the road through some trees.

I’m thinking gothic-style house using whatever new items we get, with a “secret” basement (bookcase door) that hides a satanic church with separate crypt rooms for vampire coffins. It sounds vampire-y, but I’ll have my ghost Sims live there.
    RySBI wrote: »
    These look so cool!

I’m planning to make a Residential lot in Forgotten Hollow that’s a cemetery with real tombstones that has a house in the back, away from the road through some trees.

I’m thinking gothic-style house using whatever new items we get, with a “secret” basement (bookcase door) that hides a satanic church with separate crypt rooms for vampire coffins. It sounds vampire-y, but I’ll have my ghost Sims live there.

Is there a bookcase door? 😮
    telmarina wrote: »

Thanks a bunch @telmarina ! My ID is the same as my Username here, so SimmerGeorge. The build is called Abandoned church hideout.

Yeah I recently started reusing the Gallery too. I only follow people I know in real life or from the forums, 'cause I know they're gonna be nice people.

Thank you! I'll download it today 😄
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    I want to do make cementery in the style of the cementery of ts3 (the town that came with the game, I forget the name) and have some ghost as a resident there (just because it has to be residential for it to be spooky ooky) and also an abandonned victorian mansion (also with ghosts as residents) for "daredevil" teens to party there and get spooked. I will use a lot of the vapire's spiderwebs and imperfections for the walls, and I think I will make a creepy attic with a seance table for them to discover while drunk and get into some mess.

I'm haven't used the lot in Brindleton Bay's island so far and it looks like a nice play to put some haunted house there, but I don't know yet who it could be for...
    @SimmerGeorge

That's a lovely build and I would like to see pics of it again if you are able when you have added all that lovely paranormal content :)

I also thought of using Windenburg as a whole supernatural world but I wanted Forgotten Hollow's moody atmospheric weather and the only one I can find is a Brntwaffles version but the last update was patched last at 1.30 so if anyone knows of an up to date version of such a sky mod i would be grateful for the details.

There is so little room in FH I was using just one nightclub community lot for ages but last night I changed the lot so I could still keep the nightclub in the basement but also accomodate a church looking cemetery above ground and then added some fog emitters.

The lot is by Liz865 and available on the gallery.

kg4XLaK.png

z2UkYKS.jpg

my sims appear to like the lot and I wondering if a room in the back could be the crystal ball reading area in some community lots as that would be so much fun as well :)

Fog Emitters for anyone interested

https://modthesims.info/d/605471/fog-emitter.html

@Loanet

I know there are a lot of vampire builds out there but i really wanted a large lot with plenty of different interior details so various sims could live in the house in their own unique spaces and as I am a terrible builder and not that great at interior detail I am grateful to be able to play in a house that will accommodate them all :)

@Simmingal

I love your idea of the seance table in the magic realm in fact i just love the idea of the seance circles for mediums on the go anyway :) I would also love to look at pics of your tent in Forgotten Hollow idea too. I wish we could have a paranormal festival the way they do the other festivals in the city..

@RySBI

I enjoyed reading about your ideas too. You could easily use something like the cemetery I have used as a nightclub but turn it into a residential area downstairs instead. I am almost sure I will be using witches for the new paranormal skill as I think that matches their type of supernatural. I am not sure yet which supernatural will become the investigator..

I know the Bonehilda coffin has been mentioned before on the threads by SatiSim but I found it on the gallery last night and thought I would mention it if anyone wants to use it in their builds.

LSQiEJW.jpg

I also found this little beauty while perusing the gallery called Bonehilda Seance by RethaSim which I will defo be using..

vIIayuE.jpg
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    @telmarina Yes there’s a bookcase door! I love using it, but it’s a career reward (I think Writer but I may be wrong). Alternatively you can unlock it using cheats ;)

It’s under doors and not bookcases btw as it’s not a functional bookcase.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm redoing a couple of lots from my supernatural save. After vampires dropped, I created a couple of vampire & witch clans based on Anne Rice's characters from the Vampire Chronicles and the Witching Hour.

I decided to create a plantation house that was Louie's home but burned down. In order to try and make Louie happy and comfortable, Lestat had it rebuilt as close to the original as possible but with a few modern conveniences. I also built it on a smaller lot (40x30) to make it easier to place. There's a small guest house where Louie goes to be alone and read his books. There is an underground lair where all the coffins are kept, a secret vault for treasures, a room that contains the statues of Akasha & Enkil and a secret access to the lair via a well in the backyard for vampires to come and go quickly without disturbing anyone else. There is also a roof access from the Widow's Walk. The seance table will be added and the lot will haunted by the ghosts and goblins of past kills and one vampire will be able to handle the ghosties and call Bonehilda via the table.

I'm also redoing my First Street house where the Mayfair witches reside. It too, was recreated to fit a smaller (40x30) lot for ease of placement. It includes a master suite for Rowen and Micheal, a bedroom suite for Mona, another bedroom suite for an as yet to be determined witch and a bedroom suite above the kitchen where Uncle Julien's ghost hangs out. There is a guest house, a pool where Micheal swims for exercise (and was almost drowned), a small cemetery under the twisted tree and a closed, secret garden where the witches gather around a bonfire of blue flames and dance. The attic holds the witches cauldron and other paraphernalia and will hold the seance table.

Next, I will begin work on the Talamasca motherhouse adding the seance table and the haunted house lot type.

I need to revamp my witches as I never updated them after Realm of Magic dropped.

Those are my plans so far. I'll rethink after I get the pack.

