Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 2

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    krist556 wrote: »
    plz tell me we get a proton pack device in Paranormal Investigator

I do agree.

I love what you've got going, but a one-piece play on the Ghostbuster uniform and backpack, and something from the Scooby Doo line would be such a laugh. You know it's going to be made anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I love the ideas of this pack. SimGuruConor always does such a good job on them. But SP aside, seriously, now our kids can knit, ski and be mediums yet they can't ride a bike or water a plant??? I think this should be changed.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I love the ideas of this pack. SimGuruConor always does such a good job on them. But SP aside, seriously, now our kids can knit, ski and be mediums yet they can't ride a bike or water a plant??? I think this should be changed.
    I know, I was gutted that they didn't get their own little bikes. And they should definitely be able to water plants, my own kids loved doing that even as toddlers.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I know, I was gutted that they didn't get their own little bikes. And they should definitely be able to water plants, my own kids loved doing that even as toddlers.

They had a thought bubble at the end of nifty knitting with a toddler on a tricycle! I believe they are saving the bikes for a particular pack. Something family/kid related maybe
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

They had a thought bubble at the end of nifty knitting with a toddler on a tricycle! I believe they are saving the bikes for a particular pack. Something family/kid related maybe

Maybe it will come with a Stuff Pack that comes with a base-game baby update.

After all, we got this Fear Update with Paranormal Stuff, and we got Kid's Room and Parenthood with the Toddler Update.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    hold up so i can make my like 7-year-old rambunctious scamp child sim a medium?? and have them use a seance table?? a CHILD??
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    hold up so i can make my like 7-year-old rambunctious scamp child sim a medium?? and have them use a seance table?? a CHILD??
    Nothing wrong with teaching kids mediumship. I learned as a kid and I turned out
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

gEneRaTioNs?
    no ofc not

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Yes why not?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

This is actually the best part. I'm going to have my orphans start dabbling into the unknown 👀 then they awaken something. Like those movies 😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member

This is actually the best part. I'm going to have my orphans start dabbling into the unknown 👀 then they awaken something. Like those movies 😅😅

Great minds think alike! I was just planning out a storyline for my twin girls who currently live in an orphanage. They want some way to get back at the evil caretaker 😇
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited January 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with teaching kids mediumship. I learned as a kid and I turned out

absolutely stunning and gorgeous

Gordyous?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wish kids could start learning ALL adult skills... it'ld make that lifestage much more interesting.
  • PeachfulPeachful Posts: 1 New Member
    This is the only thing I have been looking forward to since the announcement!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

absolutely stunning and gorgeous

Gordyous?
    Well, I turned out.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited January 2021
    Maybe they can only learn in their youth if they're a Spellcaster.

Or maybe not...

Anyway I'm putting together houses that I will certainly improve upon once I have the Paranormal Pack. I've got a lovely big renovated barn I'll creepy up somewhat once

Will we be called out to pubs and swimming pools and museums as well as houses?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    It could be like that movie "Sixth Sense"
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    krist556 wrote: »
    plz tell me we get a proton pack device in Paranormal Investigator

I do agree.

I love what you've got going, but a one-piece play on the Ghostbuster uniform and backpack, and something from the Scooby Doo line would be such a laugh. You know it's going to be made anyway.

I think I've actually seen Ghostbusters cc before!
    Loanet wrote: »
    Will we be called out to pubs and swimming pools and museums as well as houses?

I really doubt it, since there is a only a haunted house lot type, unfortunately.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

I agree. It would be so nice if children could ride a bicycle or water plants. I like the fact that they can learn the medium skill, so my spellcaster children can at least do something that can relate to magic, at least in my story it will be connected to magic. I wish they could at least practise magic with wands.

I have a feeling all the simmers reactions to missing bicycles for children might be the reason why kids are suddenly included in new skills. We needed to complain before the devs or EA realised simmers are interested in gameplay for sim children. Just a theory though.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The fact that this is a Stuff Pack just blows my mind.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• heidi137heidi137 Posts: 9 New Member
    I always judge at stake myself. But thanks! Happy that the occults are the privileged ones on this opus.
    My vampires and my wizards have new alternatives. I like the Sims4 game to be relaxed, I don't play real life.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    This sounds sooo awesome! Thank you so much devsteam!
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wish kids could start learning ALL adult skills... it'ld make that lifestage much more interesting.

i NEED children to be able to garden like honestly
    they'd be so much more useful--
    Kids riding bikes would need a new bike animation, or possibly a new bike, which is why we haven't seen it yet. Maybe we'll see it in time. Or maybe not; there's so many other things to do.

Maybe we'll get it when we get cars, in some sort of 'travel' pack.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    I ranked Tiny Living as #1 until Paranormal Stuff was announced. I'm excited that Doctor Ashley will be partnering with the SP18 team to build a haunted house lot that will ship with the release. Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape had lots built by EA Game Changers (Simproved, Deligracy, James Turner, Simlicy and Lil Simsie). I would like to see The Sims team partner with EA Game Changers for building lots for uploading to the Gallery. I saw YouTube videos of the lots built for snowy escape and SimGuruGraham (I believe) did some changes to the builds after they were finished. Unfortunately, it didn't go too well for Lilsimsie or James Turner who had to renovate some of their builds. I liked that The Sims team cleaned up and did changes to the builds. Mistakes can and will happen. Many builds in the Gallery are NOT quality checked and are sometimes dysfunctional. For example, a mailbox will spawn in front of the door if the build is missing a mailbox or the kitchen wasn't built right and Sims can't cook. These are simple issues that could be quality checked by The Sims team to ensure the builds provide the players with the best experience. Sure, I can go fix the build myself, but sometimes I want to just dive in to live mode instead of fiddling with build mode. Partnering with EA Game Changers on building lots something is something The Sims team really needs to keep doing.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer