Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cd keys has a fantastic S3 pack sale on right now for S3 Origin keycodes

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
After reading what @CaveSim wrote about not being able to find S3 game packs for sale in origin I conducted a little research and found I could not purchase S3 packs as I kept getting a notice that I already owned them even when i signed out of origin and went over to their website to try so I tried gifting packs to my friends on origin only to receive messages stating they were not eligible to receive them? (I am in the UK)

Steam right now is charging full price for S3 packs however I found that cdKeys appears to be having some sort of sale where Origin key codes start at just over £3 a pack so I thought I would post the details on the forum in case players would like to purchase extra packs just in case we are at the start of a S3 becoming less and less available through origin.

OP original question on this on the following thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986153/in-america-no-sims-3-sold-online#latest

[link removed. Please Don't advertise as per our forum rules. - EA_Leeloo]
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorry to have to bring this up, but CD-Keys is not an authorized re-seller of EA game codes. This is a great way for players to have their games locked up on them when EA revokes Origin codes for which they had never been paid. It's happened to thousands of TS3 players sometimes right away, sometimes a couple of years after purchase, and it's a royal pain to get those locks lifted because even customer support doesn't always understand what has happened.

It's not improper or illegal or anything to purchase from an unauthorized re-seller, but the risk of having something bad happen that is complicated to recover from is still there.

The game and its packs are still available from Origin and Steam, as well as other sources. They just rearranged things on the Origin front a bit.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @igazor

I wasn't aware of that because I read that another player somewhere had actually contacted EA directly to confirm cdkeys were okay to use and apparently they said yes so that's why i thought it was okay to point out they were having a sale :s