RySBI wrote: »
    @telmarina Yes there’s a bookcase door! I love using it, but it’s a career reward (I think Writer but I may be wrong). Alternatively you can unlock it using cheats ;)

It’s under doors and not bookcases btw as it’s not a functional bookcase.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I had no idea!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Kerrigan

I look forward to seeing that. I just google searched and there appears to be some basic house/floor plans people have put online if you want to take a look at the following link..

http://www.poltergeist.poltergeistiii.com/cuestaverde.html

Yeah, definitely grabbed those! I also noticed there are some on the gallery but I wanted to try and do a 30x20 if possible. The big creepy tree and unfinished pool are probably going to force me onto a bigger lot so I may be moving my build to Del Sol Valley. I'll probably finish up the basics this weekend. Then I'll be waiting for the Paranormal goodies.
    @mingusssss

I have got my cemetery nightclub lot sorted out now as above but as there is no cemetery lot designation in the game yet I am assuming you should be able to live on a cemetery lot designated residential and make it look like a cemetery externally?

Thanks for remembering teens I love to play teens (probably because I left home in my teens-) and a daredevil spooky lot would be awesome for that too. I always make sure I use a combo of 2 LittlemsSam's lot mods to make sure only teens turn up at the lots i want them to.
    More Visitors Lot Trait mod & Gender & more where we can disallow everyone but teens. I think WB or BB might suffice for a teen haunted lot there are a couple of out of the way places but it's just the normally shinny weather that would put me off..

Hi @Dannydanbo

I like looking at pics of your creations. I like the sound of your remake of Louie's home with a secret entrance do you have any pics to share? mayfair witches they sound excotic too :) I had to go look up Talamasca motherhouse as although i know who Anne Rice is I have not read everything of hers. Great plans I wish mine were half as exciting lol :)

@Kerrigan

I am glad you found the plans useful :) With 4 I am always trying looking for lots that have crammed in as much as possible without routing issues as some of the worlds are just too small. Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook are way too small I would have loved both those worlds to be much bigger :)
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    @SPARKY1922 exactly and I will make both locations haunted residential lots with some ghost as a resident. Then going to the cementery or to that abandonned house will tecnically be a visit to said ghosts. Oh those mods sound amazing actually, I will take a look.
    @mingusssss

I look forward to seeing what builds and storylines you use :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I honestly don't have any specific build that I want to build for my gameplay save file, other than converting my vampire castle to a haunted house. Perhaps, when I have the pack, I might be redoing my Sims cemetery or maybe some cafes/pubs for the seance club gathering.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'll be making a spellcaster and have her/him live in my Brighton House, which I did for Halloween last year (there's really noting "bright" about it). Its built using a real, old haunted house as a model. Can't remember the name or location right now.

Might be re-doing it a bit, to add things when the pack is released.

KztiJ27.png

JnJHXrN.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @mingusssss

I have got my cemetery nightclub lot sorted out now as above but as there is no cemetery lot designation in the game yet I am assuming you should be able to live on a cemetery lot designated residential and make it look like a cemetery externally?

Thanks for remembering teens I love to play teens (probably because I left home in my teens-) and a daredevil spooky lot would be awesome for that too. I always make sure I use a combo of 2 LittlemsSam's lot mods to make sure only teens turn up at the lots i want them to.
    More Visitors Lot Trait mod & Gender & more where we can disallow everyone but teens. I think WB or BB might suffice for a teen haunted lot there are a couple of out of the way places but it's just the normally shinny weather that would put me off..

Hi @Dannydanbo

I like looking at pics of your creations. I like the sound of your remake of Louie's home with a secret entrance do you have any pics to share? mayfair witches they sound excotic too :) I had to go look up Talamasca motherhouse as although i know who Anne Rice is I have not read everything of hers. Great plans I wish mine were half as exciting lol :)

@Kerrigan

I am glad you found the plans useful :) With 4 I am always trying looking for lots that have crammed in as much as possible without routing issues as some of the worlds are just too small. Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook are way too small I would have loved both those worlds to be much bigger :)

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my creations.

I plan on posting pics and the story along with the revamped households of the Mayfair witches and Lestat's clan. I'm just waiting on the pack to drop to get the Build/Buy and CAS to add to it. Now that I know children can hold seances, I've created Mona as a child and she will be the family seer who holds seances and deals with the spooks and specters that go bump in the night.

• VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I paused my asylum challenge so I think I'll give it the build the lot trait from the new pack for extra fun.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    My four Sims live in a renovated barn in Brindleton Bay. It has two basements; one for doing science and one for my collections of everything (it took AGES to find good display tables). Currently it has a Kareoke machine in it but I never use it.

The house will be refurnished thoroughly, but the first Basement's going to have the table added to it and it's gonna be made really creepy...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm planning on making a group of 3 townhouses (2 being empty shells) and the middle one being the actual house. The story is that it's a two-storey apartment built in 1917, and in 1923, a woman passed away in an "accidental" fire, this woman being a known medium. Legend has it that this woman, although dead, is still in the apartment, as well as the souls of those she had and has inflicted pain upon. The apartment's furniture hasn't been moved since 1926, but has been fixed, as to not anger the woman. This woman has no relation to Temperance, mind you, but is a demon similar to her. In 1967, another fire peculiarly started on the lot, although it was vacant at the time. 3 urns were found on the property, signifying that possible squatters were on the premises, and had been punished for angering the colloquially named "Mistress of Death".
    As of the time I make it, the house will sit abandoned, but sims will have observed activity from the windows.