Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your building and/or decorating aesthetic?

NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
Whether you just want to describe it in words, or also post a pic from somewhere illustrating what you like, and/or a game screenshot of the kind of build and/or interior you love, come share your personal aesthetic!
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    I like any kinda modern or contemporary design (maybe more so contemporary) with lots of black and white contrast. And also would be cool to have loads of plants (fake ones cuz ain't nobody got time to maintain those). I like marble designs too.

63b88947f5682fcc7ddebe6e4e633003.jpg
    fac8e2e15b9cd122fcb4e4da3062e79f.jpg
    d5438d1e8abc18096aef1b0a7ec55ddb.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love bright, bold, contrasting colour schemes, especially citrus colours, neon, and rainbow coloured things. I also love houses that are filled with nick-nacks, photographs and/or pictures of art, etc; aspects that give the room a personal feel. If I see a blank wall, I instantly want to fill the space. Having lots to look at on a wall or a bright colour/pattern both relaxes and energises me. It's a mood booster, imagination stimulator, but functions also as something to drown out the noise when there are too many thoughts going on.

Here are the kind of rooms I'd have if I were to design my dream house. Slight warning: If you really don't like lots of bright, garish colours it's probably best you don't look at this! (All images in this spoiler were copied and pasted from Bing image search, I don't own any of them).
    ne46krt.png
    Would find it fun to have different theme to each room in a house. Have always wanted a modern bathroom and if I could have a neon orange, green and pink kitchen, I honestly would!

In my Sims builds, the theme varies depending on the purpose of the building and, if a house, whoever lives in it and what they do. I like to customise bedrooms in particular according to each Sim's personality and what things I imagine they would choose to have.
    That said, I also do have certain decorative items/ wallpaper/ carpets that feature in a lot of my sim's houses. Favourites are the Strangerville lava lamps, Moschino Stuff chairs and sofas, base game children's' blobby circle rugs, base game two-toned blended wallpapers and the base game carpets that look like cracked stone in different bright colours.
    Example:
    cukGNuS.png
    This was an early house for the four in my avatar when they all still lived together. Norrell and Leoni live in a similar style mansion now, reflecting their flamboyant and crazy personalities. Tadeo (who had the green and black bedroom in the background), lives in a more spooky/ gothic style house to reflect his and his wife's tastes. Rhydia is upbeat and practical so has some bright colours again, but with a more sensible design style (she now lives in Sulani).
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I like any kinda modern or contemporary design (maybe more so contemporary) with lots of black and white contrast. And also would be cool to have loads of plants (fake ones cuz ain't nobody got time to maintain those). I like marble designs too.

63b88947f5682fcc7ddebe6e4e633003.jpg
    fac8e2e15b9cd122fcb4e4da3062e79f.jpg
    d5438d1e8abc18096aef1b0a7ec55ddb.jpg

Your aesthetic is similar in some ways to mine. I tend to want color used in extreme moderation, but prefer contrast, line, and form, with more space, less clutter. Though white is harsh on my eyes and I prefer darker interiors than a lot of people, who find my preference "gloomy" but it's not because I have a gothic style, it's because my eyes are so light-sensitive that I find it relieving to be in a darker room.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I love bright, bold, contrasting colour schemes, especially citrus colours, neon, and rainbow coloured things. I also love houses that are filled with nick-nacks, photographs and/or pictures of art, etc; aspects that give the room a personal feel. If I see a blank wall, I instantly want to fill the space. Having lots to look at on a wall or a bright colour/pattern both relaxes and energises me. It's a mood booster, imagination stimulator, but functions also as something to drown out the noise when there are too many thoughts going on.

Here are the kind of rooms I'd have if I were to design my dream house. Slight warning: If you really don't like lots of bright, garish colours it's probably best you don't look at this! (All images in this spoiler were copied and pasted from Bing image search, I don't own any of them).
    ne46krt.png
    Would find it fun to have different theme to each room in a house. Have always wanted a modern bathroom and if I could have a neon orange, green and pink kitchen, I honestly would!

In my Sims builds, the theme varies depending on the purpose of the building and, if a house, whoever lives in it and what they do. I like to customise bedrooms in particular according to each Sim's personality and what things I imagine they would choose to have.
    That said, I also do have certain decorative items/ wallpaper/ carpets that feature in a lot of my sim's houses. Favourites are the Strangerville lava lamps, Moschino Stuff chairs and sofas, base game children's' blobby circle rugs, base game two-toned blended wallpapers and the base game carpets that look like cracked stone in different bright colours.
    Example:
    cukGNuS.png
    This was an early house for the four in my avatar when they all still lived together. Norrell and Leoni live in a similar style mansion now, reflecting their flamboyant and crazy personalities. Tadeo (who had the green and black bedroom in the background), lives in a more spooky/ gothic style house to reflect his and his wife's tastes. Rhydia is upbeat and practical so has some bright colours again, but with a more sensible design style (she now lives in Sulani).

Everyone's different, and I think there are more people with tastes similar to yours, than tastes similar to mine, on the Gallery.
    I did peek at the spoiler and...you tried to warn me! Felt a visceral near-panic sensation just looking at that. My lava and glitter lamps are about as much color as I can tolerate. :D

But I'm glad you did share, and hope others will too. There's room for everyone's vision.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited January 2021

ne46krt.png

Example:
    cukGNuS.png

Everyone's different, and I think there are more people with tastes similar to yours, than tastes similar to mine, on the Gallery.
    I did peek at the spoiler and...you tried to warn me! Felt a visceral near-panic sensation just looking at that. My lava and glitter lamps are about as much color as I can tolerate. :D

But I'm glad you did share, and hope others will too. There's room for everyone's vision.

Oh dear, really sorry about that! I put the warning just in case there are any viewers who find visual overloads difficult to look at (my sister has visual sensitivity with certain patterns, to the point where I have to cover up some of the patterned storage boxes in my house when she visits (or she'll do it for me!)).

Yes hope some more people will post. Really enjoy looking at everyone's different tastes and design inspirations.

@DeKay I like that marble bathroom too.